Did you know?

Kick Off Association talk + website Updates, like or dislike

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators

durban
Site Admin
Site Admin

Did you know?

Postby durban » Thu Dec 31, 2015 1:40 pm

Over the past 15 years the KOA has had over 240,000 posts (a lot more in fact, we did lose about 15,000)

Over the past 15 years the KOA has had over 13,500 different topics raised

Over the past 15 years the KOA has had over 2400 members

Over the past 15 years we have only had to BAN 1 member for breaching our guidelines (We all know who!)

Over the past 15 years we have had over 80 topics based on 'who would win a fight between...'

Over the past 15 years we have had over 62,000 Smilies posted!

Over the past 15 years we have survived and maybe we will continue to be here for 15 more

Add to that the thousands and thousands of scores we have kept in our archive, the hundreds of tournaments manually added by our valued members, and kept safe and sound on our servers.

There is NO shortcut to this achievement, thanks to every one of our members, even those who have not been active in such a long time, they are all part of this and the history that we have all kept safe for so long!

15 years ago we probably thought this sort of effort wasn't necesarry, luckily a few people realised what it could become and I doubt many of us actually realise what a great achievement this actually is to keep this going for so long?

So as we go into 2016, you should all pat yourselves on the back for a job well done.

Without the KOA forums, and the MSN and facebook groups etc I very much doubt there would still be any tournaments, apart from friends getting together over a beer with Player Manager tactics, played on this great game that we all love!

So, whilst it's not my position to be saying this - someone has to!

Thank you to all our members for keeping this going, and making the game live for ever!
No longer the only UK based Liverpool, Nottingham Forest and Crewe supporter in the whole of the KOA!!!
Freshmaker

Re: Did you know?

Postby Freshmaker » Thu Dec 31, 2015 1:55 pm

Wow. Just wow. Gotta love the KOA :)

Happy new years guys. Looking forward to update with fresh scores on Saturday ;)
-----------------------------
Silver Cup 2019, LAA 2015, reigning Scandinavian Champ
Founder of FÖKOF, FAKO and The People's Lockout!
WC-Host 2014 and 2017
Il portiere è mongoloide!
http://www.yearnlydom.rocks
I'm a Norwegian boy, I make rock music
Logos

Postby Logos » Thu Dec 31, 2015 1:59 pm

Hear, hear! Long live the KOA!
durban
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby durban » Thu Dec 31, 2015 2:06 pm

Best bit about this is that without the KOA the longest serving 'Football Game' tournament hosting forum would have been the Sensible Soccer forums!

Imagine that, Sensible Soccer beating Kick Off 2, that would have laid down a pretty big message to the Retro community as a whole...thank god we were here to make sure Kick Off 2 won the longevity battle!
No longer the only UK based Liverpool, Nottingham Forest and Crewe supporter in the whole of the KOA!!!
durban
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby durban » Thu Dec 31, 2015 2:11 pm

In fact it would be interesting to list the numbers of forums that people have put together in the past 15 years and how long they lasted.

I know at the time there was a Football Manager forum, Sensible Soccer and I think PES had just started - there was also one for Actua Soccer (I am sure Steve had something to do with it) and Championship Manager

I know we have seen forums for FIFA come and go, Pro Evo, Champ Manager etc.

In all that time most of those have had re-vamps and updates, and in turn lost their fan base to be replaced by newer ones...which just didn't seem to understand the requirements and soon dis-appeared.

Sensible soccer and Kick off forums understood what we had to do...so we kept going, and you have to respect that I guess :)

Most other games have to keep making wholesale changes to keep people interested...as soon as they get bored of the new feature off they go onto something else!

Kick Off 2 wasn't like that, it evolved where it needed to but it retained its funamental's just like the KOA did :)

And look who is laughing now!
durban
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby durban » Thu Dec 31, 2015 2:14 pm

I guess you could look at it other ways, but I like to see things this way.

Three of the worlds most famous landmarks are also 3 of the most visited places on the planet -

The Pyramids of Giza, the Eifel Tower and the Great Wall of China

I don't remember seeing that they had been updated too often in the past few hundred years, didn't seem to cause them too much of an issue because they pretty much got it right first time around :)
Rodolfo
3000+ poster!
3000+ poster!

Postby Rodolfo » Thu Dec 31, 2015 2:58 pm

This is the fuckin KOA!!!

You cannot beat us.

Rodolfo Martín. KO2 Player. KOA member since 2002. FEKO.
Lee W

Postby Lee W » Thu Dec 31, 2015 2:58 pm

hate to say it, but they do need constant fixing ;)

nice post though mark, I know i've not been here long and already had ups n downs, but still, the koa is what got me in touch with other people from all over who love the same game as i do, for which I'll be forever grateful :)
Filthy Lobber-Lee Snow; the basterd son of Camber.
durban
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby durban » Thu Dec 31, 2015 3:01 pm

Yeah they need fixing from time to time, but you wouldn't just rebuild the pyramids and make them square or something ;)

Yes I think the majority of people did the same as you and me mate, looked for Kick off 2 online and up popped the gathering at the top and you click not expecting much and booom!

Hooked... :)
durban
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby durban » Thu Dec 31, 2015 3:01 pm

and anyways, we paint the forums from time to time you know we don't let it get shabby or anything ;)
Robert

Postby Robert » Thu Dec 31, 2015 4:05 pm

The pyramids are square when seen from above. Agree with the rest of what you said!
durban
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby durban » Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:30 pm

I fecking knew some sm@@t a@@e would say that or that each block is rectangular :)