Tactic design tips

This forum is dedicated to the original version of Player Manager

Moderator: Moderators

gdh82
6000+ Poster!
6000+ Poster!

Postby gdh82 » Wed Jun 13, 2007 12:17 pm

Steve Camber wrote:In the later versions of KO2CV (with 8 tactics available), the loading of tactics has been disabled for technical reasons.

Thanks for that, Steve. I'll have a mess about soon, see if I can get files to save and load. Then it'll be playtime! :D
All the goals, the stats, the stories & more from the KO2 WC 2011 - please click here

And click here for everything you'll ever need to know about KO2!
Robert Swift

Postby Robert Swift » Wed Jun 13, 2007 12:39 pm

Steve, is there any way to fix this? Otherwise I am stuck with going back to Oracle in order to test and use these tactics.
Steve Camber
Mad! 7000+ poster!
Mad! 7000+ poster!

Postby Steve Camber » Wed Jun 13, 2007 12:41 pm

Robert Swift wrote:Steve, is there any way to fix this? Otherwise I am stuck with going back to Oracle in order to test and use these tactics.

I can re-enable it in a future release..

But if you haven't got an earlier KO2CV to hand, then you might as well use the filth to test out your tactics.
--
SteveC - Kick Off engineer - Ranked somewhere waaaay down the list
18 Dec 2003 - "One day I'm going to disassemble the 68000 code, and find out exactly what's going on in there!! "

Ask me about online KO2 :)
Stainy
4000+ Poster!
4000+ Poster!

Postby Stainy » Wed Jun 13, 2007 1:18 pm

Robert Swift wrote:Steve, is there any way to fix this? Otherwise I am stuck with going back to Oracle in order to test and use these tactics.

Swift: I can image any disk you want.. tactics or KO2cv.. let me know what you want and I`ll image it and send it you..
gdh82
6000+ Poster!
6000+ Poster!

Postby gdh82 » Wed Jun 13, 2007 6:08 pm

Robert Swift wrote:I'm not even sure how to use winuae to save a tactic from pm and then to load it into KO2CV - anyone post a few pointers for me, or is there a thread elsewhere ? (couldn't find one!). I've just about worked out how to create an action replay file - is it similar does anyone know?

Stainy wrote:When the game asks for a blank formatted disk -

1:Press F1
2: Click on Floppy drives ( in Winuae )
3: Click on `Create Standard disk`
4: In the filename box, type in what you want the disk to be called
5: You can also choose where it saves the disk ( remember this )
6: Click `save` this will take you back to the floppy drive screen.
7: At the top ( DF0 ) click on the icon next to eject [..] <--- looks like that
8: Go find the disk you created and double click on it.. or select it and click on open.
9: Press OK at the bottom to get back into your game.. then follow your game prompts to do the disk saving.

:D

Thanks to Stainy's v. helpful post 8), I'm managed to save a test tactic and load it into KO2CV0.71 :D :D :D
All the goals, the stats, the stories & more from the KO2 WC 2011 - please click here

And click here for everything you'll ever need to know about KO2!