Thank You Gianni and Milano

Talk about any Kick Off Tournament here.

Moderators: Rodolfo, Moderators, Rodolfo, Moderators

durban
Site Admin
Site Admin

Thank You Gianni and Milano

Postby durban » Mon Nov 14, 2016 8:09 pm

Thank you to all the Italians for another great weekend.

Gianni you are the best you should host a world up every second year.

Thanks also to Alessandro, Sandro and the beautiful wives of the KOA, and of course the other Italians who helped make it such a great event.
No longer the only UK based Liverpool, Nottingham Forest and Crewe supporter in the whole of the KOA!!!
Freshmaker

Re: Thank You Gianni and Milano

Postby Freshmaker » Mon Nov 14, 2016 8:48 pm

I've just walked in the door at home, and been thinking the same as Mark writes.

I would like to offer my heartfelt thank you to everyone taking part in making this such a fantastic weekend, of course, especially Gianni, as the main host. But also to Mariachiara who, with a newborn baby, allows Gianni to take on the task of hosting for us all. Everyone helping out, both Italians and others, you are all amazing.
-----------------------------
Silver Cup 2019, LAA 2015, reigning Scandinavian Champ
Founder of FÖKOF, FAKO and The People's Lockout!
WC-Host 2014 and 2017
Il portiere è mongoloide!
http://www.yearnlydom.rocks
I'm a Norwegian boy, I make rock music
thonglith
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!

Postby thonglith » Mon Nov 14, 2016 9:38 pm

I do applaud to this thread as indeed it was very nice and friendly first World Cup attendance for me! And all of this thanks to the local organization team and the friendly attitude of all players! I'm not usually fond of swear words but hearing them shout with such satisfaction or frustration did highlight how much people were truly passionate about playing kick off, and man it felt good to stay a couple of days in that funny atmosphere!

Hope someday we'll be able to organize the same kind of event here in France.
Bravo again to everyone!
Rodolfo
3000+ poster!
3000+ poster!

Postby Rodolfo » Mon Nov 14, 2016 10:06 pm

Thanks a lot for making this miracle happen again. It was fantastic.

Rodolfo Martín. KO2 Player. KOA member since 2002. FEKO.
KONEY
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!

Postby KONEY » Mon Nov 14, 2016 11:09 pm

thanks to Gianni for the organization and to everybody for being so friendly! I had a lot of fun :)
niorflan
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!

Postby niorflan » Mon Nov 14, 2016 11:47 pm

MERCI!
After 15 years France finaly joined this amazing worldcup!
Gianni and all his mates did an amazing work to organize this and I join u guyz to send all my thanks!
We will organize some French turnament in France and hopefully will be able to host the worldcup there in a couple of years (my wife is not aware...)
Thanks again guyz, and good luck to be back in your normal life.
Florian
Florian, officialy #1 kickoff 2 player in France!
Torchiador
3000+ poster!
3000+ poster!

Postby Torchiador » Tue Nov 15, 2016 10:58 am

Thank you very much, mates! :D
Much appreciated!
My detailed thank you post will come as soon as I complete my organiser duties! working on numbers now!
World Cup is not over yet ;)
Logos

Postby Logos » Tue Nov 15, 2016 11:09 am

Thank you Gianni, Alessandro, Sandro, your beautiful families and all the other Italians that helped to make this fantastic event happen!

It's the most fun I've ever had at a WC and it's all thanks to you.
alkis21

Postby alkis21 » Tue Nov 15, 2016 8:58 pm

Thank you guys for your incredible hard work and your awesome hospitality.
Remember, remember, the 4th and the 3rd of November
Lee W

Postby Lee W » Tue Nov 15, 2016 9:28 pm

Thank you Gianni, you and your team did a fantastic job. we had such a good time in Milan, it was great to meet some new people too, all of whom I very much hope to see again asap!
Filthy Lobber-Lee Snow; the basterd son of Camber.
Torchiador
3000+ poster!
3000+ poster!

Postby Torchiador » Mon Nov 21, 2016 12:17 am

Thanks to everyone of you who joined the world cup. It's been special.
There is a quote of JFK I like much: "ask not what your country can do for you! ask what you can do for your country." change the word "country" with "World Cup" and you can understand why I've been so happy organising this world cup: I felt that everyone was there having this in the heart. What I can do for my world cup.
Friday's night "human chain" from cousin's van to the venue to set up the hardware, is the picture that resume somehow that sentence. everyone was there for their world cup
So thank you to have been in Milan making this this world cup so fun!
Thanks to Maria Chiara, being active part as organiser, caring about the t-shirts logo and above all, supporting me in my crazy decision to organise this world cup, while were having a new baby, to face 2 moves, and a new apartment to set up.
You know, for the most of the world cup attendees, the world cup week end it is long 4 days, from Friday to Monday. well for a few of us, the world cup week end is long 12 months. to them I want to say a big thanks: Alkis, Robert, Rodolfo, Mark, Jorn, Andy, Steve. Thanks for everything.
A special thanks goes to Alessandro. You don't see him on the forum, on facebook is isn't so social with the keyboard. but you know who much he is social when we meet all together! Cousin cares about the KOA much more than you could expect it. he is always looking at ebay or similar to find a good monitor, a good tv or amiga at a reasonable price. He is not a collector or an Amiga lover. he is a KOA lover.
He is very helpful during the week end too.
A special thanks also to my brother Sandro for the great support he game us during the week end, providing his esperience for the great streaming we had and helping me in many situations.

Now I'l like to thank you let people understand how many things are behind the world cup:
Thanks to everyone who brought their amigas, I mean: Mario, Fabio, Lorenzo, Rambo, Alessandro, Flavio, Denny, Koney, Paolo and Luigi (who wasn't there but with great altruism, he gave us his amiga and monior). and thanks to my mother! I use half of here basement to store Amiga and TVs!!!
Thanks to Mark W aka our Durban to prepare the world cup registration site. always very fast to help me when I need something.
Thanks to Alkis for great job he did with the seeding and, above all, the big help he gave me during the week end.
Thanks to Steve, providing all the features we love in KO2CV and for the great support in to keep the KOA in the tournament room in touch with the KOA at home.
Thanks to Rodolfo, Jorn and Alkis in to define the right format to adopt for the world cup.
Thanks to Gabriele serving the KOA in one of the hardest task a person can have: to comfort warriors that must communicate a defeat and engrave it in the records. Not easy for him when he had to record the disqualification of his father due to Oliver's hand!
Thanks to Jacob who provided the very nice KO2CV disks we used for the world cup and that probably, some of you have got as Milan Souvenir! they were fantastic with a very professional label.
Thanks to the Hotel Concorde. I do think they were very professional. never seen such a good internet connection in the tournament room (in hotel too). if we had a VERY good streaming, it is because they provided a stunning internet infrastructure. Overall I think it was the best ratio ever between quality and price.
I want to say thanks also to the 4 new guys who joined the world cup for the first time: I mean Luis, Leo, Olivier and Florian. than you very much to join the fun.
Thanks also to the guys who decided to join the world cup having to leave very early, Like Leo, Luis, PeterS and specially to Frank who had to leave at open stage, leaving there his very good chances to bring the silver cup at home. and the same was for Peter (for the bronze)! I really hope you can take one day off more next year!
Thanks for the friendship of everyone of you. It was a memorable week end.
I know, many things could be better and I must improve much as organiser, but, I do think we had a lot of fun though.
Hope to see you all again next year and long live the KOA!
Freshmaker

Postby Freshmaker » Mon Nov 21, 2016 8:34 am

Torchiador wrote:Thanks to everyone of you who joined the world cup. It's been special.

Hope to see you all again next year and long live the KOA!

YESSSSSSS!!!!
-----------------------------
Silver Cup 2019, LAA 2015, reigning Scandinavian Champ
Founder of FÖKOF, FAKO and The People's Lockout!
WC-Host 2014 and 2017
Il portiere è mongoloide!
http://www.yearnlydom.rocks
I'm a Norwegian boy, I make rock music