PBD discussion

This forum is dedicated to the new football game Active Soccer (and Throw In) by TheFoxSoft.

Moderators: TheFoxSoft, Moderators

TheFoxSoft

Postby TheFoxSoft » Tue Mar 08, 2005 10:20 am

Abyss wrote:I'm not very active in testing Throw In currently, for various reasons, but I'm very interested in the project and remember that Pascal and me know some things about database programming and have shown interest in helping with the career mode and the managerial part, if you do need help.

Calimero
2000+ Poster!
2000+ Poster!

Postby Calimero » Tue Mar 08, 2005 3:54 pm

Yes, that offer still stands :)

I think it would be best to create a minimal career mode first and when it's completely finished expand the functionality and interface.
The main emphasis should be on playing the games on the pitch. In my eyes, the career mode is a way to give a meaning to playing game after game.
The whole idea is to be able to play season after season, building your squad and collecting trophies.
All else should be considered as adding a higher drool-factor to the game ;)
Topscorer lists, stadium upgrades, technical staff and "all-the-leagues-and-cups-in-the-world" are great features, but not immediately necessary for a good career mode.

What are everyone's ideas on this?
Danne
5000+ Poster!
5000+ Poster!

Postby Danne » Tue Mar 08, 2005 4:00 pm

Calimero wrote:Yes, that offer still stands :)

I think it would be best to create a minimal career mode first and when it's completely finished expand the functionality and interface.
The main emphasis should be on playing the games on the pitch. In my eyes, the career mode is a way to give a meaning to playing game after game.
The whole idea is to be able to play season after season, building your squad and collecting trophies.
All else should be considered as adding a higher drool-factor to the game ;)
Topscorer lists, stadium upgrades, technical staff and "all-the-leagues-and-cups-in-the-world" are great features, but not immediately necessary for a good career mode.

What are everyone's ideas on this?

I agree with what you say Calimero.

Just make it as easy as possible at the start. and when that works more things can be added.

There is no point in adding in 100 different leaguesystem emideately. There were only one in PM and I actually think it is enough. It would be nice to have international tournaments such as Champions League and WC too but it can wait.
JZ

Postby JZ » Tue Mar 08, 2005 4:10 pm

One thing that wasn't it PM or SWOS that I believe is vital to career mode though is multi-player.
Calimero
2000+ Poster!
2000+ Poster!

Postby Calimero » Wed Mar 09, 2005 6:42 am

JZ wrote:One thing that wasn't it PM or SWOS that I believe is vital to career mode though is multi-player.

Do you mean more than one manager, were each player has his own team? Or do you mean multiple controllers when playing a match?
JZ

Postby JZ » Wed Mar 09, 2005 12:56 pm

Calimero wrote:
JZ wrote:One thing that wasn't it PM or SWOS that I believe is vital to career mode though is multi-player.

Do you mean more than one manager, were each player has his own team? Or do you mean multiple controllers when playing a match?

Either/Both