World Cup Voting

Talk about any Kick Off Tournament here.

Moderators: Rodolfo, Moderators, Rodolfo, Moderators

Lee W

Re: World Cup Voting

Postby Lee W » Sun Dec 20, 2015 11:55 pm

a vote doesn't always tell the full story of what's fair... it just shows that more people (from who are allowed to or know about a vote) favour their method and screw the others
Filthy Lobber-Lee Snow; the basterd son of Camber.
Robert

Postby Robert » Mon Dec 21, 2015 12:04 am

Lee I think you are confusing the KOA with FIFA. If there was evidence that anyone here was getting rich (we wish) out of this then all these accusations about 'corruption' and rigged votes might sound reasonable.

I repeat what I said before, we're all unpaid enthusiasts donating time and money to try and keep everyone happy. Based on my own experience I would suggest that everyone who has organised a World Cup since Screech in 2001 has done so at a personal financial loss. It's pretty much the opposite of FIFA here.
Jam King

Postby Jam King » Mon Dec 21, 2015 12:07 am

I'm not sure he is talking about money rob.
Simon K officially has the best defence in the world, not just the UK but the world !!! AGAIN!!!!!
Lee W

Postby Lee W » Mon Dec 21, 2015 12:08 am

i'm just stating that a vote gives two fingers to the losers while the winners get how they want to play... where in that insinuates corruption?

at least with the proposed rule, all get to play how they prefer to play, just not all of the time

Pretty lousy accusation to throw at me
Jam King

Postby Jam King » Mon Dec 21, 2015 12:13 am

What you have to accept here rob is that this looks all very dodgy, whether it is or not, it looks it. A simple bid that is different to norm has gone nuclear, with people pulling rule books out of their arse at the last minute, and people suddenly disappearing off the forum, it's actually comical to watch.
Simon K officially has the best defence in the world, not just the UK but the world !!! AGAIN!!!!!
Robert

Postby Robert » Mon Dec 21, 2015 12:19 am

Lee you mentioned the word 'corruption' in an earlier post.

As far as votes go, I would agree with you Lee if the only choices were Trapfix ON and Trapfix OFF. Let's say that 60% of the KOA is anti trapfix and 40% is pro. If we have a vote and it's 60/40, it's not great then if 40% then don't turn up to the World Cup.

However there are other flavours available i.e. "if both players agree" (VETO option) and the "Team A Chooses" option. This makes it a grey area where we might allow pro and anti to co-exist in the same tournament. Point is that out of the four available rule flavours, one should be selected by a vote - especially as it's not obvious which is the currently most popular, with the last actual vote being four World Cups ago.

Simon it's not dodgy. I estimate there were up to 10 people posting here that would vote "Birmingham and Trapfix OFF" if that option was available. Obviously we will never know how many as you withdrew without offering that option. Those people were asking you to "see reason" and allow them the chance to vote on it, you were asking those people to "see reason" and accept you had offered a fair solution which was already a compromise and didn't require any more compromise. In the end, neither convinced the other. It was about as productive as a Christian and a Muslim trying to convert the other to their religion. WHY DON'T THEY SEE IT MY WAY???.... they look up and ask to the heavens.

In the end, if you're offering something to people, they ask you to change it, you obstinately refuse to change it, they obstinately refuse to accept it... well, in that case everyone is being obstinate.

No one won this argument.
Lee W

Postby Lee W » Mon Dec 21, 2015 12:27 am

i mentioned the word 'corruption'??!! that's your fkn excuse for saying i was accusing people of being corrupt???

you mentioned 'muslim' does that automatically mean you're racist???
Robert

Postby Robert » Mon Dec 21, 2015 12:28 am

Lee W wrote:Retrospectively introducing rules, cancelling the vote, just seems like corruption...

Did you say this or not.
Lee W

Postby Lee W » Mon Dec 21, 2015 12:30 am

just seems like... is that an accusation??? is it fuck... stop being a fuckin idiot rob, twisting words to suit is pathetic
Robert

Postby Robert » Mon Dec 21, 2015 12:32 am

There you go again. Not satisfied with accusing people of corruption, you call them a "fucking idiot" and "pathetic" next.

In the eyes of a neutral person you undermine your own arguments, and credibility, behaving like this.
Lee W

Postby Lee W » Mon Dec 21, 2015 12:34 am

you carry on sunshine.
Robert

Postby Robert » Mon Dec 21, 2015 12:37 am

Sunshine is a lot nicer. Sounds almost pleasant. Love you too, darling.
Jam King

Postby Jam King » Mon Dec 21, 2015 12:37 am

Rob this is not a counter argument, I'm just stating that we bid the way we did because in 2011, we had a vote, we went with it and people still were not happy, so why on earth do that again after all that effort, so our bid was different and that's why we didn't budge.