TI Player Manager: Wish List

This forum is dedicated to the new football game Active Soccer (and Throw In) by TheFoxSoft.

Moderators: TheFoxSoft, Moderators

TheFoxSoft

TI Player Manager: Wish List

Postby TheFoxSoft » Mon Apr 21, 2008 12:57 pm

Write here which features you would love for a Player Manager remake
JZ

Re: TI Player Manager: Wish List

Postby JZ » Wed Apr 23, 2008 3:38 pm

Can't really think of much more to add to your list posted here:http://ko-gathering.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=14669

Although it would be nice if leagues were fully customisable- I don't know if you ever played Andreas Osswald's Championship Soccer, but that had a txt file system that was relatively easy to use to set up leagues & schedules.

And of course, multiplayer option!
JZ

Postby JZ » Wed Apr 23, 2008 3:40 pm

Surprised there's not more interest in this to be honest- where's Stainy for example- give up on the old PM being re-made this decade FFS mate, & take a look at TI, Gianluca's doing a great job!
TheFoxSoft

Postby TheFoxSoft » Sat Apr 26, 2008 11:42 am

JZ wrote:Can't really think of much more to add to your list posted here:http://ko-gathering.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=14669

Although it would be nice if leagues were fully customisable- I don't know if you ever played Andreas Osswald's Championship Soccer, but that had a txt file system that was relatively easy to use to set up leagues & schedules.

And of course, multiplayer option!

I never played Andreas Osswald game but we'll check about customized leagues.
Yes, we also rely on multyplayer career.

Surprised there's not more interest in this to be honest- where's Stainy for example- give up on the old PM being re-made this decade FFS mate, & take a look at TI, Gianluca's doing a great job!

Unfortunately i also was surprised. Kick Off is played only by few people (0.1% of videogamers) the remaining part of the people (99.9%) are not able to play KO2.
I mean if i don't get interest on the official KO2 forum what's the point in having a PM remake? Maybe it's better produce a different kind of game, easier and playable by the major part of videogamers.
alkis21

Postby alkis21 » Sat Apr 26, 2008 2:27 pm

I just spent a pleasant afternoon playing Throw In v0.86, so I thought I'd write my wish list. I know that you can't do everything, but even if a few of my wishes were satisfied I'd be very happy.

I'm not going to write things that I'm sure you already have in mind, I'm pretty sure you're thinking of a Player Manager / Sensible World of Soccer kind of mix.

Here is alkis21's list of 21 wishes:

1) I'd like to see as many teams as possible, from all five continents and all the competitions, club and national! I'll gather all the information myself if I have to. If that's not possible, at least I'd like to have every European competition, club and national, plus the world cup.

2) I want to be able to play as the whole team whether my PM is on the field or not.

3) I don't want to have to end my career if my player/manager gets too old. I want to be able to assign a new man for the position.

4) Players transfers should be allowed all year long. You should be able to request any player from any team, whether they're in their transfer list or not. Transfers are FUN; don't limit them to summer & December!

5) I want variety in transfers; for instance you should be able to buy a player for less if his team is having financial problems. Or, one of your players can demand to be transferred to Real even if the offer is not good enough, or refuse to be transferred to Olympiakos no matter how good the offer is.

6) No restrictions regarding buying foreign players please!

7) Players should be able to evolve depending on how they do, just because a player is cheap/expensive in the beginning of his carreer he doesn't have to remain cheap/expensive for ever.

8) I don't want the coach part to be too complicated. We shouldn't need to go through 50 buttons to train the goalkeeper of the youth team.

9) I don't want the financial part to be too complicated. It should be simple: if your team is winning, profits should increase. Please don't make us bargain for TV rights and pop corn price.

10) I want to be able to retrain players for different positions.

11) I want to be able to look at the rosters of other teams and see which players are good, meaning look at their stats. Not wait for stupid scouters or something; all that happens when a game does that is that you constantly save & reload until you find the right player.

12) A good tactics editor would be awesome. This should include assigning specific players for set pieces and penalty kicks.

13) I want a correct UEFA ranking. For instance, you can't control a team from Luxembourg, win the championship and go directly to the Champions League group stage. The game should begin with the last UEFA Ranking and allocate points to teams/countries from there.

14) I liked the way Player Manager handled the teams: a database of players, and every time you start a new game they get randomly assigned to teams.

15) I want to be able to see what happens in other leagues. The standings, the results, the top scorers etc.

16) I want to be able to book friendly matches.

17) A player should inform you if he wishes to hang his boots at the end of the season, and you should be able to try to change his mind if you want to. It would be also nice if you could hold a friendly match in his honor!

18) I'd love to have a detailed match report after the end of each match, one that looks like a newspaper.

19) The game should have some very rare occasions that will happen for few players if the play the game for many years (actual years, not game years), such as "Your right wing Spyros Paraschis has decided to quit football and have a sex change operation".

20) Let us have variety in injuries, not just "injured player" but broken legs, fractures, the flu etc. And semi-injured players that we can use knowing if the match is too important.

21) I want to be rewarded with a cool video if I win a competition.
Remember, remember, the 4th and the 3rd of November
Stainy
4000+ Poster!
4000+ Poster!

Postby Stainy » Sat Apr 26, 2008 2:54 pm

JZ wrote:Surprised there's not more interest in this to be honest- where's Stainy for example- give up on the old PM being re-made this decade FFS mate, & take a look at TI, Gianluca's doing a great job!

Yeah you`d think wouldn`t you ? but I just don`t like Throw in...

Surely it`ll have the same game engine... so with that in mind.. I`ll be having nothing to report I`m afraid!
TheFoxSoft

Postby TheFoxSoft » Fri May 09, 2008 3:41 pm

first thanks for your interesting feedback.

alkis21 wrote:I just spent a pleasant afternoon playing Throw In v0.86, so I thought I'd write my wish list. I know that you can't do everything, but even if a few of my wishes were satisfied I'd be very happy.

I'm really glad you spent an afternoon with TI but hey, do you have a job? :)

I'm not going to write things that I'm sure you already have in mind, I'm pretty sure you're thinking of a Player Manager / Sensible World of Soccer kind of mix.

Here is alkis21's list of 21 wishes:

1) I'd like to see as many teams as possible, from all five continents and all the competitions, club and national! I'll gather all the information myself if I have to. If that's not possible, at least I'd like to have every European competition, club and national, plus the world cup.

Yes it is doable, we have also a guy interesting in doing teams. We are also planning on doing MANY competitions.

2) I want to be able to play as the whole team whether my PM is on the field or not.

good point

3) I don't want to have to end my career if my player/manager gets too old. I want to be able to assign a new man for the position.

good point

4) Players transfers should be allowed all year long. You should be able to request any player from any team, whether they're in their transfer list or not. Transfers are FUN; don't limit them to summer & December!

Having a summer and winter transfer period makes the game harder, i would like to mantain 2 main markets. Maybe you can buy free players (at the end of the contract with a team) independtly by market period

5) I want variety in transfers; for instance you should be able to buy a player for less if his team is having financial problems. Or, one of your players can demand to be transferred to Real even if the offer is not good enough, or refuse to be transferred to Olympiakos no matter how good the offer is.

generally AI is poor on that aspect but we'll try to create a good AI also on transfers. I would like also to pay with money or with player exchange

6) No restrictions regarding buying foreign players please!

i would like to mantain some kind of limit for extra-european players, maybe 5 per team?
7) Players should be able to evolve depending on how they do, just because a player is cheap/expensive in the beginning of his carreer he doesn't have to remain cheap/expensive for ever.

I agree!!!!!

8) I don't want the coach part to be too complicated. We shouldn't need to go through 50 buttons to train the goalkeeper of the youth team.

Training should be ARCADE mini-games. Training should be funny and not boring.

9) I don't want the financial part to be too complicated. It should be simple: if your team is winning, profits should increase. Please don't make us bargain for TV rights and pop corn price.

We are deciding about the financial details we want to adopt. I'll let you know later

10) I want to be able to retrain players for different positions.

This could be too much complex, i don't know if i can do it.

11) I want to be able to look at the rosters of other teams and see which players are good, meaning look at their stats. Not wait for stupid scouters or something; all that happens when a game does that is that you constantly save & reload until you find the right player.

again, i agree!!!

12) A good tactics editor would be awesome. This should include assigning specific players for set pieces and penalty kicks.

we already have a tactic editor, we'll include it in the game

13) I want a correct UEFA ranking. For instance, you can't control a team from Luxembourg, win the championship and go directly to the Champions League group stage. The game should begin with the last UEFA Ranking and allocate points to teams/countries from there.

we can think about a simpler ranking but we want to create realistic competitions

14) I liked the way Player Manager handled the teams: a database of players, and every time you start a new game they get randomly assigned to teams.

definitely yes!

15) I want to be able to see what happens in other leagues. The standings, the results, the top scorers etc.

ok

16) I want to be able to book friendly matches.

ok

17) A player should inform you if he wishes to hang his boots at the end of the season, and you should be able to try to change his mind if you want to. It would be also nice if you could hold a friendly match in his honor!

that's too complex but it is a good idea. I don't know if it is doable

18) I'd love to have a detailed match report after the end of each match, one that looks like a newspaper.

You'll have a full match report, similar to the PES one

19) The game should have some very rare occasions that will happen for few players if the play the game for many years (actual years, not game years), such as "Your right wing Spyros Paraschis has decided to quit football and have a sex change operation".

20) Let us have variety in injuries, not just "injured player" but broken legs, fractures, the flu etc. And semi-injured players that we can use knowing if the match is too important.

ok

21) I want to be rewarded with a cool video if I win a competition.

[/quote]
a Monica Bellucci video is a good reward?
alkis21

Postby alkis21 » Fri May 09, 2008 10:19 pm

I'm very glad to see that you will consider most of my suggestions!

Regarding transfers, what if players are able to join your team only during summer and December but... you can BUY them all year long? As in, buy a player in March but he won't play for you until next season? This will keep the difficulty level high without removing the joy of buying new players!

And yes, Monica sounds great... but don't confuse her with Olympiakos' player Belucci!

Remember, remember, the 4th and the 3rd of November
Danne
5000+ Poster!
5000+ Poster!

Postby Danne » Sat May 10, 2008 7:55 pm

Will not limitations in transfers mostly be frustrating for most users. I mean buying and selling players are fun and will TIPM not be less fun if you cant do this as you wish at any time?
RedThunder
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!

Postby RedThunder » Sun May 11, 2008 12:51 pm

Choice of Chewing for Managers ;-)

IGMC
Calimero
2000+ Poster!
2000+ Poster!

Postby Calimero » Wed May 14, 2008 2:07 pm

Training: great idea to do it with mini sub-games! In Topspin (tennis game) you can upgrade your skills by completing trials.
Maybe in TI PM you get a score in % for the subgame and when the player's skill is altered a little if it the score is much higher or much lower than his current skill.

Finance: keep it simple, but provide enough challenge and let your decision have actual impact. In FIFA 2007 you can negotiate sponsors that set certain rewards and targets, like 1.000.000 when you when the championship, or 25.000 for every cup round, or 250.000 if the topscorer of the league is from your club.
ico555
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!

Postby ico555 » Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:21 pm

Hi Gianluca, Has there been much enthusiasm regarding this project on the Italian forums? You guys are KO lovin' muthas and no mistake.

Incidentally my first ever post on the site just a couple of days ago was an inquiry as to wheather there were any updates made to PM, You're really pushing the boat out with a totally remake, but do remember the key points that make PM such a cool game to start with, the main one being of course..the match itself. oh and the tactics, although I'd 'compress' the playing area a little so as not to allow the placement of forwards right in front of the opposing goal. This is how we here round our way have always played Kick Off and to great effect.

I think the perfect game would be a cross between Championship Manager and PM, The menus and general layout of the former which are that much classier, and obviously the actual match & tactics From PM.

Player Manager is the only management sim that I know of where results are directly determined by the actual attributes of the players themselves rather than just the random shuffling about of players as in other games, Goals are truly 'felt', and each individual player has their own personality, But anyway I think I may be preaching to the converted here, I've not yet really checked the site out yet.

Btw I think the wide telecam view on TI is a real triumph, and would be great if included....

Cheers.
KattenPetter
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!

Postby KattenPetter » Tue Sep 16, 2008 12:14 pm

I strongly disagree on the idea that training should be mini games. The quality of the training should be a result of the coach's skill.
Mini games have a tendency to end up like tedious chores.