Page 4 of 7

Re: Welcome to Newcomers, Old Timers and Everyone In Between

Posted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 5:41 pm
by gdh82
Billy Minof wrote:The game is still awesome and it didnt take us too long to get the basics back, a few more good sessions of Kick off and we shall become masters once more. :lol:


Maragenie wrote:Now you said it Minof, watch out world the boys are back in town!!! :twisted:


:lol: :lol: Great to hear the spirit you bring to these forums! :) Where are you lads based btw? Maybe we could put in touch with some local competition? Or else with a few extras you might even host an official tourney yourselves? Whatever you do, a warm welcome to the place.

Re: Welcome to Newcomers, Old Timers and Everyone In Between

Posted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 7:06 pm
by Billy Minof
gdh82 wrote:
Billy Minof wrote:The game is still awesome and it didnt take us too long to get the basics back, a few more good sessions of Kick off and we shall become masters once more. :lol:


Maragenie wrote:Now you said it Minof, watch out world the boys are back in town!!! :twisted:


:lol: :lol: Great to hear the spirit you bring to these forums! :) Where are you lads based btw? Maybe we could put in touch with some local competition? Or else with a few extras you might even host an official tourney yourselves? Whatever you do, a warm welcome to the place.


We hail from Limerick, Ireland. :)

Looking forward to speaking with ye all.

Re: Welcome to Newcomers, Old Timers and Everyone In Between

Posted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 6:17 am
by Saint-Ex
Hey there! Welcome aboard mate! Nice to see some newcomers join in. Proves the fact that KO spirit never dies!!! :-)

Re: Welcome to Newcomers, Old Timers and Everyone In Between

Posted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 7:50 am
by Tripod
Welcome to the forum!


The limerick packs laughs anatomical
In space that is quite economical,

But the good ones I've seen
So seldom are clean,

And the clean ones so seldom are comical.

Re: Welcome to Newcomers, Old Timers and Everyone In Between

Posted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 1:11 pm
by Billy Minof
Tripod wrote:Welcome to the forum!


The limerick packs laughs anatomical
In space that is quite economical,

But the good ones I've seen
So seldom are clean,

And the clean ones so seldom are comical.


lol..... :lol:

Re: Welcome to Newcomers, Old Timers and Everyone In Between

Posted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 6:27 pm
by gdh82
:lol: :lol:

Billy Minof wrote:We hail from Limerick, Ireland. :)


About time we had some Irish KO action, I say! :) I believe Pedro's over there still? Who know's one day you may put Ireland on the KOA tourney map! KOLA (Kick Off Limerick Association) sounds a worthy addition to join the ranks... 8)

Re: Welcome to Newcomers, Old Timers and Everyone In Between

Posted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:36 am
by Billy Minof
Sounds interesting....let me to talk to Maragenie about it.

Re: Welcome to Newcomers, Old Timers and Everyone In Between

Posted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 8:06 pm
by Maragenie
Tripod wrote:Welcome to the forum!


The limerick packs laughs anatomical
In space that is quite economical,

But the good ones I've seen
So seldom are clean,

And the clean ones so seldom are comical.


That about sums it up. :mrgreen:


As for the tourney, give us a few months to at least get back upto speed and who knows maybe we can get something going. I'd love to make the WC this year but I just wouldn't be ready to compete. There's so much more to our game than we're getting now, but it is coming back.

Is that PBC tourney standard? I never remember using that, also I remember the Kickoff2 we have not have the overhead kicks and we had to play final whistle (which had a habit of crashing) but now the KO2 I got has them. :?o:

Re: Welcome to Newcomers, Old Timers and Everyone In Between

Posted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:14 pm
by Steve Camber
The KO2 we use doesnt have overhead kicks, although it appeared in later versions.
PBD is optional, each player can choose to have it or not. If you used to play the "cracked by oracle" amiga version, or Player Manager, you will be used to this. Otherwise avoid it!

Re: Welcome to Newcomers, Old Timers and Everyone In Between

Posted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 5:56 pm
by Steve Smith
hello, we met at the birmingham tournament back in june. I was the one who got just the 1 goal lol

Re: Welcome to Newcomers, Old Timers and Everyone In Between

Posted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:33 am
by Tripod
For the difference between PBD and NOPBD, check out the 2nd video in the video compilation thread:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=14866

Before the fine Mr. Camber managed to integrate both into the game, now each player can choose - even on the fly - to switch between the two, we always needed two-legged rounds, having to play one match in the "wrong version".

Re: Welcome to Newcomers, Old Timers and Everyone In Between

Posted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 6:01 pm
by gdh82
Steve Smith wrote:hello, we met at the birmingham tournament back in june. I was the one who got just the 1 goal lol


1 goal but a thousand slide tackles! We remember you Steve Slide! Goal no #2 is awaited.... :)

Re: Welcome to Newcomers, Old Timers and Everyone In Between

Posted: Sun May 08, 2011 5:15 pm
by SirClive
Hi folks. I met some of the guys at the Retro Computer Museum weekender yesterday and was crowned the Newcomer's Champion in the mini tournament they ran 8)

Used to love KO2 back in the day, but haven't played it for years. Am putting that right now though and will be playing it a lot (if I can get an emulated version to work on my Mac).

Great to see you keeping the game alive and I hope to get to one of the tournaments this year.