Throw-in : Beta Testing Starts!!!

This forum is dedicated to the new football game Active Soccer (and Throw In) by TheFoxSoft.

Moderators: TheFoxSoft, Moderators

Calimero
2000+ Poster!
2000+ Poster!

Postby Calimero » Wed Feb 11, 2004 7:30 am

TheFoxSoft wrote:about the weak shots....do you realize that the more time you press the button the more powerful the sht willbe?

Keeping the button pressed for a more powerful shot?
That's not like KO2! You will have a lot of explaining to do to Nikos ;) :lol:
TheFoxSoft

Postby TheFoxSoft » Wed Feb 11, 2004 10:12 am

the button pressing last only 0,2 sec and in that time you set your shoot power.
But it works in this way:
-If you push down the button (until the "time" expires) you will shoot
-if you tap the button you will do a short pass (useful to do chip)
-if you push in the middle you can set your preferred power and make "manual through passing".
According to me you can do more "things" than a simple shoot or automatic pass.
If you play just a little bit more ,maybe you will like it
TheFoxSoft

Postby TheFoxSoft » Wed Feb 11, 2004 10:24 am

In game keys
------------
F1 - game speed at 25%
F2 - game speed at 50%
F3 - game speed at 75%
F4 - game speed at 100%
F5 - Penalty Box Dribbling Off
F6 - Penalty Box Dribbling On
LEFT CTRL - the ball jumps
RETURN - take a screenshot

Game Controls
-------------

SHOOT->Press the button with the ball near the player
(The more time the button is pressed the more strenght the shoot will be)

AFTERTOUCH->Move the stick after a shoot

SETTING SHOOT HEIGHT->Move the stick backward

TRAP THE BALL->Button down without releasing it

PASS->Release the button after a trapping

HEADERS->Press the button when the ball is in the air

HEADERS HITTING THE GROUND->Press twice the button in the air
(Actually it works only with player one)

i cannot believe you didn't realize it! :lol:
Tell me if you like it.
Is there someone Oracle who could tell me how i could improve PBD?
however in the next beta we will work on camera height and (if the problem is still present) with shot power
Binary
5000+ Poster!
5000+ Poster!

Postby Binary » Wed Feb 11, 2004 10:45 am

To be honest I didn't notice any difference between PBD and no-PBD.

Basically (I think) the player must become "ethereal" after the first joystick movement. It's hard to explain :)
World Cup 2015 Bronze Cup/Steve Screech Cup Winner

aka "The Kick Off 2 Hustler" and officially the best Portuguese Kick Off player living in Ireland.
manicx
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby manicx » Wed Feb 11, 2004 10:55 am

Binary wrote:To be honest I didn't notice any difference between PBD and no-PBD.

:lol:
Binary
5000+ Poster!
5000+ Poster!

Postby Binary » Wed Feb 11, 2004 11:09 am

:oops:

I only played the demo 2 or 3 times, but honestly didn't spot any difference. Perhaps it can't be activated when the ball is already in the box?
World Cup 2015 Bronze Cup/Steve Screech Cup Winner

aka "The Kick Off 2 Hustler" and officially the best Portuguese Kick Off player living in Ireland.
manicx
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby manicx » Wed Feb 11, 2004 11:18 am

Well, you activate it, go into the box and there it is. It is actually more obvious than it is in KO2. Are you sure you pressed the right button?
alkis21

Postby alkis21 » Wed Feb 11, 2004 10:41 pm

The beta is lovely, Gianluca. Smooth scrolling and good joystick reaction. It's a promising start.
Beta-testing is my thing. :) I have associated it with the KOA more than tournaments and world cups.
I noticed that you have written most of the 'problems' in your text file so I won't repeat them. Here are the rest of the things I noted down:

-I would like the lobs (button + pull joystick back) to give more height to the ball, and I would like it if hopefully I'd get the same level of control on the height & direction Kick Off gives. Meaning: being able to lower the ball, give aftertouch etc.

-You should consider giving the goalkeeper more moves, like in Kick Off 2002. If you don't know them, here's what the computer can do when he has the ball in his hands:
* Tap the fire button once, no joystick: The keeper lets the ball fall on the ground and he can control it and kick it like a regular player.
* Tap the fire button once, joystick left/right: The keeper hands the ball to the nearest teammate.
* Hold the fire button and move the joystick left/right: The keeper kicks the ball (the more you hold fire, the longer the kick) to the field.
* Move the joystick back and hit the fire button once: The keeper does a very quick kick to the field, to surprise the oppenent.

-More powerful shot when you keep the button pressed *was* used in one of the Kick Offs, folks; it was a feature in Kick Off - Extra Time. I never cared much for it though, and to be honest I would prefer it if it were just like the other Kick Offs: One power for every shot.

-I like the camera distance & angle as it is. If people want a zoom in/out function, I propose this: Don't do it like in KO2002 where you can zoom in/out with the +/- buttons, resulting to 50 different possible zooms. In Kick Off 2002, when two players play against each other it is difficult for them to decide on the zoom. It would be best if you had a predefined set of, say, 5 different camera distances to choose from.

That's it for now, thanks for letting us test your game and keep up the good work.[/list]
Remember, remember, the 4th and the 3rd of November
TheFoxSoft

Postby TheFoxSoft » Wed Feb 11, 2004 11:48 pm

alkis21 wrote:-I would like the lobs (button + pull joystick back) to give more height to the ball, and I would like it if hopefully I'd get the same level of control on the height & direction Kick Off gives. Meaning: being able to lower the ball, give aftertouch etc.

I agree, i should give more height to the ball.
About the aftertouch and height level control, are you not satisfied?Do you think the lob control is poor?
I would like to understand better...it's interesting

-You should consider giving the goalkeeper more moves, like in Kick Off 2002. If you don't know them, here's what the computer can do when he has the ball in his hands:
* Tap the fire button once, no joystick: The keeper lets the ball fall on the ground and he can control it and kick it like a regular player.
* Tap the fire button once, joystick left/right: The keeper hands the ball to the nearest teammate.
* Hold the fire button and move the joystick left/right: The keeper kicks the ball (the more you hold fire, the longer the kick) to the field.
* Move the joystick back and hit the fire button once: The keeper does a very quick kick to the field, to surprise the oppenent.

Yes, this was not programmed yet.But this is exactly what i would like to do.Thanks to be clear.

-More powerful shot when you keep the button pressed *was* used in one of the Kick Offs, folks; it was a feature in Kick Off - Extra Time. I never cared much for it though, and to be honest I would prefer it if it were just like the other Kick Offs: One power for every shot.

If you play Throw-in for more time, you will discover that it's possible to perform through passes that are not possible to perform with the shoot power fixed at the maximum.For example try to shoot without direction with mid power.In KO2 it's not possible to perform a manual pass when 2 players are close, now it's possible.
If you tap the button and you pull the stick you can emulate it...

I think the shooting system could be selectable between Fixed and "Settable"
However i think it's not so annoying pressing for 0,2 sec the button to have a max power.It's a short time.

I would like to enlight the fact that the ball doesn't have strange acceleration/deceleration like Total Soccer.So in this way i did a good work.

-I like the camera distance & angle as it is. If people want a zoom in/out function, I propose this: Don't do it like in KO2002 where you can zoom in/out with the +/- buttons, resulting to 50 different possible zooms. In Kick Off 2002, when two players play against each other it is difficult for them to decide on the zoom. It would be best if you had a predefined set of, say, 5 different camera distances to choose from.

Perfect, is exactly what i think!

That's it for now, thanks for letting us test your game and keep up the good work.

THANKS TO YOU!
It's hard to explain but working on a project it's not so easy.You must sleep few hours because in the day you have the real life!Then you have to buy some commercial programs.
And this is only for a goal: my real KO2 passion!
TheFoxSoft

Postby TheFoxSoft » Wed Feb 11, 2004 11:54 pm

Some updates not yet in the beta:
1)When you perform a pass then the switching will set SUDDENDLY to the player who receives the ball.This give you free movement...you can do what you want.You can go toward the ball and try to catch the ball before the opponent do it, or you can do a feint and let the ball will go through you.
I llike it and i'm looking forward to know your opinion soon.
In KO2 (and my first beta) the switch goes to the nearest player, this is why an automatic passing is so interceptable...
2)I will increase passing speed
3)I will work on ball control, i don't like it!
alkis21

Postby alkis21 » Thu Feb 12, 2004 12:42 am

TheFoxSoft wrote:About the aftertouch and height level control, are you not satisfied? Do you think the lob control is poor?

On the contrary, I think it's very good. I was talking about the future, will it be as good if you give more height to the lob?

I think the shooting system could be selectable between Fixed and "Settable"

Good idea, the more options the better!

It's hard to explain but working on a project it's not so easy.You must sleep few hours because in the day you have the real life!

I know! I've been working on my adventure game for 2 years. I'm very close to completion though! My advantage is that I don't have a real life. :lol:
Remember, remember, the 4th and the 3rd of November
Durbz
3000+ poster!
3000+ poster!

Postby Durbz » Thu Feb 12, 2004 4:16 am

Just to let you know I still havent scored yet and I'm playing on my own. :-)
*No! Not that guy, I’m the other guy!*

"If only you could see what I've seen with your eyes"
Calimero
2000+ Poster!
2000+ Poster!

Postby Calimero » Thu Feb 12, 2004 7:51 am

Durbz wrote:Just to let you know I still havent scored yet and I'm playing on my own. :-)

I think that if you ask nicely, Alkis will give you a goal scoring tutorial :)