Throw-in : Beta Testing Starts!!!

This forum is dedicated to the new football game Active Soccer (and Throw In) by TheFoxSoft.

Moderators: TheFoxSoft, Moderators

Durbz
3000+ poster!
3000+ poster!

Postby Durbz » Thu Feb 12, 2004 8:30 am

I'm beyond help mate :-)
*No! Not that guy, I’m the other guy!*

"If only you could see what I've seen with your eyes"
TheFoxSoft

Postby TheFoxSoft » Thu Feb 12, 2004 9:36 am

Durbz wrote:Just to let you know I still havent scored yet and I'm playing on my own. :-)

push the button! :lol:
Just kidding, seriously i think if you play with keyboard it's difficult have a good ball control (this is due also to my bad balll control routine).
You take too much time to change direction with the fingers...I suggest to press F2 and you will able to score soon :wink:
alkis21

Postby alkis21 » Thu Feb 12, 2004 11:10 pm

I've found several ways of scoring! First of all, the keeper will concede every lob because as Gianluca said he hasn't programmed him to save them yet. Nikos goals have never been that easy! :) Simplest way: try to figure out how far the keeper leaves his goal and pass the ball to a player at that exact spot, then move your player to your left or right and he will dive, leaving you with an empty goal.
My favorite kinds of goals so far are crosses & headers. Has anyone noticed that:

-The more you keep the button pressed, the stronger the header, just like the shots.
-It's not easy, but you can actually use aftertouch in headers!!! Amazing feature, I don't think I've seen it in ANY game in the past!
Remember, remember, the 4th and the 3rd of November
TheFoxSoft

Postby TheFoxSoft » Fri Feb 13, 2004 3:26 pm

Excellent work mate!
I intentionally programmed various way to score.
Did you notice that sometimes is possible to score "under" the keeper's body?This happens more frequently when you perform an header hitting the ground.
Howvever do you think the keeper it's too weak?(exclude long shots)

Some questions
1)Does anyone have joystick calibration problems?
2)Does anyone has a PC too slow to run the game?
TheFoxSoft

Postby TheFoxSoft » Fri Feb 13, 2004 8:14 pm

pedro in the next beta i will program another keyboard configuration.
Which keys do you want to use?
alkis21

Postby alkis21 » Fri Feb 13, 2004 10:01 pm

To answer your question Gianluca, I think the keeper is very good in saving goals from inside the box shots. He was two obvious weaknesses:

-If you are at the penalty spot and shoot with full power & aftertouch to the corner, it's always a goal. (like in Goal!)
-If you shoot near the low post with aftertouch from this spot (left or right):

it's also always a goal.

I would like it if he saved *some* of the above shots, but not all of them as then he would become too hard. I don't want you to make the same mistake we did in Kick Off 2002, when we notified Steve of EVERY standard goal and in the last version the keeper became unbelievably difficult and boring. In KO02, I prefer the keeper in v1.2 than in v1.32.
I would also like it if once in a while he would concede a non-aftertouch shot.
As for lobs.. Don't make him as easy to concede them as in Kick Off 2, but you should be able to score at least some long shots from, say, 10 meters outside the box.
One thing I ask every man who makes a football game but nobody has ever done (perhaps it's too hard, I don't know): In football computer games, the same shot from the same position with the same player against the same goalkeeper has the same result. I would love it if a random factor was there; keepers that save impossible shots or concede very easy shots very rarely. I hope what I'm trying to say is clear.

I wrote down some corrections to your English in the introduction screens (if I'm wrong, I'm sure an English bloke can help). Corrections in bold letters:

PAGE 1

Line 1: This game is heavly heavily based on the classic...

Line 3: The main goal of Throw-In is to create a game that would be will be a KO2 tribute.

Line 10: you never stop to improve improving your skills...

Line 12: the game is one of the fastest game the game is one of the fastest or it's one of the fastest games

Line 17: there is everything you need about KO2 everything you need about KO2 is there.

PAGE 2

Line 3: it was an honour met him meeting him was an honour
some features Now they are commonly used in every soccer game some features that are now commonly used in every soccer game

Line 4: skills, And many other innovations and many other innovations

Line 8: Enter in his community Enter his community

Line 10: let's cross the fingers! fingers crossed!

Line 11: KO2 Graphic Artist KO2 Graphics Artist

Line 12: One of the kindest and funny guy i ever metOne of the kindest and funniest guys I have ever met

Line 13: He should be consider the Kick Off Association (KOA) founder He should be considered as the Kick Off Association(KOA)'s founder
TheFoxSoft

Postby TheFoxSoft » Fri Feb 13, 2004 10:49 pm

alkis21 wrote:-If you are at the penalty spot and shoot with full power & aftertouch to the corner, it's always a goal. (like in Goal!)

....they are my favoute KO2 goals!I intentionally programmed the keeper to conceed them....of course my intention it's to conceed only some of them.This is because there is not a Random factor in the shoots and in the keeper reaction/behaviour.I could easily predict that in the future versions (when i program both factors) the problem will be solved.If it's not enough i will "force" the keeper to save at least some of that kind of shoots.Don't worry...

I don't want you to make the same mistake we did in Kick Off 2002, when we notified Steve of EVERY standard goal and in the last version the keeper became unbelievably difficult and boring. In KO02, I prefer the keeper in v1.2 than in v1.32.

yes, yes, i agree.

I would also like it if once in a while he would concede a non-aftertouch shot.

Actually you can score many non-aftertouch goals...at least i can do it.
I will post some pictures.

As for lobs.. Don't make him as easy to concede them as in Kick Off 2, but you should be able to score at least some long shots from, say, 10 meters outside the box.

trust me:programming long shots are more difficult than close shots.This time i cannot assure to be able to do it.With the algorithm i have in my mind,if the keeper conceed one long shots then he will conceed every long shots from the same position.This is why i didn't programmed long shots, i have to think how to solve the problem.
One solution could be the follow.calculating the keeper ball visibility.if there are many difenders in front of the goal his reaction time could start when he "see" the shot.only an idea.

One thing I ask every man who makes a football game but nobody has ever done (perhaps it's too hard, I don't know): In football computer games, the same shot from the same position with the same player against the same goalkeeper has the same result. I would love it if a random factor was there; keepers that save impossible shots or concede very easy shots very rarely. I hope what I'm trying to say is clear.

it's the long shots problem.about shots from the box random factors (shots&keeper) could solve partailly the problem.

I wrote down some corrections to your English in the introduction screens (if I'm wrong, I'm sure an English bloke can help). Corrections in bold letters:

excellent work! thanks
alkis21

Postby alkis21 » Fri Feb 13, 2004 11:09 pm

trust me:programming long shots are more difficult than close shots.This time i cannot assure to be able to do it.With the algorithm i have in my mind,if the keeper conceed one long shots then he will conceed every long shots from the same position.This is why i didn't programmed long shots, i have to think how to solve the problem.
One solution could be the follow.calculating the keeper ball visibility.if there are many difenders in front of the goal his reaction time could start when he "see" the shot.only an idea.

I have faith in you, you can make it happen. :D I like your idea in theory.
TheFoxSoft

Postby TheFoxSoft » Fri Feb 13, 2004 11:18 pm

i found a keeper bug not present in my previous versions.now i understand why you mean it's easy to score.

The title is only temporary.....we are lucky! :lol:
alkis21

Postby alkis21 » Fri Feb 13, 2004 11:28 pm

TheFoxSoft wrote:
The title is only temporary

Yay! :D
JZ

Postby JZ » Sat Feb 14, 2004 12:49 am

Are you only releasing the game through e-mails foxsoft? My crappy hotmail account won't take 1.2 meg attachments :(
alkis21

Postby alkis21 » Sat Feb 14, 2004 1:24 am

I'd be glad to host the beta(s) on my server if Gianluca doesn't have one.
Binary
5000+ Poster!
5000+ Poster!

Postby Binary » Mon Feb 16, 2004 9:47 am

TheFoxSoft wrote:pedro in the next beta i will program another keyboard configuration.
Which keys do you want to use?

W - up
S - down
I - left
O - right
SPACE - shoot

or:

Q - up
A - down
O - left
P - right
SPACE - shoot

Thanks Gianluca! :D :D :D :D
World Cup 2015 Bronze Cup/Steve Screech Cup Winner

aka "The Kick Off 2 Hustler" and officially the best Portuguese Kick Off player living in Ireland.