Embellishments from me.. Please CONTEMPLATE!

This forum is dedicated to the original version of Player Manager

Moderator: Moderators

arda21
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!

Postby arda21 » Wed Feb 27, 2002 9:53 am

I have been enjoying this a lot so far,
here are some specific ideas from me for
further development so to say :

1- Tactical instructions, I wish that we could be notified instansly about tactical changes and subs in/subs out when
we are actually watching our games in 3d or scanner, so we can follow up and see if these orders we gave really works out or not, it is very hard to notice these changes and if they are been executed correctly in the current interface. What I mean is when we are watching the game on the corner of the screen it could say 'changed to match tactic 2' or something like that, I guess opponent doesn't need to see that, but think about it, in real life two different coaches in the bench could pretty much understand the
changes easily when they are following the game.

2- Transfer negogiations, I am not sure how good and reliable AI is in terms of transfers, I would hope to see busier transfer market (not exaggerated but still..)
we can use up something like 'club reputation' which starts up in the beginning of the game and eventually updates with every result, this hidden value could be an effect when negogiating with various different players (lets say Ginola all of a sudden would want to transfer to a lower team because that team is very competitive at that moment) I think it is actually easier now to transfer players as long as you can pay them off in the current version, but also it seems it is way to hard to sell and get any good bids, I think they both need to be more balanced.

3- I read many different issues in terms of how player's attributes have a reflect on the game, it seems really spontaneous time to time, most of the time for most of us, BUT my biggest concern was the SPEED/PACE of the players, OK most of the players are 90+ in premier league level, but when you actually watch in the game (maybe 3D more) they don't run and attack that fast if you compare the distance they travel in any given moment comparing to their PACE value, and this gets even worse for lower paced players, so I think attributes over 90+ should run faster as well as lower values, or I think we should be more selective on who we rate higher
and on the other hand make slower paced players a bit more logically faster in the engine, I don't know, this one is really difficult to express in words, I guess you guys would know what I feel specially if you are watching the games from 3D

4- There has been absolutely no refrees in my games, ok sometimes it works for me as my player constantly crashes in opponent's player and snatches the ball, with the same exact style of tackling, sometimes vice versa, I like tackling and pressing, but there should be better refreeing as sometimes things get absolutely out of hand, as well as more fouls different kinds of tackles..(just one more or two with a different outcome).

5- I am saying more fouls/freekicks should be given right ? well at the same time keepers need to be more agile! the keepers have been an absolute joke... they are sticked to their post when a forward is coming 100 miles and hour and I haven't seen a keeper come out to try to smother the ball yet.. am i wrong?

6- one more thing, in the corners and freekicks players waste so MUCH time, before taking the set pieces, in the corners they raise up their arms to signal or something,
and I am waiting there I am 0-1 down, minutes are passing like crazy, sometimes I have seen them spending 2-3 minutes of game type while taking one bloody corner! which team would do this when they are losing by 1 in last 10 minutes? what do you guys think?

I UTTERLY ENJOY THE GAME SO FAR, THESE ARE JUST MY RECENT IDEAS THAT I WANTED TO SHARE WITH ALL DUE RESPECT TO STEVE AND ALL OF YOU, THIS HAS BEEN ONE OF THE MOST INTERESTING GAMING EXPERIENCES FOR ME,

thank you,
arda
Ely
4000+ Poster!
4000+ Poster!

Postby Ely » Wed Feb 27, 2002 10:31 am

I'd like to know when I get players sent off. I was told at the end of my last match that Lucas Radebe has been suspended for 3 games for a Red Card, never saw that in the Game !!!!
NewEly - He is here sometimes...................
http://www.wayoftherodent.com
durban
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby durban » Wed Feb 27, 2002 11:10 am

Arda mate, I completely agree with the first point. I would like a little message on screen whenever a sub is made so I know that the player is on etc, or when the tactics change to 4-3-3 etc.

Not much of an improvement but can't be hard to implement.

M
No longer the only UK based Liverpool, Nottingham Forest and Crewe supporter in the whole of the KOA!!!
arda21
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!

Postby arda21 » Wed Feb 27, 2002 12:01 pm

yeah thats what I thought durban,
some of these are not necessarily major
changes, just patches to let the game
reach its full potential i think
VKafiris
6000+ Poster!
6000+ Poster!

Postby VKafiris » Fri Mar 15, 2002 11:33 am

Patches for PM cannot be made now. It's toooooooooooooooo late for that!
Vassilis - Official KOA Black Sheep
2016 World Cup XVI (Milan) - Silver Cup Winner