Active Soccer!

This forum is dedicated to the new football game Active Soccer (and Throw In) by TheFoxSoft.

Moderators: TheFoxSoft, Moderators, TheFoxSoft, Moderators

Calimero
2000+ Poster!
2000+ Poster!

Re: Active Soccer!

Postby Calimero » Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:00 pm

I've submitted my review to the AppStore now.
I gave it 5 stars and explained why.

Active Soccer is really fabulous, I have now learned how to play it.
At first I thought it was too hard for me to play with the virtual iPad touchscreen joystick.
My thumb was hurting after several games, but now I know I need to gently move it around.
And I have figured out how to oppose the AI of the CPU.

On Friday and Saturday I was struggling to beat any team and my best score was a 3-1 in a 5 minute game.
But now I have beat Turkey with 4-0 and 4-1 in a row in a 7-minute game.
I have made a video of a real cracker of a goal with my phone, but unfortunately the quality is really low.
We really need an option to save those replays, Gianluca ;-)
TheFoxSoft

Postby TheFoxSoft » Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:19 am

Calimero wrote:I've submitted my review to the AppStore now.
I gave it 5 stars and explained why.

Active Soccer is really fabulous, I have now learned how to play it.
At first I thought it was too hard for me to play with the virtual iPad touchscreen joystick.
My thumb was hurting after several games, but now I know I need to gently move it around.
And I have figured out how to oppose the AI of the CPU.

On Friday and Saturday I was struggling to beat any team and my best score was a 3-1 in a 5 minute game.
But now I have beat Turkey with 4-0 and 4-1 in a row in a 7-minute game.
I have made a video of a real cracker of a goal with my phone, but unfortunately the quality is really low.
We really need an option to save those replays, Gianluca ;-)

Thank you Pascal,
it's really difficult to rate a game when you are the developer. I must admit i love the game so much, i still enjoy the game even if i have spent months on it. I still manage to score different kind of goals.
Having a confirmation from you that Active Soccer is an enjoable game makes me really happy.

I'm just afraid to get too many 1 star rate because the game is not working on iPad 1. I have submitted an update to Apple Store but they will review the update only after Christmas holidays, and this means more 1 star rates are coming :(
Calimero
2000+ Poster!
2000+ Poster!

Postby Calimero » Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:56 am

Yes, I noticed a 1-star rating when I entered my review :(
I'm afraid we should have banned Mr. Kunnu Singh from the AppStore... ;)

The more I play the game the better it gets for me. I have scored several headers and even a nice volley too!
The ballflow is great, the players move well, you see shots going over the bar, wide, against the woodwork.
I really feel in control of the action and no situation is the same.
When I play games like PES or FIFA, I always get bored sooner or later because the gameplay is repetitive. Just press a button and hope it's going in, no real aiming is needed, just being in the right place and a bit of timing. The movement of players in those games is also not fluid, you cannot correct your move because you have to wait until the animation is finished.

To summarize this: you did very well with Active Soccer, Gianluca. You have your biggest fan back! :D
TheFoxSoft

Postby TheFoxSoft » Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:28 pm

thank you Pascal, i put so much passion in....your words are really rewarding.
By the way the update will avoid 1 star rating, but meanwhile i'm afraid people will be scared about the game not working.
May i ask you according to you how is Active Soccer compared to Throw In?
Calimero
2000+ Poster!
2000+ Poster!

Postby Calimero » Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:09 pm

Active Soccer has better graphics than Throw In and the gameplay is smoother.
There are no weird things, the game is balanced and you improve your skills when you put some time into it.

I'm thinking about buying a joystick for the iPad, because the game is really worth it.
I'll probably go for the Logitech, because I have read some good reviews about it:
http://www.logitech.com/en-gb/product/joystick-ipad
TheFoxSoft

Postby TheFoxSoft » Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:45 am

I have tried this joystick, it's really good
durban
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby durban » Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:04 am

version 1.1 available this morning on the app store with fix for Ipad 1 :)

Nice work :)
No longer the only UK based Liverpool, Nottingham Forest and Crewe supporter in the whole of the KOA!!!
TheFoxSoft

Postby TheFoxSoft » Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:46 pm

it fix also a bug with online matches. Now playing online should be easier
durban
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby durban » Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:48 am

Come on people, someone else must have downloaded this game on Iphone?!

I want a game online, come on !!!!

Lets arrange to meet up and have a mini tournie on this or something....
No longer the only UK based Liverpool, Nottingham Forest and Crewe supporter in the whole of the KOA!!!
Calimero
2000+ Poster!
2000+ Poster!

Postby Calimero » Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:27 pm

I've seen you a few times online, Mark.
But your status was 'Unavailable'.

Mostly the online mode is empty.
Maybe we can arrange a friendly for tonight?
Let's say 21:00 UK time?
TheFoxSoft

Postby TheFoxSoft » Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:44 pm

a user is unavailable when he is no more in the online page.
Tonight i cannot make it, let's do tomorrow?
durban
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby durban » Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:31 pm

I try and stay online most evenings for about 30 mins, but apart from seeing Foxy a few times before Xmas I haven't seen a soul :(

Looks like I am ranked 32 in online, Im hoping that means there are 64 people registered for online (hopefully more) but can't quite be sure...
THFC
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!

Postby THFC » Sat Mar 23, 2013 6:48 pm

Hello, I am newbie here.

Active Soccer is actually GREAT game. I play it for 2 weeks now, and will play in the future.
However there were many errors made - that won't let this game become a LEGEND - and not to many people will remember about it after few months...I will tell you why...

1) No online game engine! In a contemporary online gaming world, how it is possible that such a poor online mode was implemented? And why it's taking that long to fix it??! Save your game Gianluca and make QUICK multiplayer online mode update. QUICKLY!!!!
Its frustrating to come everyday to look for someone to play with...and noone is there...how could you not made it properly????

2) No extra time, no penalties after the quick game. Its depressing. You can't be a winner or looser...you must repeat the whole thing for next 10 minutes becasue this quick and easy mode was not implemented...WHY???

3) No proper advertisment. Sorry Foxy, but nowadays you must keep the game in top 50 for a year to make a community around it. You must advertise it, you must have reviews...I made one...and it was the only one??? Why no reviews? Why no advertisments...Why no brend and company names around the pitch? Pffffffff....

4) Dead community. Active soccer forum have few registered members...and 3 or 4 actually!!! (including me) who wrote anything. The author should have put time to develop community. No work on this field...DEPRESSING!

5) Many small bugs...no weather, no saving replays, no different pitches, no injuries, no default tatctics to choose, no career mode (!!!). Come on Gianluca...Those were the things that were in Kick Off or Goal! 10 years ago! You can't develope the game and don't care, unless you don't care if you succeed...and unless you don't care about your customers.
You can't say that you wanted put attention in some things and some not!
You can't build a house and don't care about the roof...This is so annoying...and unprofessional...:(
This game is looking like a demo, not a finished product. WAKE UP and make update, give all your customes news about it...and start everything again...

OVERAL: Gameplay is GREAT, Graphics is Above good, Sound is GREAT, and this is really FANTASTIC game but it looks like it was published to early, without tests, without marketing, wthout any advertisment, without care....very, very unproffesionally!

It looks, like this was published only for old, diehard fans of Kick OFF...and that is not the way it should be.
This will make this game DEAD...in 1-2 months. It looks like it already is.
Very very depressing. Such a good game with such a big potential...and with such a great and catchy music intro which is perfect for advertising...

WAKE UP!