Progress report

This forum is dedicated to the new football game Active Soccer (and Throw In) by TheFoxSoft.

Moderators: TheFoxSoft, Moderators

TheFoxSoft
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 4210
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2001 12:00 am
Location: Rome, Italy

good news

Postby TheFoxSoft » Wed Dec 12, 2007 2:18 pm

i have good news about stability. The game never crashed in 1 month of continue playing.

We are working really hard on this version we want to improve the game the most as possible and make it much more fun than 0.8 especially against CPU.
I'm sure you will not be disappointed this time
vdsf1
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!
Posts: 40
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2007 9:52 pm

Re: good news

Postby vdsf1 » Wed Dec 12, 2007 4:40 pm

TheFoxSoft wrote:i have good news about stability. The game never crashed in 1 month of continue playing.


so you also want to say with that
that you was be able to fix that memory access violation error?
TheFoxSoft
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 4210
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2001 12:00 am
Location: Rome, Italy

Re: good news

Postby TheFoxSoft » Wed Dec 12, 2007 4:56 pm

vdsf1 wrote:
TheFoxSoft wrote:i have good news about stability. The game never crashed in 1 month of continue playing.


so you also want to say with that
that you was be able to fix that memory access violation error?


exactly
vdsf1
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!
Posts: 40
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2007 9:52 pm

Re: good news

Postby vdsf1 » Wed Dec 12, 2007 9:52 pm

TheFoxSoft wrote:
vdsf1 wrote:
TheFoxSoft wrote:i have good news about stability. The game never crashed in 1 month of continue playing.


so you also want to say with that
that you was be able to fix that memory access violation error?


exactly


:D great :D
User avatar
Danne
5000+ Poster!
5000+ Poster!
Posts: 5252
Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2001 12:00 am
Location: Sweden

Re: good news

Postby Danne » Fri Dec 14, 2007 10:25 am

I have tested Gianlucas easier ballcontrol and 2nd button and I personally think it is far more fun to play with keyboard now than it was before.

The 2nd button is implemented for:
- passing (really makes the passings alot easier with keyboard)
- long and short freekick possability (when there is no wall)
- keeper throw
- Long throw in
- Goalkick pass

Very nice features all of them. Gianluca will implement them for 1 button as well when he gets time. Whether it will be for 0.85 (which will be the name of the new beta) or 0.9 is still uncertain.
TheFoxSoft
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 4210
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2001 12:00 am
Location: Rome, Italy

Postby TheFoxSoft » Tue Jan 08, 2008 11:47 pm

working on 0.86 version

- Removed CPU shooting directly out toward the sideline
- CPU now can proper chose their formation tactic
- Removed debug keys (could cause problems)

now i'm trying to save formation after modifying it then i'll release the new version if there are no other easy request
TheFoxSoft
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 4210
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2001 12:00 am
Location: Rome, Italy

Postby TheFoxSoft » Wed Jan 09, 2008 10:26 am

save lineup formation done
JZ
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 359
Joined: Mon Apr 15, 2002 12:00 am
Contact:

Re: Progress report

Postby JZ » Mon Dec 01, 2008 9:47 pm

This project still going, Gianluca?
TheFoxSoft
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 4210
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2001 12:00 am
Location: Rome, Italy

Re: Progress report

Postby TheFoxSoft » Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:00 pm

JZ wrote:This project still going, Gianluca?


i think i should give you an update sooner or later :)
User avatar
EreWeGo
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!
Posts: 20
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 7:40 pm
Location: New Zealand

Re: Progress report

Postby EreWeGo » Thu Jan 08, 2009 7:45 am

Yes please Gianluca, and update would be great. Also, just thought I'd ask again - in the final version, will things like the sound/chants, AI/Physics settings be easily "moddable", or will they stay compiled with the main .exe etc?

Anyway, looking forward to a progress report.
:)
dingopupstar
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:39 am

Re: Progress report

Postby dingopupstar » Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:58 am

Hello.

I recently downloaded the game (Trow In 0.86) and I am very ethusiastic about it. I played SWOS alot back in the day and I think this game is a very good alternative. I think it is going to be the perfect remake, especially with the opportunity to choose the gamestyle: ace or easy. Very good feature. The graphics are perfect, and it all looks great. The option to choose your viewpoint is very usefull. It expands the game to wider crowd I think.

There are a couple of points that are not as good as they could be:
- Slow start of the game and slow menus (it takes a long loading time before you are in a match)
- Big size of total install (not a real problem)

And my main problem is with multiplayer. When I saw the screen with controller options I thought wow, is this game playable with 4 player simultaneusly!? With 4 gamepads or keyboard and gamepads? That would be perfect! I like multiplayer games a lot, especially 4 player simultaneusly. But is this possible to create that in Throw In? I always thought that was the only thing that was missing in sensible soccer and was available in the fifa soccer series. Or is it already possible and did i mis something?

I also saw that there hasn't been an update for a while now and that the forum activity is rather low. A new progress report maybe, to bring it once again to peoples attention? In my opinion this is and can be a great freeware soccer game, especially when 4player multiplay is possible!
User avatar
Danne
5000+ Poster!
5000+ Poster!
Posts: 5252
Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2001 12:00 am
Location: Sweden

Re: Progress report

Postby Danne » Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:52 pm

dingopupstar wrote:Hello.

I recently downloaded the game (Trow In 0.86) and I am very ethusiastic about it. I played SWOS alot back in the day and I think this game is a very good alternative. I think it is going to be the perfect remake, especially with the opportunity to choose the gamestyle: ace or easy. Very good feature. The graphics are perfect, and it all looks great. The option to choose your viewpoint is very usefull. It expands the game to wider crowd I think.

There are a couple of points that are not as good as they could be:
- Slow start of the game and slow menus (it takes a long loading time before you are in a match)
- Big size of total install (not a real problem)

Hi and welcome to the forum.

- The size is can be made reasonable with another way to apply shirtnumbers and names. The loadingtime is something that should be improved also.
ThrowAgain
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:19 am

Re: Progress report

Postby ThrowAgain » Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:39 am

Hi,

I have just discovered this S-U-P-E-R game. As good and even better than the old kick off of my youth. And it is playable with the keyboard ! great !!
I have a few bugs to report (I use 0.86 version) and a few questions:


bugs:
- sometimes the game increases its speed by itself. Suddenly players run faster.
- sometimes passing (2nd button) is not at it should be i.e. the ball keeps not going completely to the player. Whenever this problem appears I have got to restart the game

questions:
- What are the effects of changing the ball ?
- Is there going to be a new release ?
- What about a LAN version so that I can play with my son from by bedroom ?
- Finally, has the source code been released ?

Again, congratulations. There are not many free games as good as this one !

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests