New rule proposal: Get rid of penalty kicks

Talk about any Kick Off Tournament here.

Moderators: Rodolfo, Moderators, Rodolfo, Moderators

Do you agree to play additional extra times instead of penalties?

I agree, let's do this.
40%
I disagree, let's leave things as they are.
52%
I don't care either way.
8%

Total votes: 25
Logos

Re: New rule proposal: Get rid of penalty kicks

Postby Logos » Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:44 pm

Sure, I get your point with the tension in real life penalty kicks Gianni, however, KO2 penalty kicks have no sensation of staying calm in a storm for me, it feels more like an anti-climactic tedium of simply tapping the button at the right moment until one of the players finally misses the tap by a fraction of a second. Moreover, I've never understood the logic or appreciated the concept of concluding a great game with a tie-breaker of a completely different game. It’s like deciding who wins a drawn game of Grand Master level chess by playing a tie-breaker with Pong.

I think tennis is a good example of how to resolve a drawn match with the tie-breaker set, at least they still continue to play tennis until the death.

I would dread for a World Cup Final to be won on penalties and if I were the victor of that final I would not feel like a champion.

Nevertheless, I’m just giving my personal thoughts on the matter and accept whatever conclusion is drawn.
Torchiador
3000+ poster!
3000+ poster!

Postby Torchiador » Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:45 pm

You used a very nice comparison that I like, I am also used to compare Kick Off to table tennis as there is a load of common points in the game dynamics between KO2 and TT.
Anyway I think penalties are still soccer and not pong, I mean, to kick a round ball to the goal using your foot in front of the goal keeper, I do think we can fairly say that it still soccer, considering that penalty kicks belong to the usual flow of the soccer match.
Then in KO2 you are right, it is completely and unrealistically unbalanced in advantage of the striker in comparison of the goal keeper. much more than in real soccer. this is why I would prefer a surgical solution on the goalkeeper, rather than to use a good solution (extra time) that don't belong to real soccer soccer world. As we like to think we are playing a soccer game, like in a real soccer world cup.

I'd like to preserve the penalty kicks because in my opinion they make much "real soccer" rather than a fair solution that is less real soccer.
Vag

Postby Vag » Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:16 am

Abyss wrote:I prefer it the way it is

I totally agree, it's a part of both football and Kick Off.

I think the only change should be a better keeper during penalties. Some times he just doesn't move, I think that if the player doesn't push the button, the keeper should do something randomly (including not moving, rarely). That's a little like tossing a coin, but the goal would depend on the shooter as well (in real football, penalties are also like tossing a coin, you have to be lucky to win). In any case, a better keeper would mean more realistic scores (e.g. like this) and less tiredness.
Click here and here.
LORENZO L
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!

Postby LORENZO L » Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:48 am

Dear friends, I'm sorry but you're not knowledgable about some things.
the goalkeeper is able to fend off penalty kicks!
I have supervised this year Milan on penalties between dear Alkins and Lorenzo C. .. and I saw PARRY well two penalties by Lorenzo! But the fault was not of Alkins but the fact that Lorenzo is a great player by PLAYER MANAGER and knows every way to do it.
I'm not totally agree to modify the characteristics of the goalkeeper in the penalty kicks because I could ask the same thing myself in Kick off routine.
If you really want to get closer to the "real" football then we should put custom tactics or the offside etc. ..
All this would change name to our beloved game, so the limit in important games add two extra times hoping that players do not fall to the ground from exhaustion :lolo:
Silver Cup 2010 Dusseldorf, Germany
Best Defender 2016 Milan, Italy
Silver Cup 2018 Bournemouth, England
2° Position 2022 Athens, Greece
World Cup presences n° 11
Torchiador
3000+ poster!
3000+ poster!

Postby Torchiador » Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:36 pm

Lorenzo, Bunny Bunny Tommaso is surely good, but a perfect ground ball is not catchable by the goalkeeper. so we can fairly say it was a fault of Alkis or st least a contributory negligence...
Logos

Postby Logos » Tue Feb 14, 2017 4:46 pm

Torchiador wrote:Bunny Bunny
:lol: :lol: :lol:
LORENZO L
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!

Postby LORENZO L » Tue Feb 14, 2017 4:55 pm

:lol: :lol: di Bunnu bunny Rambo. :mrgreen:
Silver Cup 2010 Dusseldorf, Germany
Best Defender 2016 Milan, Italy
Silver Cup 2018 Bournemouth, England
2° Position 2022 Athens, Greece
World Cup presences n° 11
iankay
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!

Postby iankay » Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:15 pm

I really don't want Golden Goal - kick off lob and all over. I'm undecided about extra extra time, Silver Goal or leaving as it is.
I don't enjoy KO2 penalty shoot-outs because they are like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kg0kF-IMd00 but it does have a psychological effect during extra time when you think "I must score this, or we have to have penalties..."
I agree with Gianni that it is a shame that the one time we can control the goalkeeper, it so rarely succeeds. Although, is it my imagination, or is it easier to get the goalkeeper to dive for a penalty during normal time, than during a penalty shoot out?
Last edited by iankay on Sat Nov 25, 2017 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MicheleL
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!

Postby MicheleL » Wed Feb 15, 2017 5:56 am

I Voted.
For me are fun the rigors of KO2.
Indeed it would be pretty trying once during a world to create an elimination style tennis game board featuring challenges only penalty. Also to give opportunity to a mediocre player to prevail on a Big :)
thor

Postby thor » Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:51 pm

There are some rules where a setting can be used if both players agree.
Fred/Typical
alkis21

Postby alkis21 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:31 am

This is not one of them, though.
Remember, remember, the 4th and the 3rd of November
thor

Postby thor » Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:31 am

I know, I was just thinking that a potential change could be to allow the no-shootout option if both players agreed, rather than doing away with shootouts. Less controversial.
Fred/Typical
Freshmaker

Postby Freshmaker » Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:46 am

It's worth considering.
-----------------------------
Silver Cup 2019, LAA 2015, reigning Scandinavian Champ
Founder of FÖKOF, FAKO and The People's Lockout!
WC-Host 2014 and 2017
Il portiere è mongoloide!
http://www.yearnlydom.rocks
I'm a Norwegian boy, I make rock music