Beta 0.0.7 wishlist

This forum is dedicated to the new football game Active Soccer (and Throw In) by TheFoxSoft.

Moderators: TheFoxSoft, Moderators

Bunneh
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!

Postby Bunneh » Wed Jul 13, 2005 2:42 pm

One thing I have noticed, and I don't know if it's included or not, maybe I missed it. I can't seem to be able to lob a powerful shot from the half way line like I could in KO2. Used to be able to yank back on the stick, pressing fire at the same time, add a little after touch and the ball would rocket from the half way line and sometimes end up in the back of the net. Used to score some amazing goals doing that.
Menace
1000+ Poster!
1000+ Poster!

Postby Menace » Wed Jul 13, 2005 2:42 pm

TheFoxSoft wrote:who knows :D

Damn, stop teasing us! =)
Dennis Hansen - http://protomenace.wordpress.com
Creative Director - http://www.bigbitegames.com

'When the seagulls follow the trawler, it is because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea' Eric Cantona
Bunneh
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!

Postby Bunneh » Wed Jul 13, 2005 4:04 pm

You definately need to include a way to change to joystick outside of the match preperation screen. I have to go into Play Friendly, switch to joystick port 1, exit the match, then go play practice. Would be great if it saved this too :)

I played with a friend today, set up two player but the 'puter took over from my friend and played for him, which was odd :lol:

Keep plugging though, it's great fun!
Calimero
2000+ Poster!
2000+ Poster!

Postby Calimero » Wed Jul 13, 2005 5:42 pm

Bunneh wrote:One thing I have noticed, and I don't know if it's included or not, maybe I missed it. I can't seem to be able to lob a powerful shot from the half way line like I could in KO2. Used to be able to yank back on the stick, pressing fire at the same time, add a little after touch and the ball would rocket from the half way line and sometimes end up in the back of the net. Used to score some amazing goals doing that.

You can make a more powerful shot by keeping the button pressed a little longer before you release it, in selectable shotmode that is...
After that you can add height to the ball by pulling back the stick (aftertouch). It's much more difficult then in KO2 but also more realistic.
I agree that it could be tweaked a little further to let the keeper sometimes make a judgement error.

But who knows what the next beta will bring?

[Gianluca will probably answer "who knows" to this :)]
TheFoxSoft

Postby TheFoxSoft » Wed Jul 13, 2005 9:05 pm

maybe i could make keepers weaker on high shoots, but just a little bit.
Bytheway, do you want a KO2 keeper mode where lobs go in?
Calimero
2000+ Poster!
2000+ Poster!

Postby Calimero » Wed Jul 13, 2005 9:11 pm

TheFoxSoft wrote:maybe i could make keepers weaker on high shoots, but just a little bit.

I don't like to see a special mode, but it would be nice if the keepers are a bit more vulnerable on high balls from long distance. These never seem to go in.
The keepers are already weak enough on high balls from within the penaltybox, in my opinion.
Maybe you can introduce a stat that says how good a certain keeper is on high balls...
TheFoxSoft

Postby TheFoxSoft » Wed Jul 13, 2005 9:30 pm

Bunneh wrote:You definately need to include a way to change to joystick outside of the match preperation screen. I have to go into Play Friendly, switch to joystick port 1, exit the match, then go play practice. Would be great if it saved this too :)

I played with a friend today, set up two player but the 'puter took over from my friend and played for him, which was odd :lol:

Keep plugging though, it's great fun!

:lol: :lol:
Bunneh, the beta you are playing (the latest available) is really old. This problem (like several hundreds ones) have been fixed in the last months.
All can i say is that the game is MUCH more playable and MUCH less buggy. :)
Danne
5000+ Poster!
5000+ Poster!

Postby Danne » Thu Jul 14, 2005 3:52 am

Calimero wrote:
TheFoxSoft wrote:maybe i could make keepers weaker on high shoots, but just a little bit.

I don't like to see a special mode, but it would be nice if the keepers are a bit more vulnerable on high balls from long distance. These never seem to go in.
The keepers are already weak enough on high balls from within the penaltybox, in my opinion.
Maybe you can introduce a stat that says how good a certain keeper is on high balls...

yes. Make the keeper weaker on high shots. Thats a great idea. If this means hard longshots. The keeper allready is weak enough on loose lobs.

I have very similar experiences as Pascal. especially about those longshots. Those very very rarely goes in.
Bunneh
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!

Postby Bunneh » Thu Jul 14, 2005 12:51 pm

TheFoxSoft wrote: :lol: :lol:
Bunneh, the beta you are playing (the latest available) is really old. This problem (like several hundreds ones) have been fixed in the last months.
All can i say is that the game is MUCH more playable and MUCH less buggy. :)

In that case, I can't wait! :)

You've got a classic game on your hands here, I can see it becoming extremely popular. If it's okay I'll be posting details etc on a gaming forum I go to. Few footy fans there :) Any screenshots will be hosted on my own webspace so not to steal your bandwidth.
TheFoxSoft

Postby TheFoxSoft » Thu Jul 14, 2005 1:38 pm

can you wait a little bit until the next beta? The last beta was really buggy, i'm scared they'll not enjoy the game.
By the way which is the site?
Bunneh
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!

Postby Bunneh » Thu Jul 14, 2005 4:06 pm

http://www.multiplayers.co.uk

Mainly a BF2 site with forums, but we have a few footy fans.

Of course I'll wait till next beta. I'll remove the old link and get them to wait for the next release.
Danne
5000+ Poster!
5000+ Poster!

Postby Danne » Thu Jul 14, 2005 8:04 pm

TheFoxSoft wrote:can you wait a little bit until the next beta? The last beta was really buggy, i'm scared they'll not enjoy the game.

I would be very surprised if a gamer wouldnbt like TI.

It is what football is all about!!!
TheFoxSoft

Postby TheFoxSoft » Thu Jul 14, 2005 8:32 pm

Danne wrote:
TheFoxSoft wrote:can you wait a little bit until the next beta? The last beta was really buggy, i'm scared they'll not enjoy the game.

I would be very surprised if a gamer wouldnbt like TI.

It is what football is all about!!!

my friend Vittorio (a PES fan) tell me the game is a shit and i'm wasting my time. :) I know him since i was 8 years old, so according to him TI must be rubbish! :D
Last edited by TheFoxSoft on Thu Jul 14, 2005 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.