Hello from a "vet newbie" (who has a few Qs)

Welcome for Newcomers, enter here for information and a warm drink before you begin.

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators

goonergaz
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!

Re: Hello from a "vet newbie" (who has a few Qs)

Postby goonergaz » Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:54 pm

Steve Camber wrote:It's just practice!
Definitely keep the cpu team on a set formation, maybe 424.

Dont forget practice mode is a great place to sort out your ball controls skills without getting grief from cpu players.

Yes, I was thinking of setting a formation to give me a more consistent result/progress check.

BTW, forgot to mention I scored my first Camber goal the other night...well first for 20 years anyway :wink:
goonergaz
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!

Postby goonergaz » Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:56 pm

gdh82 wrote:
goonergaz wrote:I'm currently playing games where I generally am the better team and win more than I lose...but I still lose!

That's still progress in my book! :) And you weren't scoring 5 to begin with.

Though appreciate the CPU can be a tough nut to crack, and quite an unsatisfying opponent really. I can still lose to the f***** :lol: Find a human opponent if you can, online or off. Generally, though, don't put too much pressure on yourself, progress can be hard to see at times, keep it fresh and keep it fun, results will take care of themselves.

Was thinking of fine-tuning my skills a bit more before getting canned online! :lol:
Might set up a league vs the CPU - at least it will be a bit more entertaining that single games.
gdh82
6000+ Poster!
6000+ Poster!

Postby gdh82 » Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:37 pm

goonergaz wrote:Was thinking of fine-tuning my skills a bit more before getting canned online! :lol:
Might set up a league vs the CPU - at least it will be a bit more entertaining that single games.

Trouble is, we all get canned by the elite online crowd! :lol: Few better places to improve those skillz though 8)

Btw, to mix things up, did you know that KO2CV allows you to remove players. Or even whole defences! :evil: 5-a-side? 3v3? Do what you want really. :)
All the goals, the stats, the stories & more from the KO2 WC 2011 - please click here

And click here for everything you'll ever need to know about KO2!
goonergaz
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!

Postby goonergaz » Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:31 am

gdh82 wrote:
goonergaz wrote:Was thinking of fine-tuning my skills a bit more before getting canned online! :lol:

Trouble is, we all get canned by the elite online crowd! :lol: Few better places to improve those skillz though 8)

Btw, to mix things up, did you know that KO2CV allows you to remove players. Or even whole defences! :evil: 5-a-side? 3v3? Do what you want really. :)

No I didn't - I thought I had read all the updates etc wonder how I missed that?
Steve Camber
Mad! 7000+ poster!
Mad! 7000+ poster!

Postby Steve Camber » Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:40 am

While in the game, hit P to pause, then use "[" and "]" (on a uk keyboard!) to navigate through the pages.
Locate the player list page, use the cursor keys to move the cursor down to highlight the player you want to eliminate and press R.

It's best not to remove keepers! You also need at least two outfield players to avoid trouble so don't get carried away.

I played a game this week with only Cox, Barber and Fisher on my team. I got a free kick, so my keeper ran all the way up the pitch to assist. Naturally my opponent scored a few seconds later after getting chased all the way by my Fisher.. His first ever goal in KO2 ;)
--
SteveC - Kick Off engineer
18 Dec 2003 - "One day I'm going to disassemble the 68000 code, and find out exactly what's going on in there!! "

Ask me about online KO2 :) https://kickoff2.net
gdh82
6000+ Poster!
6000+ Poster!

Postby gdh82 » Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:33 pm

Steve Camber wrote:Naturally my opponent scored a few seconds later after getting chased all the way by my Fisher.. His first ever goal in KO2 ;)

Sweet! That reminds me of the time I set up my nephews on a walled pitch without keepers!! A KO2 goalfest it was and they had great fun. 8)
All the goals, the stats, the stories & more from the KO2 WC 2011 - please click here

And click here for everything you'll ever need to know about KO2!