0.07 impressions

This forum is dedicated to the new football game Active Soccer (and Throw In) by TheFoxSoft.

Moderators: TheFoxSoft, Moderators, TheFoxSoft, Moderators

TheFoxSoft

Postby TheFoxSoft » Sat Oct 08, 2005 6:12 pm

Sakulitarvan wrote:I'd like to refer to this:
- players can throw out alone!
- players can kick corner alone!
- keepers have the cacoethes to be in level of the ball! (from the good corner or pass edgewise to the goal area are easy goals)
-keeper automatically get the ball while is the player with the ball in keeper vicinity!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And this does the game (a little) boring when you play with CPU:
-CPU players can't kick the corners!
-CPU players obstruct while they were throwing out!
-CPU keepers obstruct while they were kicking off!

110% agreed :D :D
thanks for the report ;-)
TheFoxSoft

Postby TheFoxSoft » Sat Oct 08, 2005 6:14 pm

JZ wrote:1. Selectable shooting: I always used to use fixed, so don't know if this has changed from past betas, but after trying I like it, it allows such a variety of shots.
I don't know if the ballflow has changed or just the keepers, but its good to see long shots go in now, although sometimes the keeper lets in easy ones.

2. Throw ins: I really like the idea of the players moving around to recieve the ball, never seen that in a computer game before, very realistic. It seems a bit too easy to throw the ball to one of your players though, you haven't got a chance of getting the ball if you're defending (against a human anyway). (There also shouldn't be offsides from throws)

3. Player switching: I know people complain about this (include the people I've played against) but I think its really good. I like the way the player you're controlling stays selected as long as he keeps running towards the ball. This stops your own player tackling you for one thing, like sometimes happens in KO2.
The only problem is when defending and you want to select a different player who needs to run in the same direction as the one currently selected, because you have to run away from the ball and then back again to change player. Maybe using the second button to switch players could solve this?

4. Aftertouch on penalties and passes: 8)

5. Overhead kicks and diving headers: Overheads are good, but I've only ever seen one diving header in a about 20 matches. How do you do them, or does the player have to be a certain distance from the ball, and the ball a certain height?

Oh, and the only thing I don't like is the goalkicks, the keeper takes ages, but as I see you've said you're going to do keeper throws.

-Diving headers: the player must be on a certain distance and on a certain height. They seem too much rare, i have to asjust it.

-Goal kicks: i must reprogram goalkicks adding a power bar. I agree also on keepers, they could throw the ball

Thanks
TheFoxSoft

Postby TheFoxSoft » Sat Oct 08, 2005 6:16 pm

Danne wrote:Gianluca.

Cant you implement an optionable player switching.

Where you can choose between: very sensitive, senstitive and unsensitive

I prefer just as JZ an unsensitive playerswitching like in 0.071 but many people seems to prefer a more sensitive one.

yes, player sitching sentivity will be selectable. Everyone can enjoy his preferred method in this way

playerswitching for the CPU:
The cpu should use a supersensitive playerswitching btw. Now he seems to have the same sensitivity as the human team. Many absurb situations have appeared for me in matches against the CPU cause of the unsensitivity of the CPU playerswitching.

i agree. CPU will be redesigned after the KO2 world cup, so stay tuned ;-)
TheFoxSoft

Postby TheFoxSoft » Sat Oct 08, 2005 6:21 pm

Welcome mate! thanks for the nice words:

socralynnek wrote:So, finally I am writing something to this game.
I already had played 0.06 and have played 3 matches with 0.071.

Why do you say poor AI? My scores (with AI and game speed to 80%) were 3-3 , 2-1 win and 1-1...
In 0.06 I never managed to win, although I have played KO2 a lot on my amiga and in the last few months with WinUAE.[/quote ]
I can do much better :D

So my impressions and remarks:
-I'd like to see an option: "Exact timing" s.t. the time doesn't run when the ball is out of the field or if a foul had been commited. So human players can't cheat to reduce playing time when they are leading.

great idea! what about adding an option?

- I also like the player switching nwo because you can control it better. So if you want a switch then stop running for a moment.

This is exactly what i mean! Player switching is indeed a skill in KO2 and it is a skill also in TI ;-)

- I still have the feeling that the bug with shot power going from Fixed to selectable isn't fixed yet?!?

I really like the game, it is close to become better then the original KO2!
So, go on, Gianluca!

i apologize guys, i didn't test the game with fixed power. I didn't know about this bug. I'll check it out,