New Balls and other things.....

This forum is dedicated to the new football game Active Soccer (and Throw In) by TheFoxSoft.

Moderators: TheFoxSoft, Moderators, TheFoxSoft, Moderators

CharlieP
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!

New Balls and other things.....

Postby CharlieP » Tue Sep 13, 2005 2:23 pm

Any chance of being able to design your own balls etc and put them into the game.... All of the resources are packed into that exe at the moment, is it possible to have the graphics and sounds in files instead so we can design our own stuff ?

If this isn't possible, maybe Foxy could release sizes and depth info for each graphic and we could design some and send to him to review and include in the game ?

I'd like to try a Stadium actually..... any chance of the dimensions foxy ? We could all do some... Big, small, Wembley ;)

This would be a nice way to be able to help with the games development !

:)
TheFoxSoft

Postby TheFoxSoft » Tue Sep 13, 2005 2:53 pm

i may release an "open" game, so everyone can modify/add ingame GFX&SND. Everything can be easily modded.
About the stadium, we have some problems (fixable don't worry) so we must release a default one and then we can decide how to edit/add more stadiums.

But i would like this feature in the final game since this could bring more bugs or some problems, i guess
CharlieP
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!

Postby CharlieP » Tue Sep 13, 2005 3:00 pm

You could always keep the default grafix in the compiled exe but also look for other files in a GFX and SND directory.. if nothing exists then carry on as normal, but it there is a Stadium.X or whatever format you use or a ball.jpg then these could be used instead of the default..... if a bug occurs then the player can test by removing the added grafix and see if it's still there !

This way you still retain a standard set for debugging purposes :)

Another idea.... although this is not so simple..... If the player AI was scripted and interpreted then we could design our own AI and this would be a very unique game :) This would open up the programming of the AI to lots of people who might come up with some very nice scripts! and it would be very interesting playing script V script ;) I know this isn't the point of this game, but as I had the idea, I thought I'd share it :)

Edited: Where's the spellchecker ;)
Last edited by CharlieP on Tue Sep 13, 2005 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheFoxSoft

Postby TheFoxSoft » Tue Sep 13, 2005 3:07 pm

CharlieP wrote:You could always keep the default grafix in the compiled exe but also look for other files in a GFX and SND directory.. if nothing exists then carry on as normal, but it there is a Stadium.X or whatever format you use or a ball.jpg then these could be used instead of the default..... if a but occurs then the player can test by removing the added grafix and see ig it's still there !

This way you still retain a standard set for debugging purposes :)

this is a great idea! ;-)

Another idea.... although this is not so simple..... If the player AI was scripted and interpreted then we could design our own AI and this would be a very unique game :) This would open up the programming of the AI to lots of people who might come up with some very nice scripts! and it would be very interesting playing script V script ;) I know this isn't the point of this game, but as I had the idea, I thought I'd share it :)

This is another great idea but unfortunately AI is not scripted
maradona182
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!

Postby maradona182 » Tue Sep 13, 2005 3:12 pm

Relasing the game "open" would surely increase the development process and I'm sure a lot of fans will spend their time customizing and providing additional stuff for the game.

When do you think this open release could be possible Gianluca?
OckHAM
TheFoxSoft

Postby TheFoxSoft » Tue Sep 13, 2005 3:25 pm

maradona182 wrote:Relasing the game "open" would surely increase the development process and I'm sure a lot of fans will spend their time customizing and providing additional stuff for the game.

When do you think this open release could be possible Gianluca?

maybe in the next beta