Bug report - beta 0.8

This forum is dedicated to the new football game Active Soccer (and Throw In) by TheFoxSoft.

Moderators: TheFoxSoft, Moderators, TheFoxSoft, Moderators

Fedorov
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!

Postby Fedorov » Thu May 03, 2007 9:46 pm

First thing I've tried is a "Practise game" - each time it loads the game and screen changes as if it's about to show me the pitch I get a "Memory Access Violation" dialog.

I'm running Vista 32-bit Ultimate on a Nvidia 8800gtx 2Gb ram.

I've tried turning off forced AA in my nvidia drivers, I've tried lowering the resolution in TI from 1280x960 to 1024x768, tried choosing to turn OFF antialiasing and lighting gfx still crashes each time...

Sorry I've got to get off to bed, I'll see how many others get any similar issues and try to help diagnose when I get back from my trip on Sunday.

My desktop is running at 1680x1050 btw.

Fedorov.

Edit: Only thing in the Application Event Viewer logs is this:
Log Name: Application
Source: Desktop Window Manager
Date: 03/05/2007 23:02:17
Event ID: 9013
Task Category: None
Level: Information
Keywords: Classic
User: N/A
Computer: fedorov
Description:
The Desktop Window Manager was unable to start because composition was disabled by a running application
rapTor_sonofsuns

Postby rapTor_sonofsuns » Thu May 03, 2007 11:06 pm

bugs :

- i changed the squad before entering the match, but the loading screen shows the default lineups

- beckham goes to see victoria ( gets inside the stadium) than come backs when it is a corner , to take the corner. (upper goal)

- as soon as a penalty is given the goalie leaves the goal going to the touchline ( i image he is thinking isnt this "throw in" :lol: )

- when taking the penalty referee continuosly moves circular annoying

- when ai dribbling sometimes it dribbles the ball which is on air

- goalie holds a second ball sometimes ( it was in the previous version too) while match is played with a ball

- training didnt load a black screen

not liked :

- heading sound :shock:

- continous dribbling dink dinks

- ai is obviously cheating it doesnt look good when ai dribbles the ball it ruins the nature of the game, and the ball is not going by the ball physics but the desire of the ai .

- collision detections were much better in the previous version, you can get inside other and score a goal for example needs to be worked on.

- player switching sucks, off the ball player ai sucks too , sometimes i am not the player closest to the ball and he is just watching the game!

- players showing with just a % rating? i cant compare who is faster? who shoots better? why? am i missing something?

- circular shadows

- raptor heads advertisement is missing :D

liked:

- supporter songs are fantastic

- graphics are much better from the previous version

- menus are much better

i would like to say that this version is much better than the previous, but i cant . . older version seems more like kick off with the dribbling and collisions while in this version it is more likely to nutella soccer. But overall game is improved slightly if menus and graphics are considered

above comments are made after just one match no offense :roll: and i am sure i saw another bug but i have forgotten :?
dodin
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!

Postby dodin » Fri May 04, 2007 6:11 am

I've got a red card in a friendly match...

the player leaves than a error occurs a the game crashes...

Error! box:
Memory access violation

pressed OK -> closes the game
Danne
5000+ Poster!
5000+ Poster!

Postby Danne » Fri May 04, 2007 7:17 am

- beckham goes to see victoria ( gets inside the stadium) than come backs when it is a corner , to take the corner. (upper goal)

:lol: :lol: :lol:

- goalie holds a second ball sometimes ( it was in the previous version too) while match is played with a ball

I will fix this for next version.

- heading sound :shock:

ok, I will change it.

- raptor heads advertisement is missing

I am reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalllllyy sorry. This is a misstake. :cry:
I will make sure that it will be in next version.
rapTor_sonofsuns

Postby rapTor_sonofsuns » Fri May 04, 2007 9:55 am

thats not really a problem dont bother ;)

well another bug in penalties ball percentages of the teams are not initialized at 0 so they are some hexadecimal numbers :lol:

my champs l. match got crushed when starting the second game against barca with chelsea : memory access violation
rapTor_sonofsuns

Postby rapTor_sonofsuns » Fri May 04, 2007 11:15 am

starting eleven cant be saved? in c.l. everytime it loads with the default eleven damn i discovered this after a crushing defeat from barca :lol: robben was sitting in the bench :oops:

referees are too harsh to show cards

when a penalty is taken, the ball bounces off the bar and the penalty taker can finish it. this is out of rules, if the ball is not touched by any other players , penalty taker can not touch it again like any other free kicks , corner kick or throw ins another player should touch the ball to make him able to touch the ball again ( so if keeper saves he can finish it )

can replays be saved?
whats the player substitution key :oops:
Danne
5000+ Poster!
5000+ Poster!

Postby Danne » Fri May 04, 2007 11:22 am

rapTor_sonofsuns wrote:starting eleven cant be saved? in c.l. everytime it loads with the default eleven damn i discovered this after a crushing defeat from barca :lol: robben was sitting in the bench :oops:

when a penalty is taken, the ball bounces off the bar and the penalty taker can finish it. this is out of rules, if the ball is not touched by any other players , penalty taker can not touch it again like any other free kicks , corner kick or throw ins another player should touch the ball to make him able to touch the ball again ( so if keeper saves he can finish it )

can replays be saved?

F5/F9 - call bench
F12 - save replay

(Read Me file included in the game has alot of other good info)
rapTor_sonofsuns

Postby rapTor_sonofsuns » Fri May 04, 2007 11:37 am

Danne wrote:
rapTor_sonofsuns wrote:starting eleven cant be saved? in c.l. everytime it loads with the default eleven damn i discovered this after a crushing defeat from barca :lol: robben was sitting in the bench :oops:

can replays be saved?

F5/F9 - call bench
F12 - save replay

thanks i am a bit lazy to read readme files :roll:

by the way i am warming up danne 7-0 victory over levski sofia :P could be 15 i am gonna beat you when the multiplayer goes online :twisted:
Danne
5000+ Poster!
5000+ Poster!

Postby Danne » Fri May 04, 2007 11:40 am

rapTor_sonofsuns wrote:
Danne wrote:

can replays be saved?

F5/F9 - call bench
F12 - save replay

thanks i am a bit lazy to read readme files :roll:

by the way i am warming up danne 7-0 victory over levski sofia :P could be 15 i am gonna beat you when the multiplayer goes online :twisted:

:lol: :lol:

btw. Swap to 100% CPU speed in Options to make it more challenging. In default you have a speedadvantage over the CPU like in KO2.
rapTor_sonofsuns

Postby rapTor_sonofsuns » Fri May 04, 2007 11:58 am

its ok with %90 :D they are cheating so the teams with such great cheaters as barca always defeats me :cry: btw they use the referee to such as

ODD BUGs:

- when i am throwing in from right side bottom of the pitch attacking downwards , throwing in to upper side , the ball didnt go in to the pitch and the referee gave a goal kick !!!!

- the referee called offside for etoo but he kept on playing and shoot&missed the game continued with a goal kick !!!!

- a long range shot keeper saved the ball inside the goal referee decided a corner kick !!!!

- when you alt-tab in a game you may return in a complete vector mass no graphics but some polygons moving etc

- Goal Werder Bremen indicator doesnt fit to the box writing oal Werder Bre or smth like that

also F12 button is not checked whether pressed in replay screen when you press it in game , it pops up saving screen immediatly a replay is shown

and one more suggestion, change the ball percentage by counting the last man that touched the ball instead of the man is in control, as ai is cheating they all get much higher percentages because the ball glues to their feet, when i am dribbling i let the ball go and capture it again which hampers my percentage ( i think so )
Last edited by rapTor_sonofsuns on Sat May 05, 2007 2:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
kofoed
2000+ Poster!
2000+ Poster!

Postby kofoed » Fri May 04, 2007 12:34 pm

i cant go into the match. when the lineups are shown the game freezes and exits and says "Memory Access Violation"

Vista 32-bit
GF 8800GTS
2gig ram
Played 8 World Cups
2001:10th(out of 30), 2002:19th(26), 2006:21st(50), 2008:25th(41), 2009:10th(34), 2010: 11th(46), 2014: 11th(26) 2015 8th(38).
Danne
5000+ Poster!
5000+ Poster!

Postby Danne » Fri May 04, 2007 1:09 pm

kofoed wrote:i cant go into the match. when the lineups are shown the game freezes and exits and says "Memory Access Violation"

Vista 32-bit
GF 8800GTS
2gig ram

Gianluca will not be happy when he reads this. :cry: :cry: :cry:

It seems like 0.8 isnt working with Windows Vista.
rapTor_sonofsuns

Postby rapTor_sonofsuns » Fri May 04, 2007 1:13 pm

Danne wrote:
kofoed wrote:i cant go into the match. when the lineups are shown the game freezes and exits and says "Memory Access Violation"

Vista 32-bit
GF 8800GTS
2gig ram

Gianluca will not be happy when he reads this. :cry: :cry: :cry:

It seems like 0.8 isnt working with Windows Vista.

yep. but the question is the previous one is working or not? is the problem blitz or throw in?

i think its throw in 0.8 because memory access violations occur everywhere in XP also