KO2CV - 0.74

Talk about EVERYTHING related to Kick Off 1 + 2.

Moderator: Moderators

Eternal-student
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!

Postby Eternal-student » Sun Dec 04, 2005 10:41 pm

Oh, and i thought of another feature that might be quite nice for newbies (like me!). Could you make the formations that are being used, visible? I find it hard to identify what the computer is doing sometimes.. although I guess this would be redundant if you can choose the computers tactics?
Eternal-student = Steve B
Steve Camber
Mad! 7000+ poster!
Mad! 7000+ poster!

Postby Steve Camber » Sun Dec 04, 2005 11:04 pm

Eternal-student wrote:The distance from goal calculation seems to be off from time to time.. I can't work out why though. Some lobs from kick off are around the 1400 mark which I guess is correct.. but sometimes only 200.

Also, how do you work out which post has been hit? I can't be certain but it seemed as though the computer got a post hit when I hit the post after the ball came off the keeper? Is it calculated on who touched the ball last? I might be wrong about this though.

I'm working on improving the goal distance calculation right now. It was rather fudgy before :P

The post hit is logged according to which team touched the ball last. This can be easily seen by checking the colour of the name in the bottom left corner.

Displaying the formation name in the top left corner is something I'm thinking of. Especially when(if) people start choosing from 8 tactics!

I'm fixing a few wind issues tonight too. For the more flatulent koa members who are keen on getting their balls blown ;)
--
SteveC - Kick Off engineer - Ranked somewhere waaaay down the list
18 Dec 2003 - "One day I'm going to disassemble the 68000 code, and find out exactly what's going on in there!! "

Ask me about online KO2 :)
Eternal-student
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!

Postby Eternal-student » Sun Dec 04, 2005 11:10 pm

Lovely stuff!

Arr I thought I was right about the post hit thingy.
Eternal-student = Steve B