Page 10 of 13

Re: World Cup 2015 Dublin Ireland - November 7th and 8th

Posted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 10:42 am
by hogstrom
True Gianni, zero greeks...as it currently looks like. Indeed sad news. But, 11-12 players new players is indeed interesting! Also, hopefully Jon Greenway will make it (cant remember when I saw him last) and also hopefully Robert Swift get´s his neck sorted - would be great having him in my group! Good also to see that Thor joins Christopher and (once again) make the long journey from USA. Additionally...Jacob and Torgny? It´s time to sign up! Surely we should match the norwegians regarding attendance!

Re: World Cup 2015 Dublin Ireland - November 7th and 8th

Posted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 10:56 am
by Danny D
The last time such large numbers of vikings came they plundered and pillaged our country. I hope they behave more responsibly this time. The sight of a morphine/alcohol fuelled Viking is a scary sight to behold. Only an Anglo Saxxon knight in shining armour like Sir. Swift can save us!

"Initially, the Norwegians dominated, and their raids were sporadic and unsystematic. From about 830, however, a new phase of large-scale attacks, involving the use of fleets of long-ships, began, and the Vikings penetrated deep inland through the use of rivers and lakes. Attracted by the wealth of the monasteries and churches, they plundered them steadily."

Re: World Cup 2015 Dublin Ireland - November 7th and 8th

Posted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 5:03 pm
by alkis21
The number of new players is obviously the result of a perfectly organized and publicized pre-event period. Excellent work, I'm gutted I'm going to miss this.

Re: World Cup 2015 Dublin Ireland - November 7th and 8th

Posted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 8:03 pm
by Freshmaker
Danny D wrote:The last time such large numbers of vikings came they plundered and pillaged our country. I hope they behave more responsibly this time. The sight of a morphine/alcohol fuelled Viking is a scary sight to behold. Only an Anglo Saxxon knight in shining armour like Sir. Swift can save us!

"Initially, the Norwegians dominated, and their raids were sporadic and unsystematic. From about 830, however, a new phase of large-scale attacks, involving the use of fleets of long-ships, began, and the Vikings penetrated deep inland through the use of rivers and lakes. Attracted by the wealth of the monasteries and churches, they plundered them steadily."


Now, all we do is to penetrate.

Re: World Cup 2015 Dublin Ireland - November 7th and 8th

Posted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 8:06 pm
by Freshmaker
alkis21 wrote:The number of new players is obviously the result of a perfectly organized and publicized pre-event period. Excellent work, I'm gutted I'm going to miss this.

Well... You could just light a fire...


:lolo: :lolo: :lolo:

Re: World Cup 2015 Dublin Ireland - November 7th and 8th

Posted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 1:51 pm
by Danny D
30 days to go an we have an important announcement to make:



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lG0zOMw_MWo

Re: World Cup 2015 Dublin Ireland - November 7th and 8th

Posted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 8:21 pm
by Danny D
After posting the "Steve video" we got 4 new players. Coincidence? Who knows, all I know is that we are now at 39 players !

Re: World Cup 2015 Dublin Ireland - November 7th and 8th

Posted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:50 am
by Gazzapper
Welcome to PaddyLand!
Looking forward to some good matches!

Re: World Cup 2015 Dublin Ireland - November 7th and 8th

Posted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:31 am
by Danny D
Indeed Gaz, we are now up to 40, 8 from the green army.

Re: World Cup 2015 Dublin Ireland - November 7th and 8th

Posted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:57 am
by Freshmaker
This is just increasingly amazing. I'm so looking forward to the World Cup!

Re: World Cup 2015 Dublin Ireland - November 7th and 8th

Posted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 1:35 pm
by Tripod
Awesome video!

Re: World Cup 2015 Dublin Ireland - November 7th and 8th

Posted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 2:19 pm
by Lee W
Freshmaker wrote:This is just increasingly amazing. I'm so looking forward to the World Cup!


what the viking said! :D

Re: World Cup 2015 Dublin Ireland - November 7th and 8th

Posted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 2:56 pm
by iankay
Please tell me Roy Keane's not going to be there