Nations WC... An idea for the distant future!

Talk about any Kick Off Tournament here.

Moderator: Moderators

Panayotis7

Postby Panayotis7 » Fri Dec 27, 2002 2:43 am

i was thinking that the way the WC was done was smth like Champions League, meaning that it was representatives of the countries, not the countries themselves, playing... Rikki winning the world cup was more like an english team winning a title... so how about a WC that the countries are the ones that take place?!

how can this be accomplished? i think it's almost impossible but here's the way i'm thinking of it... it will be smth like each country has a certain number of players (equal for each country, eg 8 ) and then there will be 8 (or as many as each country's players) groups where 1 of the players will play, not with his name but with his country's name... so group A for example could be:

Greece (played by Alkis)
England (Rikki)
Norway (Klaus)

Group B

Greece (George)
England (Robert)
Norway (Glenn)

etc etc... and when the games are over there'll be one final standing with the total points each country gained from each group

i know it's impossible (i said that above) cause there can never be so many players from all the countries available to fly to CountryX to play... don't know, just thought i'd say it!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Panayotis7 on 2002-12-27 03:46 ]</font>