0.0.6 impressions

This forum is dedicated to the new football game Active Soccer (and Throw In) by TheFoxSoft.

Moderators: TheFoxSoft, Moderators

Calimero
2000+ Poster!
2000+ Poster!

Postby Calimero » Tue Feb 22, 2005 1:55 pm

Just take your time, Gianluca Gianluci :)
Everything that is good needs time, so I think it's more important that you get done what you had in mind for the next beta.

I would like to see a few little things that will probably not take too much time too implement, but will make the game more polished towards a final product:
- timer from 0-90 minutes
- present the scorer and time of the goal
- injury time
- optional penalty shootout on draw in friendly match
TheFoxSoft

Postby TheFoxSoft » Tue Feb 22, 2005 2:55 pm

Calimero wrote:Just take your time, Gianluca Gianluci :)
Everything that is good needs time, so I think it's more important that you get done what you had in mind for the next beta.

I would like to see a few little things that will probably not take too much time too implement, but will make the game more polished towards a final product:
- timer from 0-90 minutes
- present the scorer and time of the goal
- injury time
- optional penalty shootout on draw in friendly match

:)
timer form 0-90 mins requires some GFX work.i would like to redisegn the ingame text so 0-90 mins will be there only when the new GUI is done.
Same problems with the scorer.
Danne
5000+ Poster!
5000+ Poster!

Postby Danne » Wed Feb 23, 2005 2:04 pm

Last night I made my best result so far. 9-0 (2*3 minutes)

Throw in is really great fun! :)

It would be intresting to hear if you guys have found some easygoals. I must admit that I havent found a goal that I can score with all the time. The different positioning for the keeper make so that the variety of goals is much higher than in both KO2 and KO 2002. I though have some goals that I do more often.

1) The wing gets free after a longball from the defender. He starts running towards the 'far' post. the keeper runs out and he curl it in in just inside the far post.
2) The wing gets free after a longball from the defender. He runs inside the flanks of box and pass to the free atacker in the middle of the box. He shoot and tries to score from a very very good position.
3) The wing gets free after a longball from the defender. He starts running towards a position a few meters to the left of the near post. when the keeper starts running he change direction 90* and run towards the penaltypoint. Emideately after that he changes direction 90* and shots on goal.

I like the easygoals much more in throw in than in KO2. Mostly because that there are easy goals which doesnt mean that you have to fool the keeper. The easy goals that I have seen in TI is also more realistic than the KO" easygoals. There are also more easy goals in throw in than in KO2 which in the end means that there are no really easy goals. :)
Danne
5000+ Poster!
5000+ Poster!

Postby Danne » Wed Feb 23, 2005 5:31 pm

I have noticed that the ball isnt centered when you play close to the sidelines.

Near the sideline you therefor get a vertical view but horizontally perspected (if you play vertical). It is rather difficult to play this way. Especially if the ball is in the air.

A proposal would be to always make the ball centered also close to the sidelines.
TheFoxSoft

Postby TheFoxSoft » Wed Feb 23, 2005 6:05 pm

Danne wrote:I have noticed that the ball isnt centered when you play close to the sidelines.

Near the sideline you therefor get a vertical view but horizontally perspected (if you play vertical). It is rather difficult to play this way. Especially if the ball is in the air.

A proposal would be to always make the ball centered also close to the sidelines.

this feature is present only in v0.06b. Basically, adding a camera limit let you view more pitch. This is really useful with zoomed out cameras, that show too much out of bound pitch.
Hey, now you understand why i complained about tilted camera? :D
Do you prefer no-camera-limit?
Danne
5000+ Poster!
5000+ Poster!

Postby Danne » Wed Feb 23, 2005 6:28 pm

TheFoxSoft wrote:this feature is present only in v0.06b. Basically, adding a camera limit let you view more pitch. This is really useful with zoomed out cameras, that show too much out of bound pitch.
Hey, now you understand why i complained about tilted camera? :D
Do you prefer no-camera-limit?

Could you remove that feature please. (at least for default and mid range)

It is better to have good controll than see as much pitch as possible. At least according to me. Then have in mind that you wanna see the stadium when that is added. :)

yes. Now when I have get used to an untilted cam I dislike the tilted cams. You just loose so much controll.
TheFoxSoft

Postby TheFoxSoft » Wed Feb 23, 2005 6:36 pm

yes. Now when I have get used to an untilted cam I dislike the tilted cams. You just loose so much controll.

:shock: :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:
do you think i should remove the tilted camera option?
Danne
5000+ Poster!
5000+ Poster!

Postby Danne » Wed Feb 23, 2005 6:38 pm

TheFoxSoft wrote:

:shock: :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:
do you think i should remove the tilted camera option?

no. dont do that. :)

I think that there are many people that wanna play with a tilted cam.
Danne
5000+ Poster!
5000+ Poster!

Postby Danne » Wed Feb 23, 2005 6:43 pm

TheFoxSoft wrote:Do you prefer no-camera-limit?

btw

what do you mean with this?

If you mean that the ball always should be centered then yes I prefer no-limit-cam. 8)
TheFoxSoft

Postby TheFoxSoft » Wed Feb 23, 2005 6:54 pm

Danne wrote:
TheFoxSoft wrote:Do you prefer no-camera-limit?

btw

what do you mean with this?

If you mean that the ball always should be centered then yes I prefer no-limit-cam. 8)

hmmmmhhmmmm.....another option here :D
Danne
5000+ Poster!
5000+ Poster!

Postby Danne » Mon Feb 28, 2005 4:47 pm

I just beat my record.

12-0 this time.

Which is your best result so far?
Danne
5000+ Poster!
5000+ Poster!

Postby Danne » Wed Mar 02, 2005 12:29 pm

Have all of you quit playing TI?

do you wait for the new beta?

or are you to busy to play on your sparetime that you dont have time to post? :)

or is 12-0 the record among us?? :lol: :lol:
TheFoxSoft

Postby TheFoxSoft » Wed Mar 02, 2005 12:31 pm

12-0? :shock:
i don't know which is my record. I guess 5-1 or something about :D