UK Champs XIII - Results and Standings

Talk about any Kick Off Tournament here.

Moderator: Moderators

Freshmaker

Sv: UK Champs XIII - Results and Standings

Postby Freshmaker » Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:38 pm

Damn... a resurrection of Kora would be awesome.

"The lob is strong in this one" PMSL!!!
-----------------------------
Jørn F.M.
Founding member of FÖKOF (and FAKO).
The Aftertouch Podcast.
Wayne's and Nick's Carreer Ender
Manager of The People's Lockout!
Il portiere è mongoloide!
Logos

Re: UK Champs XIII - Results and Standings

Postby Logos » Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:06 pm

It wasn't a dream:

Logos

Postby Logos » Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:08 pm

Drunken Master fun:

r.cross

Postby r.cross » Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:27 pm

Great performance from Mark against a very strong field and Kudos to Ian - beating Garry 2:1 in the first tournament appearance is a great achievement. Consider coming to the world cup in November, you'll find more opponents of your caliber there!
thanks for sharing :wink:
Steve1977
2000+ Poster!
2000+ Poster!

Postby Steve1977 » Tue Aug 06, 2013 4:28 pm

Sid wrote:
Steve1977 wrote:As for myself, I had an horrific start to this tournament and it's taught me to just play my games in order from now on!

What difference does that make??

Good write ups...

Mainly because I was facing Andy first game and chickened out of it :lol:
World Cup 2009 - 8th Place
World Cup 2008 - 19th Place
Sid
4000+ Poster!
4000+ Poster!

Postby Sid » Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:42 pm

Robert Swift first game, and thought he will only get better as the day goes on, so lets get him out of the way before he is warmed up! ...and like to plan I went 2-0 up! I was thinking of Lockout after this, and then he scored, and I decided to implement it... HT 2-1 to me. 2nd half, due to not being au fait with Lockout, I had defender switching and Rob equalised. Went back to 4-2-4, as I enjoy it more, and lost 4-2. Well done Rob.

Steve Camber was 2nd ... lost 5-3, keeping the rhythm going of only losing by 2 goals in each game... a late penalty to me ensured this was so. Simon Bu another 2 goal defeat I think too....?

Other games were not so memorable after this ... Just remember lots of goals being conceded!! Thanks for the ten goal drubbing Andy G!!, not as bad as Steve Evil 14-2 on Saturday, but that didn't count, and in the league was just a little less in high single figures... Echo what all have said about the New Durban, a well trained machine...!

Ian Kay - probably the most memorable game. Ian went 1 nil up, and the scored 3 quickly, to go 3-1 up at HT. Ian pulls it back to 3-3 in the 2nd half, then pulls another out the bag to take the lead 4-3! This guy can play, and with more KO2 real player action, will be lethal. However his Left Back gets a straight red card, not a pivotal player, but certainly a pivotal moment! I score 2 goals to win the match, 5-4.

Ian then beats Garry 2-1, and I drew with Simon Bu 1-1, which puts us both level on points at 4 a piece with the last 'game of shame' style to be played.... My goal difference was far inferior, but I was ahead of Ian based on our 1v1 battle earlier. All I needed was a draw NOT to finish bottom...

The 2nd game with Ian was equally as close, and we found ourselves at 3-3 in the 2nd half, and I managed to grab the winner late on to seal the double victory, and my only ones of the weekend! 4-3.

The Golden Goal Cup, I also played Ian and scored the important goal to go through t the QF round. Up against Steve, held on with Lockout for most of the 1st half, but then his perseverance and skill took over and I was out...

Had a blast catching up with all the guys, even the next couple of days smiling to myself about how good it was... just a change to normal everyday life ... KO2 will always be a part of me. Just wish I could find the lob... in the 2nd game with Swifty, he forgot he was playing me, and called me a Junior Camber lol (not that The Lord is that much older!)
WC2011 #20th position
WC2011 Rodolfo's new arch enemy and Silver Cup dream ender!
WC2011 The KOA's new bowling champion
UKC2009 #1 Silver Cup Winner
UKC2007 organiser
Pee
6000+ Poster!
6000+ Poster!

Postby Pee » Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:18 pm

Glad to see you lads are still doing the UKs and who woulda thunk Durban finishing 2nd :shock: 8)

Nice one y'all
FWA OK!!

"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered." GB