German Irish Friendship tournament : Juli 11 2015 KonigsWinter

Talk about any Kick Off Tournament here.

Moderators: Rodolfo, Moderators, Rodolfo, Moderators

Oliver St

Re: Deutsche Fußballmeisterschaft 2015 : Juli 11 2015 Siegburg/Cologne.

Postby Oliver St » Mon Jul 13, 2015 7:24 am

Thanks Alex! And fun we had :)

Thanks to Cornelius for finally hosting a tournament after such a long time. And also thanks to Frank and Danny for coming this long way. I hope you got back home safely.

The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.
Danny D
4000+ Poster!
4000+ Poster!

Re: German Irish Friendship tournament : Juli 11 2015 KonigsWinter

Postby Danny D » Fri Jul 17, 2015 11:55 am

I am finally back and am using a real computer and not an iphone.

I found the interval very German. A round of Coffee klatsch, Cornelius produced coffee and cake :) Thank you for hosting Cornelius. Thank you Frank for the lift and the Brotechen :) Thanks Oliver for the lift also :)

Cornelius, could you email me the results file so that I have a copy also. I am trying to get the stats updated and will forward the results to Durban/Spryros for addition. Many thanks.
"We are now on the threshold of a newer movement, with a newer hope and a new inspiration."
James Larkin
Oliver St

Postby Oliver St » Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:56 am

I would also appreciate to see the complete results soon :) .

The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.
Torchiador
3000+ poster!
3000+ poster!

Postby Torchiador » Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:50 am

me too!
r.cross

Postby r.cross » Wed Jul 22, 2015 5:16 pm

And me too!
Oliver St

Postby Oliver St » Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:57 am

Be patient guys. In Koenigswinter everything happens a bit slower and not the way we are used to. I am completely cultural aware for this local specialty :) . Koenigswinter is....ehmm...Koenigswinter. I can't explain it in an adequate way. You have to experience this unique feeling on your own :lol: .

Danny D
4000+ Poster!
4000+ Poster!

Postby Danny D » Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:24 am

Oliver's description is perfect. It's like a medieval land where dragons still roam
"We are now on the threshold of a newer movement, with a newer hope and a new inspiration."
James Larkin
Cornelius
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!

Postby Cornelius » Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:51 pm

First of all, a big thank you to Danny, Frank and Oliver for giving me the opportunity to experience once again, how much fun KickOff can be. After an absence of two years I had nearly forgotten that. Without Danny's proposition to have a little tournament, who nows if I ever would have taken a joystick in my hands. And without Frank and Oliver joining us, we wouldn't have done it.

I would also like to apologise for the delayed posting. I took a lot of time to do it - even for Koenigswinter habbits. The reason for my slowness was a spontaneous holiday in Barcelona. After being there, I feel even more sorry about it, that we didn't realised Robert's proposition to have the wc in Barcelona, since it's an absolut dream of a city. But I'm sure that Danny will be doing a more than perfect job with the organisation of the wc in Dublin. I never before saw such a degree of professionalism in it. Hell, we even have sponsors and free beer !!! :D

Danny D wrote:I found the interval very German. A round of Coffee klatsch, Cornelius produced coffee and cake :)

It's a pitty you couldn't experience the original way, we used to celebrate KickOff in Koenigswinter. Belive me, it had little to do with "Coffee klatsch". :lol:
Maybe our old postings can give you a slight impression, just in case you would like to now, how it was "in the good old days". 8)

But now to the long awaited results of our little tourney.

As usual Oliver was very sensible and careful in the way he played against less experienced players or those who have been out of practise for a longer time. But despite his consideration, he had no problems to claim the first place for himself. Frank was his only serious competitor, but just like me he hadn't played the last two years. So the only real tension came from the duell between Danny and me. I must admit, that I gave a shit about being a good host, doing all I could to keep him behind me, which was everything but a simple task. Don't know how this could happen, but Danny even managed to turn around a game I was leeding with two goals by switching to lockout ! :shock: Shame on me ! :oops:

So here are the final standings and the results :

Danny D 1 - 6 Oliver St
Cornelius H 2 - 4 Frank F
Cornelius H 6 - 3 Danny D
Frank F 1 - 3 Oliver St
Danny D 1 - 6 Frank F
Oliver St 11 - 1 Cornelius H
Oliver St 10 - 0 Danny D
Frank F 7 - 0 Cornelius H
Danny D 5 - 3 Cornelius H
Oliver St 5 - 1 Frank F
Frank F 11 - 1 Danny D
Cornelius H 1 - 14 Oliver St
Danny D 1 - 11 Oliver St
Cornelius H 2 - 3 Frank F
Cornelius H 5 - 1 Danny D
Frank F 1 - 6 Oliver St
Danny D 0 - 4 Frank F
Oliver St 12 - 0 Cornelius H

Congratulations Oliver for your well deserved victory. I truly envy you for your daily KickOff pratice.
But you know, that's also the reason why all of our german hopes for the wc are resting on your shoulders. :wink:
Torchiador
3000+ poster!
3000+ poster!

Postby Torchiador » Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:58 pm

Nice write up, Cornelius! I really hope to see your name near to Frank on the Dublin World cup confirmed list!
Freshmaker

Postby Freshmaker » Sun Jul 26, 2015 8:15 pm

What Gianni said C! Come on in, join the World Cup fun!

Oh, and bring Frank, he's missed :)
-----------------------------
Silver Cup 2019, LAA 2015, reigning Scandinavian Champ
Founder of FÖKOF, FAKO and The People's Lockout!
WC-Host 2014 and 2017
Il portiere è mongoloide!
http://www.yearnlydom.rocks
I'm a Norwegian boy, I make rock music
Oliver St

Postby Oliver St » Fri Nov 13, 2015 10:00 am

Cornelius wrote:Congratulations Oliver for your well deserved victory. I truly envy you for your daily KickOff pratice.
But you know, that's also the reason why all of our german hopes for the wc are resting on your shoulders. :wink:

Well Cornelius, I hope I could fulfill your hopes :) .