My Review and thoughts so far.

This forum is dedicated to the new football game Active Soccer (and Throw In) by TheFoxSoft.

Moderators: TheFoxSoft, Moderators

durban
Site Admin
Site Admin

My Review and thoughts so far.

Postby durban » Thu Sep 15, 2005 8:45 pm

Throw In Beta 0.71

I first saw TI back in Milan, and at the time whilst it was very basic it still seemed to be full of potential.

Today I downloaded my first beta and have spent the past 2 hours trying it out.

I am completely shocked. I was expecting a game in production, very laggy and slow and nothing to amazing.

What I experienced was probably the most enjoyable gaming experience I have had on a PC.

Now I won't pretend that the game is finished, its not. It has a few flaws but its a beta.

I wanted to post a good long list of 'improvements' after I had missed so much of the Beta Testing phase, however I spent so much time just enjoying the game I couldn't think of one bad thing to say.

The game plays wonderfully. The ball control (in particular when you shoot) needs refining to give you a bit more control at the last minute, but it still works extremely well.

The graphics are blocky but they do the job really well. It basically feels like Kick Off 2 in 3d! And what a joy to actually see some sort of characters in the teams we all love. I mean to see a black curtis etc, it adds a new element to the game.

Love the keepers saves. Love the lob and the overall feel.

Think the way the camera is adjustable to offer side and diagonal views is fantastic.

Once you get used to the controls you can play it more or less like ko2. How nice was it to trap the ball and then run around a player before clearing just like you would in the real KO2.

I cannot explain how amazed I am at this game, its awesome and yet there is still so much more that is no doubt going to be improved.

The basic gameplay and overall feel of the game is fabulous and just oozes fun and playability.

Gianluca you are a genius.

I will give a full review of good and bad points as soon as I get a chance to give the game a full run down.

The Computer AI still gives an excellent game even tho its not perfect.

Brilliant, just brilliant!

No longer the only UK based Liverpool, Nottingham Forest and Crewe supporter in the whole of the KOA!!!
durban
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby durban » Thu Sep 15, 2005 8:47 pm

:lol: :lol:

I was so shocked at the pure brilliance of this game I forgot to turn the underline off in the post above :lol:
No longer the only UK based Liverpool, Nottingham Forest and Crewe supporter in the whole of the KOA!!!
TheFoxSoft

Postby TheFoxSoft » Thu Sep 15, 2005 9:52 pm

:shock: :shock:
thanks mate :D

The AI will be reprogrammed from scratch, so don't worry about it ;-)