Not sure if I had 0.85 or 0.86 installed (uninstalled & updated to 0.86 yesterday), but played TI for quite a bit over the weekend, mainly against the CPU (before had played mainly against humans).
First thought was I forgot how good the game is! AI is pretty decent, and if choosing a poorer side it is quite a challange to beat the top teams. It was fun to play, and if a Player Manager version was added on today, the gameplay doesn't seem to be far off ready tbh.
Things to improve:-
1) AI defending from crosses is really weak, which makes this quite an easy method to score. Couldn't work out the Italian names of the attributes in the team txt files, but if defensive positioning or heading are included, then defenders with high stats at least should be better at defending in these situations.
2) AI was still shooting sideways for one-on-ones on occasions, but I may have been playing 0.85.
3) Non-direct free kick takers still go for a random jog around the pitch before taking free kicks.
4) More variety with the AI's forward play would be good, especially to improve the atmosphere & feel of the game-
e.g. If (in general) North European sides played more long ball style, Italians more defensive, Spanish more attacking & less physically etc.
5) Also noticed a couple of bugs, but lost the replays I saved when re-installing. I can't remember all, but one was certain players wearing training bibs over their normal kit (these players also seemed to be slower, perhaps carrying injuries)
There also seemed to be a problem with the way aggregate scores are calculated- in the second round I lost the first leg at home to Barcelona 2-1, then beat them 4-1 away. However, in the next round (QF) I beat Olympiakpos at home in the first leg 4-1, but the game then made me play one half of extra time
- possibly because the last match was a 4-1 away win, and the 4-1 home win in the next match made it 5-5 according to the computer? (although these matches were of course in different rounds. Also not sure why only one half of ET, but this may be because I added another goal to make it 5-1)
Anyway, if I find any bugs again I will save replays (also got memory access violations fairly often- the furthest I got in a champions league before crashing was the final, when it then crashed
, but on the plus side that was 12 games before a crash).
Looking forward to the next version!