We'll be announcing our World Cup bid for 2016 in the next week or so. It'll basically be the same as the 2011 World Cup - but better
* Nice spacious carpeted room with massive 4k projector
* PR system built in
* Bar serving snacks as well as drinks
* Top Restaurants over the road (i.e. within walking distance)
* City center a mere 5 minute Taxi journey - ideal
* Plenty of tourist attractions in the vicinity
* Easily accessable airline
* KOBRA arranged Taxi service so no-one gets stung by high charges
Okay, we had all that before
So what will make it different this time?
Well we've always contacted everyone personally, we don't accept no for an answer and we'll do our best to cajole and make each and everyone feel as welcomed as ever - but for this one? We aim to give this world cup an unprecedented amount of advertising to make it the biggest world cup ever.
We're talking advertisements in every retro shop in the area, we're talking advertisements in big chains like GAME, we're talking interviews with retro channels on YouTube, we're talking a large amount of business cards and advertising memorabilia to give out to people at the European Game Expo - which just happens to be held in Birmingham.
We will not rest on our laurels and we will have the website - including registration facility - available early December.
For us, we've been there and done it, UK Champs, Local tournaments and even a World Cup. So we need something to challenge us and that challenge will be to make this the most attended World Cup ever - we want to have to be turning people away.
F*ck, I've wrote too much so I'm going to post our WC2016 Bid in a seperate thread.