Email alerts for tournaments

Welcome for Newcomers, enter here for information and a warm drink before you begin.

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators

iankay
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!

Email alerts for tournaments

Postby iankay » Sun Mar 10, 2013 5:09 pm

Hi all,
stumbled across the site a few weeks ago and finally got around to registering. Really pleased people are still playing after all this time! I played loads on my Atari STFM when at secondary school and then loads more on my room-mate's Amiga at University but that was all last century.

Is there a way to get an alert when http://ko-gathering.com/koasi/calendar.php has a new tournament listed? No problem if not, I'll try and remember to keep checking that page. At the moment only Freiburg is in the future, and I would rather test myself somewhere within 300 miles of Yorkshire to start with.

Ian Kay.
alkis21

Re: Email alerts for tournaments

Postby alkis21 » Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:25 pm

Hello and welcome, Ian. There is no automatic feature, but if you give your email address to the English boys I'm sure they'll be glad to notify you next time a tournament is planned. And Birmingham is within the range you specified. :)
Remember, remember, the 4th and the 3rd of November
iankay
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!

Postby iankay » Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:49 pm

Thanks Alkis,
Bournemouth would be OK too
durban
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby durban » Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:25 am

Sadly the calendar isn't actually Dynamic (was looking at this the other night incidently)

Not sure how we could automate this, probably from the start we could, but not plugging it in now ;(

more than welcome to join the UKC, probably going to be late June, just need to get dates from the hotel.
No longer the only UK based Liverpool, Nottingham Forest and Crewe supporter in the whole of the KOA!!!
iankay
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!

Postby iankay » Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:07 pm

Nice one, thanks Durban, might look up my old room-mate from Uni in case he's interested
gdh82
6000+ Poster!
6000+ Poster!

Postby gdh82 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:46 pm

Welcome Ian and that's a nice idea. The next best thing I can suggest is to check your pm so we can exchange contact details. For a number of reasons, we've a lull in activity right now, but I'd gladly give you a shout the next time we organise something. You and your mate would be welcome anytime.

Gaz
All the goals, the stats, the stories & more from the KO2 WC 2011 - please click here

And click here for everything you'll ever need to know about KO2!