Kick Off Association talk + website Updates, like or dislike

Moderator: Moderators

spiceboy987
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!

WinUAE keymappings

Postby spiceboy987 » Sat Jun 06, 2009 2:37 pm

Hi all, i forgot all about this site!

Anyway, I have re-discovered my love of KO2, after modifying an arcade cabinet. I have KO2 running in it on a 29" screen, with arcade standard Seimitsu sticks and Sanwa buttons.

To interface my controllers I am using an i-pac type device and I have all controls working perfectly except I have no fire button for Player 1 :lol:

I have tried different remapping software and registry hacks but this device is not having it. So heres my request...

Does anyone here know how to change the default keyboard settings within WinUAE? i basically need keyboard layout 2 altering slightly so that 'Right Alt' (for fire button) becomes 'Left Alt'. Can anyone help me!

im too good for the computer A.I. - i need some human opponents. :D
gdh82
6000+ Poster!
6000+ Poster!

Re: WinUAE keymappings

Postby gdh82 » Sat Jun 06, 2009 4:35 pm

Like the sound of your KO2 winuae set-up, Spiceboy! 8) 8) 8)

Others here know much more than me but from a quick look at my winue (v1.2.0), I see there looks to be some useful possiblities if you first select 'Input', which offers a couple of drop down menus. The right-hand drop down should already say 'keyboard'. Changing the left drop down from 'Compatibility Mode' to 'Configuration #1' seems to allow different mappings for each individual key ? From a quick try myself I couldn't crack it but maybe you'll know how to solve it. Good luck!

Btw where abouts do you live ? There may be some human opponents not too far away! :) If you're from over here, you'd be very welcome to join us at the UK Championships of course!
All the goals, the stats, the stories & more from the KO2 WC 2011 - please click here

And click here for everything you'll ever need to know about KO2!
spiceboy987
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!

Postby spiceboy987 » Sat Jun 06, 2009 4:56 pm

gdh82 wrote:Like the sound of your KO2 winuae set-up, Spiceboy! 8) 8) 8)

Others here know much more than me but from a quick look at my winue (v1.2.0), I see there looks to be some useful possiblities if you first select 'Input', which offers a couple of drop down menus. The right-hand drop down should already say 'keyboard'. Changing the left drop down from 'Compatibility Mode' to 'Configuration #1' seems to allow different mappings for each individual key ? From a quick try myself I couldn't crack it but maybe you'll know how to solve it. Good luck!

Btw where abouts do you live ? There may be some human opponents not too far away! :) If you're from over here, you'd be very welcome to join us at the UK Championships of course!

I did have a look at the drop down config options but like yourself, I couldn't seem to get to grips with them... Maybe another knowledgeable member can help? :D

I'm from Hull on the east coast of the UK, don't think there are any decent players still into Kick Off 2 around these parts... They have all moved onto FIFA and PES with the oh-so-realistic graphics and 6 different buttons for kick. I like my old-school stuff!

Mind you, i have been playing the World Cup hack version that i downloaded from here and its a bit hard to score on it. Back in the day i always played the 1meg (genesis/angels) version with overhead kicks and a ref. I'm much better on that. :P
Rayge
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!

Postby Rayge » Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:44 am

I use my own joystick configuration that is automatically loaded with the game, meaning I can use custom settings.

To do this I had to modify the configuration file that is automatically loaded with the game. You can edit it using winuae directly, as described by gdh82 above. You can also customize it with notepad.

I won't go into details now, if you could set up such a machine, editing the config file shouldn't be too difficult for you :)
But forget the game i/o ports menu, the solution is in the input menu, with a custom config. Using a custom config disables the settings from game i/o ports menu.

Hope it helps !

And if you need human opponents, check my signature :D
spiceboy987
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!

Postby spiceboy987 » Sun Jun 07, 2009 2:12 pm

Rayge wrote:I use my own joystick configuration that is automatically loaded with the game, meaning I can use custom settings.

To do this I had to modify the configuration file that is automatically loaded with the game. You can edit it using winuae directly, as described by gdh82 above. You can also customize it with notepad.

I won't go into details now, if you could set up such a machine, editing the config file shouldn't be too difficult for you :)
But forget the game i/o ports menu, the solution is in the input menu, with a custom config. Using a custom config disables the settings from game i/o ports menu.

Hope it helps !

And if you need human opponents, check my signature :D

Ok I have been playing with this function for a while now and I'm not having much luck. I can say this, using the default keyboard setting of cursor keys and right alt, I get directional movement but no fire button for player 1. As soon as I change from 'compatibility mode' to 'configuration mode' in the input drop down, i get no movement at all.

I have looked in notepad but I cant see a way of changing the keystrokes, I can see options for joystick, mouse etc but not key settings :(

EDIT:

Sorted now! I can enjoy some match time instead of tweaking settings!
gdh82
6000+ Poster!
6000+ Poster!

Postby gdh82 » Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:10 pm

spiceboy987 wrote:Sorted now! I can enjoy some match time instead of tweaking settings!

Brilliant news - glad you cracked it! :) And nice one, Rayge - I knew the online lads would be able to help!

spiceboy987 wrote:I'm from Hull on the east coast of the UK, don't think there are any decent players still into Kick Off 2 around these parts... They have all moved onto FIFA and PES with the oh-so-realistic graphics and 6 different buttons for kick. I like my old-school stuff!

Yeah, I'd imagine the guys in Sheffield are probably the closest to you. I always think there' s other players 'out there' waiting to be found though. We've the Active KOA Players (by country) thread which might be worth a look too. I'd guess we're all mostly old-schoolers round here. :)

I imagine if you somehow got a bunch of players together and hosted yourself, you're winuae set-up would be quite an attaction! 8)
All the goals, the stats, the stories & more from the KO2 WC 2011 - please click here

And click here for everything you'll ever need to know about KO2!