stats - throw in 0.8

This forum is dedicated to the new football game Active Soccer (and Throw In) by TheFoxSoft.

Moderators: TheFoxSoft, Moderators

rapTor_sonofsuns

stats - throw in 0.8

Postby rapTor_sonofsuns » Fri May 04, 2007 10:21 am

I want to know about stats, as they make each player different, how does it effect the game, what stat changes what ( as its usage in the game engine) i think in this subject we can have ideas to improve the current structure, for example speed is the top speed that is obvious but shooting? does it effect the shoot power? the maximum aftertouch? the ai of the golie to not to save? or just straightness of the shoot? ( that reminds me J.Walsh :D ) there are lots of ways to do it .. so if gianluca explains what does what , we can suggest better ways to implement
Danne
5000+ Poster!
5000+ Poster!

Re: stats - throw in 0.8

Postby Danne » Fri May 04, 2007 10:34 am

rapTor_sonofsuns wrote:I want to know about stats, as they make each player different, how does it effect the game, what stat changes what ( as its usage in the game engine) i think in this subject we can have ideas to improve the current structure, for example speed is the top speed that is obvious but shooting? does it effect the shoot power? the maximum aftertouch? the ai of the golie to not to save? or just straightness of the shoot? ( that reminds me J.Walsh :D ) there are lots of ways to do it .. so if gianluca explains what does what , we can suggest better ways to implement

You can edit the stats in the player txt files.

It is in Italien but if you manage the translation it will work out right... :D

1 Stats Description
2 Speed How fast a player runs
3 Acceleration How fast a player accelerate
4 Deceleration How fast a player stops
5 Agility The overall skill and talent of the player
6 Technique How well the player performs moves with the ball
7 Stamina The player condition (A player with low stamina gets tired easily and therefor runs slower after a while)
8 Shooting accuracy How good the player is at shooting towards the direction he is aiming at
9 Shooting power How powerful his shots are
10 Aftertouch How much the player can curl the ball
11 Short passing accuracy How good the player is at passing the ball in the right direction (for short passes)
12 Short passing speed How powerful the short passes are
13 Long passing accuracy How good the player is at passing the ball in the right direction (for long passes)
14 Long passing speed How powerful the long passes are
15 Header power How powerful the player heads the ball
16 Header speed How good the player is at heading the ball in the right direction
17 Defence How good the player is at stealing the ball from another player
18 Shielding How well the player is at holding the ball so that an opponent player can't steal it
19 Sliding tackle How far the player is able to slide
20 Keeping How well the player performs as a goalkeeper
21 Aggression How often the player slides or fouls (Used by the CPU)
22 Pressing How much the player pressures when the opponents have the ball
23 Positioning How well the player follows the instructed tactic posititions
24 Height Height of the player in centimeters (cm)
25 Weight Weight of the players in kilograms (kg)