The end to all the rumours

KO2002 and the KOA in the spotlight!

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators

Danne
5000+ Poster!
5000+ Poster!

Postby Danne » Wed Apr 21, 2004 7:48 am

Gerie wrote:Well said Danne!! the most cheapest way to react to the matter.
Do you think it is strange Steve hasn't answered your mails yet?

How dare you call someone a fraud, whilst two days ago you even didn't have the guts to post with your normal username....

I hope Steve will pay you soon mate, so you can leave the forum again!

I didn't say that Steve is a fraud. He simply isnt. He has declared that he will pay the shareholders back just like any honest guy would. He has also started the refunding process by refunding the biggest shareholders back. I just said that he would be a fraud if he would follow Freshmakers suggestion and refuse to refund the shareholders (those who want). I did that to clarify that Freshmakers example with the bancrupt company isnt a situation that we are dealing with here.

I can agree that there are moral circumstances that make you consider whether to demand your money back or not. However I think (just as the 99% majority here) that that is up to each shareholder to decide for them selves.

Let me also clarify that my email to Steve was extremely polite, where I thank him for all his work with the new generation Kick Off football games , I told him I am sorry that I am in a financial situation where I need to ask for my money back. I and all other shareholders appriciate Steves work. I am totally convinced of that.
Last edited by Danne on Wed Apr 21, 2004 9:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
TomasV

Postby TomasV » Wed Apr 21, 2004 8:30 am

Well after reading this long topic. I think there is every reason to ask money back. We are all are sorry for the situation for Steve. But I dissapointed because we didnt receive information about thing for long time. I would like to get in contact with him not onley about the money thing. It's however your right to ask for your money back. Its not fair to blame some one for this just you think you dont need it (dont take this decision for some one else.

I still be here around not leaving, I do hope to get refund too! But I hope this community will also be place again to discuss things. And respect eachother for that.
Abyss

Postby Abyss » Wed Apr 21, 2004 8:47 am

I think Tomas is right. Some of us, the vast majority it seems, aren't willing to ask for money back, but we can't make this decision for the others as well. If some people want their money back, whether it's 40 euros or 4000 euros, they should have it back. I have stated from the very beginning that I don't want the few euros I sent back, but it would have been my right to.

I disagree with Jorn on the comparison to having shares from a bankrupt company, because the whole shareholding issue seemed more like lending money to me - were there any actual shares issued after all? As far as I know, there were none.

With KO04 there was no shareholding, people just prepaid for the product and got the beta as well. So in this case it's also fair to ask for money

This community owes more than much to Steve, but we also did some good things for him.

It seems that most members' feelings toward Danne (I never actively participated in the UPM, KO02 and 04 forums, so I don't really have an opinion on him) affect their judgement on the refunding issue.

Since, Tomas and Danne, two shareholders who have spent 40 eur each, want their money back.They should have them. Our personal feelings for them or for Steve shouldn't affect this. I especially share the slight bitterness of Tomas, that we were never ever informed about anything. I can understand the reasoning behind it, but the (slight) bitterness remains. That is however another issue alltogether.
Gerie
2000+ Poster!
2000+ Poster!

Postby Gerie » Wed Apr 21, 2004 9:08 am

Some of us have a very personal history out of conversations from the KO04/UPM forums......
Everybody is on their own in contacting Steve about refunding.
The anger displayed to Danne comes out of the way he left and returned to the forum............
....."snow" man of the KOA.....
TheFoxSoft

Postby TheFoxSoft » Wed Apr 21, 2004 9:24 am

Abyss wrote:
TheFoxSoft wrote:I hope i wrote in a good englsh and thre will be no misunderstandings.

Gianluca, we all love you and your peacemaking incentives... but your english sucks :lol:

hehehehe :D
alkis21

Postby alkis21 » Wed Apr 21, 2004 8:04 pm

Ok I contacted Steve and he told me that those who insist on getting the money they paid for one share back will be refunded, however they will have to wait because as Danne said there's a priority list, he's dealing with them in order of the number of shares purchased. Almost all fairly big shareholders have already been refunded by the way. This topic will be locked from now on, for further information please contact Steve at screech@btinternet.com
Remember, remember, the 4th and the 3rd of November
Abyss

Postby Abyss » Thu Apr 22, 2004 7:45 am

alkis21 wrote:This topic will be locked from now on, for further information please contact Steve at screech@btinternet.com

Locking topics is a bit extreme though...
manicx
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby manicx » Thu Apr 29, 2004 7:05 am

Agree with Spyros. Topic unlocked. We should use the other moderating options first (warnings, PMs, delete posts etc) before locking a topic. We are a small community where we know each other well. No need to be extreme...

I am off now...
JamesHBeard
The guru!
The guru!

Postby JamesHBeard » Thu Apr 29, 2004 9:04 am

I also agree with Cyclops :)
WC - QF 2001,2002, SilverCup Winner 2006, Best Defence 2006
UKC - Winner 2005
Newent 2008 Championship Winner

Hi ! My name is James and I have been KO2 free since 8th March 2009.
Calimero
2000+ Poster!
2000+ Poster!

Postby Calimero » Thu Apr 29, 2004 11:38 am

I contacted Steve by E-mail and told him that he could keep the money I gave him for UPM and KO2004.

He thanked me and said he felt sorry he couldn't finish the games.

I'm sure he will refund the money if anyone asks him and tells him where to send it to. He's just that nice a guy :)
JamesHBeard
The guru!
The guru!

Postby JamesHBeard » Thu Apr 29, 2004 12:59 pm

As long as Steve turns up to the UK Champs this year then all is forgiven :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
WC - QF 2001,2002, SilverCup Winner 2006, Best Defence 2006
UKC - Winner 2005
Newent 2008 Championship Winner

Hi ! My name is James and I have been KO2 free since 8th March 2009.
Gerie
2000+ Poster!
2000+ Poster!

Postby Gerie » Thu Apr 29, 2004 4:18 pm

He may even turn up in Holland to join us at a 2002 tourney.....

....."snow" man of the KOA.....
Freshmaker

Postby Freshmaker » Fri Apr 30, 2004 7:45 am

Gerie wrote:He may even turn up in Holland to join us at a 2002 tourney.....

..... and when will that be.... :?:
-----------------------------
Silver Cup 2019, LAA 2015, reigning Scandinavian Champ
Founder of FÖKOF, FAKO and The People's Lockout!
WC-Host 2014 and 2017
Il portiere è mongoloide!
http://www.yearnlydom.rocks
I'm a Norwegian boy, I make rock music