Question for Dino Dini - New Player Manager

This forum is dedicated to the original version of Player Manager

Moderator: Moderators

Robert Swift

Postby Robert Swift » Mon Apr 29, 2002 5:01 pm

I have to admit interest in a new PC-based Player Manager game.

I know Dino likes his questions short so:

1) What would be the match engine for this? KO2002? Son-of GOAL? Son-of KO2? Something completely new?

2) Is it possible to make it so that teams and tactics could be exported for use in: KO2002, GOAL!, KO2, all of the above.

There are a lot of very active KO2 players that missed out on the additional dimension of Player Manager. If you could make teams and tactics that are usable in all the current and legacy formats, this would ensure an immediate customer base.
Robert Swift

Postby Robert Swift » Mon Apr 29, 2002 5:43 pm

With idea (2), the integration and backward compatibility would be an excellent feature. MS Word became the dominant format because you could load/save in almost any other existing or previous format.

Same applies with players. Any game where you can load a disk of teams - it's just a case of exporting the necessary info in the right format. Obviously if you have millions of stats like Bravery, Favourite Colour etc. these wouldn't be transferred: only things like Pace, Shooting that would be germane to the game in question.

I could see it adding a lot to KO2002 and KO2 competitions if people come with pre-made teams and tactics. That was, for me, the main benefit of the previous Player Manager.
VKafiris
6000+ Poster!
6000+ Poster!

Postby VKafiris » Tue Apr 30, 2002 7:20 am

The last thing I would like to see in the KOA is two versions of PM rivaling each other (Steve's and Dino's)... At least maybe you guys could work torether *sigh* ?
Vassilis - Official KOA Black Sheep
2016 World Cup XVI (Milan) - Silver Cup Winner
SimonB
2000+ Poster!
2000+ Poster!

Postby SimonB » Tue Apr 30, 2002 8:47 pm

I can vouch for the power of Roberts Arsenal PM team - imagine eleven T1000 terminators in shorts - v strong, never tire, and have multi-processor guidance systems for hitting long range shots with extreme pace and accuracy.
Birmingham 2011 World Cup: 15th best player :)
Robert Swift

Postby Robert Swift » Tue Apr 30, 2002 10:18 pm

In this case, let's see what Vasilis 'Terminator' Vasiliou makes of them!

By the way, my PM teams may seem perfect or invincible to you Simon, but this is only because they are at a much higher level than the default teams. When you regularly use the sides against each other, you find that all the players have their relative merits just like before.

I think you'd agree that the tactic was even more evil than the team. It took me straigght from a 6-2 defeat into an 8-1 win!