Career mode

This forum is dedicated to the new football game Active Soccer (and Throw In) by TheFoxSoft.

Moderators: TheFoxSoft, Moderators

TheFoxSoft

Career mode

Postby TheFoxSoft » Thu Nov 04, 2004 12:27 pm

I think we should gather all the career mode ideas here.
Honestly i have many ideas about career mode (Filippo don't reveal them! :D ) and it should be a pity if i will not program this modality...
But the priority for now is to focus on the gameplay that is the main part of the game
Calimero
2000+ Poster!
2000+ Poster!

Postby Calimero » Fri Nov 05, 2004 12:41 pm

What should be in the <b>ultimate football game career mode</b>?

Here are my thoughts:
- choose your role (manager, youth player, player-manager, field trainer)
- control the players on the pitch (whole team or play-in-position)
- job offers (possibility to get sacked and sign to a new club)
- optional financial management (easy, no micro management)
- staff employees (physio, goalkeeper trainer, medical, groundpersonnel)
- stadium improvements (seats, stands, scoreboard, lighting, pitch)
- lively transfermarket (both players and clubs can decline or request)
- all cups and leagues in the world (club teams and international teams)
- players get better or worse depending on training, decisions you make and performance on the pitch
- receive money and/or points for attendance and selling players and spend it on stadium, new players, staff, training (camp)
- injuries (players get well sooner depending on quality of medical staff)
- supsensions (correct rules for the different leagues and cups)
- tactics designer (simple = global player positions, playing style and player assigments / advanced = position for every ballsituation, freekick setup)
- players perform worse when playing out of position
- newspaper aticles during the week with results, remarkable performances by players and/or clubs, transfer news
- topscorer lists (goals, assists, most valuable player, manager of the month)
- arrange friendly games (preseason, wintertime, summer tournaments)
- club, player and manager statistics (records, all-time awards, won cups, hall of fame)
- international squads (play in the World Cup if you're the teammanager or a player that is in the selected squad)
- lookup any matchresult in history (scorers, bookings)
- watch highlights (goals, bookings, balls on post and bar, near-misses, heavy fouls/tackles) from other matches in the same weekend by clicking on an entry in the match report

These are just some things that popped into my mind and aren't very detailed.
They are also listed in random order.

It would be very great if a game had a career mode where you can choose to play as a young player and work your way up to the top.
You always play in position (if you make it into the lineup or come on as a substitution) and must try to perform well to get the attention of a top club (maybe even foreign country).
When you play well enough for a longer period of time you can get selected for the national squad and partake in the qualification and final round of the European and World Cup!
Danne
5000+ Poster!
5000+ Poster!

Postby Danne » Fri Nov 05, 2004 12:56 pm

Do you really have time for this Gianluca?

I thought that Throw In would be without career mode.

If you will make a career mode then choose one country (englan/Italy?)and make it like in PM but with the possability to play as player as well. :)

Internationals leagues and matches would be great but I am aware of the time you can give this project.
Yo

Postby Yo » Fri Nov 05, 2004 4:23 pm

I think that for a start (beginning ?!), a 'simple' career mod' like in SWOS would be great yet.

I dream for a very long time of a 'KO clone' with a career mode....TI'PM. WOF too... :wink:
"Why do I work so hard ? It is the only way I know how to play." Man of the match : Dugarry
Danne
5000+ Poster!
5000+ Poster!

Postby Danne » Thu Mar 29, 2007 6:59 pm

Calimero wrote:What should be in the <b>ultimate football game career mode</b>?

Here are my thoughts:
- choose your role (manager, youth player, player-manager, field trainer)
- control the players on the pitch (whole team or play-in-position)
- job offers (possibility to get sacked and sign to a new club)
- optional financial management (easy, no micro management)
- staff employees (physio, goalkeeper trainer, medical, groundpersonnel)
- stadium improvements (seats, stands, scoreboard, lighting, pitch)
- lively transfermarket (both players and clubs can decline or request)
- all cups and leagues in the world (club teams and international teams)
- players get better or worse depending on training, decisions you make and performance on the pitch
- receive money and/or points for attendance and selling players and spend it on stadium, new players, staff, training (camp)
- injuries (players get well sooner depending on quality of medical staff)
- supsensions (correct rules for the different leagues and cups)
- tactics designer (simple = global player positions, playing style and player assigments / advanced = position for every ballsituation, freekick setup)
- players perform worse when playing out of position
- newspaper aticles during the week with results, remarkable performances by players and/or clubs, transfer news
- topscorer lists (goals, assists, most valuable player, manager of the month)
- arrange friendly games (preseason, wintertime, summer tournaments)
- club, player and manager statistics (records, all-time awards, won cups, hall of fame)
- international squads (play in the World Cup if you're the teammanager or a player that is in the selected squad)
- lookup any matchresult in history (scorers, bookings)
- watch highlights (goals, bookings, balls on post and bar, near-misses, heavy fouls/tackles) from other matches in the same weekend by clicking on an entry in the match report

These are just some things that popped into my mind and aren't very detailed.
They are also listed in random order.

It would be very great if a game had a career mode where you can choose to play as a young player and work your way up to the top.
You always play in position (if you make it into the lineup or come on as a substitution) and must try to perform well to get the attention of a top club (maybe even foreign country).
When you play well enough for a longer period of time you can get selected for the national squad and partake in the qualification and final round of the European and World Cup!

wow
snader
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!

Postby snader » Thu Mar 29, 2007 7:32 pm

Yo wrote:I think that for a start (beginning ?!), a 'simple' career mod' like in SWOS would be great yet.

I dream for a very long time of a 'KO clone' with a career mode....TI'PM. WOF too... :wink:
Yes, maybe an advanced career mode and a simple career mode like the one in SWOS. First make the simple one and then continue work on that to evolve into an advanced mode. but, gameplay first! :)
Calimero
2000+ Poster!
2000+ Poster!

Postby Calimero » Thu Mar 29, 2007 8:14 pm

@Danne: I am also impressed by my more than 2 years old post :D
Nice to read it again. Actually my ideas about an ideal career mode haven't really changed.

I know for TI it is best to take things one step at a time.
The Champions League mode is a first important start and so are the full team squads and player skill attributes.

The SWOS career mode is not as simple as most people think.
I've played it for a long time and although it doesn't have many features, the ones that are in have great depth. For example the transfer market, the league/cup structures and tactics designer.
Danne
5000+ Poster!
5000+ Poster!

Postby Danne » Fri Mar 30, 2007 7:43 am

Calimero wrote:@Danne: I am also impressed by my more than 2 years old post :D
Nice to read it again. Actually my ideas about an ideal career mode haven't really changed.

I know for TI it is best to take things one step at a time.
The Champions League mode is a first important start and so are the full team squads and player skill attributes.

The SWOS career mode is not as simple as most people think.
I've played it for a long time and although it doesn't have many features, the ones that are in have great depth. For example the transfer market, the league/cup structures and tactics designer.

I agree
Calimero
2000+ Poster!
2000+ Poster!

Postby Calimero » Fri Mar 30, 2007 7:50 am

Well, you know what they say Danne: "Great minds think alike" ;) :D