Here's the rules from the last World Cup:
Kick Off 2 version: Kick Off 2 Competition Version (KO2CV) V.1.18B (512Kb)
1) Each game's duration is 2 halves of 5 minutes.
2) Random referee*
3) Normal pitch*
4) Wind off*
5) Team A Vs Team B, International Skill Level
6) Team A = Team B in all matches
7) Yellow Vs Dark Blue kit design setup
Defaults scanner size*
9) Aftertouch On
10) 100% speed
11) Default lineups
12) Tactics allowed are: 4-2-4, 4-3-3, 4-4-2, 5-3-2, Balanced, Blitz, Falcon, Lockout, and can be selected any time during the game. Pressing 1,2,3,4,5,6,7 and 8 of keyboard and numpad respectively for team A and B.
13) If the Amiga crashes at any point during the game, the players should begin a new game starting with the same score they had at the time of the crash and for the approximate duration of the time
that was remaining. If the players and the people who were watching the match cannot agree on the time of the crash, they should play for the maximum time the agree on. (Ie: If player A says there were 4 minutes remaining and player B says there 3, they will play a 4 minute game). In any case, the score will not change; it will always be the score they had at the time of the crash. If some players were sent off before the crash, they will remain off the pitch. We expect the players to be honest and base their estimations on fair play.
To remove a player from the pitch, pause the game, press ] and use the cursor keys to select him and R to remove/return him. To change the time remaining, press ] again and use the Time Menu.
14) In leagues, the players will be sorted by:
a) Most points
b) Most points in the match(es) between them
c) Most goals in the match(es) between them
d) Greatest goal difference
e) Most goals scored
f) In the unlikely event of a tie in all of the above, a playoff match
15) In knockout matches, the winner is the player who scores the most goals (no away goals rule). If both player have scored the same number of goals after the two games, they should play two halves
of extra time (1:40 min each). If the score is still even after extra time, qualification will be decided on penalty kicks.
When you start the second leg of a playoff match, you must pause the game at the beginning and use the cursor keys to activate the “second leg” option and set the score of the first leg. If the aggregate score after the two matches is a tie, overtime will start automatically.
Advanced KO2CV options:
Auto Slide Fix: ON*
PBD: Free selection
Trap fix: OFF*
* These rules may change just only if both players agree, otherwise default rule rules. Use "9" key to toggle given agreed setting.