Progress report

This forum is dedicated to the new football game Active Soccer (and Throw In) by TheFoxSoft.

Moderators: TheFoxSoft, Moderators

TheFoxSoft

Progress report

Postby TheFoxSoft » Mon May 10, 2004 10:28 am

In these days i did many improvments.

-PLAYERS COLLISIONS:Good job,they are similar to KO2 but more "solid".You can even defend the ball when it's about to go out.The forwarder could protect the ball if he is placed betwwen the ball and defender.They are totally different from KO2002, players cannot pushing or pulling the opponents.But sometimes they could fall down to the ground with a collision like in KO2.

-CORNER KICK:It's different from KO2, but i like this one.With the stick (up/down) you choose the direction and (right/left) the height.With the button you choose the strenght.While the player is about to kick you set the aftertouch.

-THROW-IN:Well i don't like it so i will reprogram it

-SLIDES:Excellent job here!They are really close to KO2 slides.If you like them you will love TI slides either.Slides have more control, if you press the button while you are hitting the ball you could shoot/pass with aftertouch.It's really useful to throw the ball out of bound.If you tap the button the slides will be close to KO2.

-FOULS:I did not yet programmed the direct free kick.But the fouls are like as KO2.There is an automatic passing to the closer player.

-PENALTY:Really close to KO2 penalty.Nothing less, nothing more.

-OFFSIDE:Great!This is the best offside implementation ever (at least in a 2D game)! It works perfectly and there are no more strikers placed to the line of goal.Players are smart and they will monitor the last defender.But sometimes (you will discover when?) they will run to receive a long pass.If you miss the timing they could be in offside.
But it's amazing that the offside does NOT change the KickOff gameplay.

-KEEPERS:I'm working hard on it, the final version will have better keepers.

-TIMER & INGAME TXT:similar to KO2

-SOUND FX:added more sound fx.

-CONCLUSIONS:I cannot hide anymore.My goal is to program THE game.With these updates now the game has more complete shape.The result is that me & my brother have a lot of fun!The slides,players collisions, and offside gave to TI something special.I'm looking forward to see in action how the offside could cope with the tactic editor.With my experiments the result is awesome.
To make this game more complete i need to add an easier control for the major part of the mass users.
There are still many bugs to fix, the net, the posts, the keeper...etc
But now i could tell you that the 2players mode with 2 joysticks is something special, i can only say that it's since KO2 that i don't feel this sensations...
Last edited by TheFoxSoft on Mon May 10, 2004 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Abyss

Postby Abyss » Mon May 10, 2004 11:01 am

:D

OK, Gianluca devotes all his time developing and playing Throw-In... the road to the next World Cup is open!

Seriously though, all that stuff sounds very impressive Gianluca... it's a phantastic mix of programming talent and knowledge of the KO mechanics. can't wait to see it in action.
Fedorov
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!

Postby Fedorov » Mon May 10, 2004 12:06 pm

Bring it on!!!
JZ

Postby JZ » Mon May 10, 2004 1:19 pm

Sounds 8)
rebufo
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!

Postby rebufo » Mon May 10, 2004 8:38 pm

Nice job :)

I hope you will add "redefine keys" option in the last stage of the development.

Good luck and come on!

Pablo
TheFoxSoft

Postby TheFoxSoft » Tue May 11, 2004 10:26 am

rebufo wrote:Nice job :)

I hope you will add "redefine keys" option in the last stage of the development.

Good luck and come on!

Pablo

thank you, i will do it later don't worry :D
I hope Dino will show again in his forum...
TheFoxSoft

Postby TheFoxSoft » Tue May 11, 2004 10:42 am

VIDEO CLIPS:

-SLIDE AND CORNER
link: http://xoomer.virgilio.it/fantaluca/sli ... corner.avi
description: the forwarder is running into the box but the defender perform a slide.You can see the slide in "action".The a corner kick is taken.

-PENALTY
link: http://xoomer.virgilio.it/fantaluca/penalty.avi
description: the forwarder is running into the box but the defender fouls him form behind.Then follows a penalty.You can notice the new players perspective here.

-OFFSIDE 2
link: http://xoomer.virgilio.it/fantaluca/offside2.avi
description: We are in the mid pitch and there is a long pass to Barber that is alone near the goal.This is a classic routine in KO2.The referree whistle the offside.

-OFFSIDE 1
link: http://xoomer.virgilio.it/fantaluca/offside.avi
description: There is a long pass to Barber that is in offside when the pass is performed.The long ball is short so Barber go back and control the ball.An offside is assigned because Barber was behind the last defender at the moment of the last touch.

-ONSIDE
link: http://xoomer.virgilio.it/fantaluca/onside.avi
description: We are in the middle of the pitch.There is a collision and the opponent fall down (you can see players collisions here).Barber understand that he is in offside and came back at the level of the last defender.Then a long pass is performed and he could make an header.
The keeper will save (you can see the new rebound here)

I would like to remark that it was really difficult to leave the Kick Off playing with the offside. We know that in Final Whistle the KO2 game mechanichs are totally different, no long ball could be perform and so on...But in Throw in with or without the offside the mechanichs are the same.You can check yourself watching the clips.

IMPORTANT: It seems you have to copy and paste the link to watch the videos.But maybe it's better if you click the "Save object file as" option
cOx
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!

Postby cOx » Wed May 12, 2004 8:23 am

Great work!
Looking forward to a brand new beta :)
2nd fan of PM-tacics and definatly against wind
TheFoxSoft

Postby TheFoxSoft » Tue May 25, 2004 9:28 am

After a friendly with my bro i understand that Throw In is too much different respect Kick Off 2....damn i was forgetting how great is KO2!
Now i'm working to try o have the game close to KO2.
-I reprogrammed the dirbbling, now you have 3 touches and trapping like KO2 (not 4 like in TI).
-Trapping and shooting area now are similar to KO2. No more shooting that would be trapping.
-and...the keeper!Now it is working similar to KO2 gk.After months to think about it i understand how to program the GK.Now he goes out the goal, there is no more diagonal safe goals,it's easier to score.
-The lob has more height

now i have to work about players collisions,i want them more close to KO2.
TheFoxSoft

Postby TheFoxSoft » Mon Jul 05, 2004 10:21 am

Happy 20000 lines code!!!!!

i programmed some different players skills:
-Speed
-Shot Acuracy
-Shot Power (not present in KO2)

-i reprogrammed (again!!! :evil: ) the ball control.Now it's really close to KO2 one.Trap&shooting area it's reprogrammed again.
-i update the offside
-i tweaked headers
-i programmed the chip shot (with aftertouch)
-i deleted the Penalty Box Dribbling (Sorry!)
-i did 4-2-4 tactic
-with a proper joystick the game is going to rock

I will release a beta version soon.Of course there are many problems that i will correct later.
randall
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!

Postby randall » Mon Jul 05, 2004 4:10 pm

sounds great :D !!!

I cannot wait more !!!!
official potatoes shots supplier
TheFoxSoft

Postby TheFoxSoft » Mon Jul 05, 2004 5:01 pm

randall wrote:sounds great :D !!!

I cannot wait more !!!!

Have you got a proper joystick?