How do we bring UPM to the masses?

KO2002 and the KOA in the spotlight!

Moderator: Moderators

Durbz
3000+ poster!
3000+ poster!

Postby Durbz » Sat Jun 15, 2002 2:50 am

Guys I believe I have a marketing idea for UPM.
If this idea has already been proposed then excuse my ignorance and disregard this note.

We should run a competition in as many PC magazines or PC websites as possible to win UPM shares. I believe this would be a very inexpensive way of advertising our product.

The competition could read something like “Ever wanted to be a part of the decision process during the design of a game”

Ever thought that you could do better? Well now you have a chance through this brilliant competition to win shares in the upcoming Steve Screech game “Ultimate Player Manager”
The piece could then go on to describe UPM, the shares and their entitlements a little bit of history behind Kickoff and Player manager (to attract the old farts that remember them). Throw in a plug for Kickoff2002, add a link to ko-gathering.com and “Roberts your Fathers Brother”. The word is out.
Basically for a 25-pound outlay we could get a full-page advertisement in a PC magazine.

Of course a competition would mean an outlay of shares but I think the end justifies the means.

Steve had to come up with a way of semi financing his game; out of desperation he chose the share offer. Who ever suggested this method? Well “I take my hat off to you” because its an absolutely brilliant idea and I reckon its one that will be copied in the future by other software houses.
*No! Not that guy, I’m the other guy!*

"If only you could see what I've seen with your eyes"
Danny D
4000+ Poster!
4000+ Poster!

Postby Danny D » Mon Jul 08, 2002 2:03 pm

not a bad idea, have you talked to Steve ?
"We are now on the threshold of a newer movement, with a newer hope and a new inspiration."
James Larkin
Davetoast
6000+ Poster!
6000+ Poster!

Postby Davetoast » Mon Jul 08, 2002 2:14 pm

This one's already been done in the UPM forum Danny, you'll find it there if you want a look.
Final Whistle Crusader and President of The FWA.