Bug reports for beta 0.0.6

This forum is dedicated to the new football game Active Soccer (and Throw In) by TheFoxSoft.

Moderators: TheFoxSoft, Moderators

TheFoxSoft

Postby TheFoxSoft » Wed Feb 09, 2005 11:07 am

:oops: sorry not understanding.... :sor:
jbounias
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!

re

Postby jbounias » Wed Feb 09, 2005 11:23 am

Sorry my english :oops:
I meant dont be too worried about the switching of the players. It is common in all ko games , and the more pro you become with the game the more this feature bothers you. It is vital for the defending player to pull the players to the attacking direction during the defending in order to:
Stop players chasing from behind , and mainly switch faster to a defending player in front of the attacker, the same goes if you want to cover your sides. In a few words you must not withdraw while attacking but move the players to the ball as soon as posible ( and i dont mean the players that have been already left in front but the diffenders that already covering your back line.How can i express it better? ah yes its like when the keeper makes an exit , many times it is better to run to the ball than withdraw or worst chase from behind.
If you understand pls tell me cause then i ll be able to talk you for some other features (for which i ve posted but i hope now they will make sence)
The Allan Holdsworth of ko
TheFoxSoft

Postby TheFoxSoft » Wed Feb 09, 2005 11:53 am

yes i agree, switching at the right moment it's indeed a skill that make the difference from a good or a poor defender. :D
However i think there are some flickering problems during player switching
jbounias
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!

re

Postby jbounias » Wed Feb 09, 2005 12:30 pm

I suppose now you can understand why i am crying out loud that a player with the ball should be slightly slower, its unreal to have a player with the ball running away from the chasing player and keep the distance. I thing also that the switching thing is something like: just calculate straight lines distance and then change the player,( that is where is the problem) maybe another aproach should be taken but then we should be talking about AI. That is exactly where the game lacks from realism ( not only ti but also ko and the other footies). In the tactics editor of player manager all this could be solved cause you could also design tactics not only for goalpost to goalpost play but for rightside to leftside play, and could achieve linecovering by the defenders.That means when a player runs to the ball and the others cover specific places anticipating the moves and filling his gap.In a few words , simple practical ''algorithms '' could make the game very very clever and totaly realistic, just give your emfasis in tactics editor and atributes. (ofcourse that means a huge effort which you are applying already)
TheFoxSoft

Re: re

Postby TheFoxSoft » Wed Feb 09, 2005 12:55 pm

jbounias wrote:I suppose now you can understand why i am crying out loud that a player with the ball should be slightly slower, its unreal to have a player with the ball running away from the chasing player and keep the distance. I thing also that the switching thing is something like: just calculate straight lines distance and then change the player,( that is where is the problem) maybe another aproach should be taken but then we should be talking about AI. That is exactly where the game lacks from realism ( not only ti but also ko and the other footies). In the tactics editor of player manager all this could be solved cause you could also design tactics not only for goalpost to goalpost play but for rightside to leftside play, and could achieve linecovering by the defenders.That means when a player runs to the ball and the others cover specific places anticipating the moves and filling his gap.In a few words , simple practical ''algorithms '' could make the game very very clever and totaly realistic, just give your emfasis in tactics editor and atributes. (ofcourse that means a huge effort which you are applying already)

but the player with the ball is slower. He has about 95% of the speed when he carries the ball. Maybe i should add a "dribbling speed" that says how much of speed % the player lost while dribbling.
For example Ronaldo will have a 95% while Vieri 70% ??

About the switching the factors are not only the distance, in fact i think it's more advanced in TI than KO2. However in a game so fast that is not driven by the CPU (like PES, FIFA) , it's really difficult to set the right switching. I would like to work more deeply on tactical part, i have some ideas.
jbounias
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!

re

Postby jbounias » Wed Feb 09, 2005 1:06 pm

keep it up buddy, and think of the options for tactics editor, its essential, maybe the best touch of player manager. it shouldnt have been missing from ko2002
Danne
5000+ Poster!
5000+ Poster!

Postby Danne » Wed Feb 09, 2005 1:27 pm

TheFoxSoft wrote:but the player with the ball is slower. He has about 95% of the speed when he carries the ball. Maybe i should add a "dribbling speed" that says how much of speed % the player lost while dribbling.
For example Ronaldo will have a 95% while Vieri 70% ??

Yep. I have noticed this as well.

It was a little bit frustrating in the beginning (cause this is not the case in KO 2002 or KO2) but when you get used to it I actually prefer the way it is in TI. I dont think it should be more noticable than in TI though cause then it becomes to easy for the defenders.

The bets part with it is that it makes it less profitable to just run over the pitch. The dribbles and passings become more important. So according to me that proposal of yours really add something to the gameplay, jbounias.
Menace
1000+ Poster!
1000+ Poster!

Postby Menace » Wed Feb 09, 2005 1:41 pm

jbounias wrote:.. its unreal to have a player with the ball running away from the chasing player and keep the distance.

Generally I agree, but there are exceptions.. Thierry Heny could easily outrun most defenders for example (if given the time and opportunity)..

The player switching is probably the most crititcal aspect, and most games get it wrong and it often ruins the whole experience no matter how good the rest of the package is..
Dennis Hansen - http://protomenace.wordpress.com
Creative Director - http://www.bigbitegames.com

'When the seagulls follow the trawler, it is because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea' Eric Cantona
Calimero
2000+ Poster!
2000+ Poster!

Postby Calimero » Wed Feb 09, 2005 10:15 pm

Replay viewer:
- sometimes after loading a replay, the speed is very slow
TheFoxSoft

Postby TheFoxSoft » Thu Feb 10, 2005 12:06 am

Calimero wrote:Replay viewer:
- sometimes after loading a replay, the speed is very slow

thanks
manicx
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby manicx » Thu Feb 10, 2005 7:54 am

-Bug 1 (happened to me a few times)

Corner?

-Keeper annoyance (this is when the keeper moves faster than the light of speed)

Argh!

Arghhhhhhhh!
Calimero
2000+ Poster!
2000+ Poster!

Postby Calimero » Thu Feb 10, 2005 9:19 pm

Calimero wrote:I really think it takes too long for the kick to be taken.
Sometimes I have the feeling he will not react at all.
I have pushed the button several times and I can still walk around with the keeper.

This is how I think it should be:
When you press the button, the keepers stops walking and after a short delay the kick animation begins. You can change direction until the moment the kick is actually taken.

And did I mention that it would be nice if you can give a little left/right aftertouch on the keeper kicks? :D

Tonight I realised that the keeper probably waits until all the players have left the penaltybox before taking the kick. Gianluca: Did you program this behaviour or was it just coincidende because of the long delay?
TheFoxSoft

Postby TheFoxSoft » Thu Feb 10, 2005 9:33 pm

it is a coincidence.
You are right about the keeper. He waits to much time!