updated:ko-gathering : Relaunch progress

Kick Off Association talk + website Updates, like or dislike

Moderator: Moderators

alkis21

Postby alkis21 » Sat Apr 26, 2003 10:25 pm

Damn, that means we will get no posts from new members till then! :( The "Forums" button in the main page does not work.. well it does but instead of taking you to the forums it goes back to the Flash intro. Please take care of it when you get back.
Remember, remember, the 4th and the 3rd of November
Danny D
4000+ Poster!
4000+ Poster!

Postby Danny D » Wed Apr 30, 2003 6:56 pm

Alkis,
Your only comment concerning the newly designed ko-gathering.com is that a link doesn't work.I would appreciate more feedback even if it's negative.

I'll check the links tomorrow.Please email me feedback as that's the only way I can gurantee I'll see it.
"We are now on the threshold of a newer movement, with a newer hope and a new inspiration."
James Larkin
manicx
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby manicx » Wed Apr 30, 2003 8:29 pm

Strange. The link seems to work. I think that we should be more concerned with the re-design of the intro page. As I said, I hate flash, and Danne reported a serious problem as some people won't be able to access the site.
Danny D
4000+ Poster!
4000+ Poster!

Postby Danny D » Wed Apr 30, 2003 10:48 pm

The link works and opens a new window.However in an attempt to make it work with ALL browsers, I've fucked it up so it doesn't work with any.anyway i've added a news item so everone will see it.What is up with the intro pages ?
"We are now on the threshold of a newer movement, with a newer hope and a new inspiration."
James Larkin
Abyss

Postby Abyss » Wed Apr 30, 2003 11:45 pm

The "Skip Intro" button shouldn't be included in the flash movie but in plain html, so even those who don't have flash and don't want to / can't download and install it can access the site.
Danny D
4000+ Poster!
4000+ Poster!

Postby Danny D » Thu May 01, 2003 5:55 am

skip intro in html included..
James Larkin
Abyss

Postby Abyss » Thu May 01, 2003 8:07 am

Good, now it should be more accessible.
manicx
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby manicx » Thu May 01, 2003 9:33 am

Cool. I may try and make a short applet similar to the flash anim and test it. I am not sure though whether downloading JRE or flash is better especially now that the Micro$oft Java VM is not included in Windows anymore... Maybe, we can make the flash be compatible with older versions and not just with release 6....
Danny D
4000+ Poster!
4000+ Poster!

Postby Danny D » Fri May 02, 2003 3:05 pm

Damn,
I am tired of attempting to fix ko-gathering.com.Who want's to rewrite the webpage ? I'm pretty much done.
James Larkin
Stainy
4000+ Poster!
4000+ Poster!

huh!!

Postby Stainy » Fri May 02, 2003 4:42 pm

I don`t see what all the fuss is about... if you goto any site and they`ve a flash doodad on there and it`s not compatible with your version, that mean you gonna email them and ask them to change it ??
I don`t see anything wrong with it.. probably just a few screwy Windows out there.. .
sometimes it loads a new IE for the forum, sometimes it doesn`t .. so what!!

Well done Danny... I say... and the others who`ve put the time in :)
m1hampton

Postby m1hampton » Fri May 02, 2003 7:04 pm

Here,Here well said stainy :o
Jubigala
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!

Flash Intro for KO-G

Postby Jubigala » Sun May 04, 2003 7:10 am

For a cool flash intro try this ...

http://63.108.90.160/introbuilder/trial/

It rocks and it's free. It has 5 different intros, all fully customizable.

Also if you are looking for a new logo... 8)

http://glade.cooltext.com/rendered/cooltext11984652.jpg

Just something i knocked up on the quick. Click below for logo generator.

http://www.cooltext.com/

The logo will only last on this link for 1hr, so be quick. I have saved it, and posted it to KOA.

I think that this logo is cool. Whether you agree or not, i think it'd suit KO-G. :idea:

Regarding the intro, they look schuperb, and you can choose from 55 music files to go with it. I used them on my site, until it Yahoo 'Ragebuilder' died.

I can submit a flash intro, it you want me too. See the ones on my 'OLD' site, as examples..

Just out an option to skip the intro, for KOA'ers who dont have Flash players. I can, and have done it easily.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I won the World Cup 1930 with Argentina (270), on muddy pitch and heavy ball. It was a good final, with Romania's keeper getting injured, so 2 late goals sealed it. :wink:

It was fecking tough. The fact i was beat 4-0 by Romania with Uruguay, says that i need more practice! I hit the bar 5 times.

However, i then tryed the same teams on normal ball, and i demolished Romania 7-0. The heavy ball, has no swerve and is very hard to play with..

But, for the realism of the game, Steve and Anco got it spot on.

Well done fellas.

I now fully understand how crappy the crappy ball really is!

It's like playing football with a cannonball. :lol:
Ely
4000+ Poster!
4000+ Poster!

Postby Ely » Sun May 04, 2003 9:53 am

To be honest I can't see the point of flash intros, it was a real pain when I had a 56K modem, in most cases 95% of why I go on a site is to READ about stuff not watch a movie, I have a DVD Player for that !!!
NewEly - He is here sometimes...................
http://www.wayoftherodent.com