to all kick off player: let's vote for the Koa World Cup!

KO2002 and the KOA in the spotlight!

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators

filippodb
2000+ Poster!
2000+ Poster!
Location: Supposed to be in Rome (but usually in Venice - Italy)

to all kick off player: let's vote for the Koa World Cup!

Postby filippodb » Tue Sep 11, 2007 11:18 pm

Ok, guys It's less than 2 months to the world cup and the WC promotion is started, as you already know in Italy the promotion will be broadcasted firstly by a major radiostation and secondly by a major mailing list of 2000+ members of the italian kick off association.
For those wondering: I'm the owner of the world cup website and thus automatically responsable for online promotion

as for international guests from now on I INVITE EVERY KICK OFF PLAYER to register on this websites:

DIGG

REDDIT

NETSCAPE

That are the major social news on the planet.
What is a social news (or social bookmarking)? It's a news site driven by people. People put a news, other people vote it and if there're a lot of votes it'll show up on the home page.

This websites have together a couple of millions of users that will usually produce thousands of visitors to websites showed on home page.

They mainly have news for Geeks from all over the world so we can expect a lot of people being interested and maybe to post on their blog about kick off and the world championship

If this will works we'll have firstly a huge number of new players and secondly a lot of new koa members interested on kick off development, throw in and local tournaments (maybe new coders for KO2PC??)

I hope to be clear on this, it's a great oppurtunity to make a big step on koa popularity so go on that websites and register, I'll post the news about the world cup on monday when we'll have an updated attending-list so keep in touch with this forum.

I'll send this message also to a few hundreds of international email that I have collected on this years so maybe we have enough power to make the world cup really popular along the web.
Last edited by filippodb on Fri Sep 14, 2007 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
filippodb
2000+ Poster!
2000+ Poster!

Postby filippodb » Thu Sep 13, 2007 3:48 pm

Since the Gianluca interview on the italian radiostation will be broadcasted later in october the link to the wc organization will be pubblish few weeks later until we'll have a bigger number of players registered.
Troglos

Postby Troglos » Thu Sep 13, 2007 4:18 pm

Can you explain me better what good is those links showed for the next wc?
Also in Italian or via pm.

I haven't understood.
if you remove the speed, you take away the fun.
Steve1977
2000+ Poster!
2000+ Poster!

Postby Steve1977 » Thu Sep 13, 2007 4:54 pm

Ok, guys It's less than 2 months to the world cup and the WC promotion is started, as you already know in Italy the promotion will be broadcasted firstly by a major radiostation and secondly by a major mailing list of 2000+ members of the italian kick off association.

Are you going to send messages to everyone in the normal KOA as well?
World Cup 2009 - 8th Place
World Cup 2008 - 19th Place
Stainy
4000+ Poster!
4000+ Poster!

Postby Stainy » Fri Sep 14, 2007 7:52 am

Also the DIGG link points to REDDIT. :lol:
gdh82
6000+ Poster!
6000+ Poster!

Re: to all kick off player: let's vote for the Koa World Cup

Postby gdh82 » Fri Sep 14, 2007 8:30 am

filippodb wrote:I hope to be clear on this, it's a great oppurtunity to make a big step on koa popularity so go on that websites and register.

Sounds like exciting developments - good luck! :)

Will these various websites be offering links to all KOA forums ? Both italian ones, the german one and the uk forum ? The web being the web of course, you could discover people from anywhere in the world! 8)
All the goals, the stats, the stories & more from the KO2 WC 2011 - please click here

And click here for everything you'll ever need to know about KO2!
filippodb
2000+ Poster!
2000+ Poster!

Postby filippodb » Fri Sep 14, 2007 2:03 pm

this is an example from digg (link fixed):

http://digg.com/gaming_news/Throw_in_th ... _available

once registered u can vote (digg) on the news, a lot of votes makes the link "popular" thus al lot of people will see the news and click on the link. We are talking about few thousand of new visitors if the link is showed on the homepage.

I already tried before without any luck, seems most of readers are young americans talking about PS3, wii, xbox and retro is all about Nintendo, but for the World cup we can give it a try, maybe with a title like: "the biggest retro-arcade competition with a soccer game it's going to happen in Italy" we can find more people interested. Of course if it works we can use it again with other tournaments.

But we need a lot of koa members involved and few hundreds of votes to get a decent visibility so it's not that easy.
But since it's free I decided to give it a try, if we vote all together maybe we can reach a great visibility, I'll use also some hundreds of email contacts from Italy and abroad, so maybe it'll work for the WC.