Koenigswinter #47 the revenge is mine

Talk about any Kick Off Tournament here.

Moderator: Moderators

Cornelius
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!

Koenigswinter #47 the revenge is mine

Postby Cornelius » Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:30 pm

Saturday the first of june the same five persons as last time came together to have some party and KickOff (and to take some sweet revenge :twisted: ).

We palyed two rounds with the following national teams :

Gustl V - France
Udo T - Italy
Carsten P - Germany
Michael L - Spain
Cornelius H - Sweden

One could say, that Michael gave me a good lesson at our last meeting, which he won well deserved.
Luckily I remebered it and defended more patiently and thus more carefully this time. :D

1.round :
Michael L 11 - 0 Udo T
Carsten P 1 - 2 Cornelius H
Gustl V 0 - 4 Michael L
Udo T 0 - 6 Carsten P
Cornelius H 11 - 0 Gustl V
Michael L 3 - 0 Carsten P
Udo T 0 - 0 Gustl V
Cornelius H 5 - 1 Michael L :twisted: oh bloody revenge how sweet you are :lol:
Carsten P 7 - 0 Gustl V
Udo T 0 - 7 Cornelius H

2.round :
Udo T 0 - 7 Michael L
Cornelius H 3 - 2 Carsten P
Michael L 6 - 0 Gustl V
Carsten P 5 - 0 Udo T
Gustl V 1 - 7 Cornelius H
Carsten P 2 - 2 Michael L
Gustl V 0 - 1 Udo T
Michael L 2 - 1 Cornelius H :evil: oh fucking revenge how bitter you are :shock:
Gustl V 0 - 7 Carsten P
Cornelius H 1 - 0 Udo T

Fortuna was with me that night. :D
Carsten, not having a properly functioning joystick of his own, was playing with Michael's stick - except in the games against Michael, where he had to take one, he didn't feel comfortable with. But with Michael's stick, he nearly got back to old strength, presenting himself as a very hard to beat opponent. Both of our games could have easily ended in his favour as well.
Even when I didn't need luck, I had it. Or as Michael stated after his defeat, I was better and I was lucky.
Should better have saved it for our replay. :roll:

Anyway the title of the koenigswinter KickOff champion is back where it belongs.
After his victory last month
Einar Kemp wrote:As usual, this uncommon moments don't last for a long time. :lol:

If you only knew how right you were. :lol:
Last edited by Cornelius on Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Torchiador
3000+ poster!
3000+ poster!

Re: Koenigswinter #47 the revenge is mine

Postby Torchiador » Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:30 am

Well done Cornelius!
did you take any pictures of the event?
Einar Kemp
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!

Postby Einar Kemp » Fri Jun 14, 2013 2:47 am

Cornelius wrote:Even when I didn't need luck, I had it. Or as Michael stated after his defeat, I was better and I was lucky.

The correct German term for that toe-curlingly embarrassing kind of luck is "ferkelssohnborstig".

All of your in-game behaviour cries for revenge! Next time five new joysticks are in the pool...Ha!

1 S. Collins - 5 S. Johnson -2 I.Barber, 3 M.Downs - 4 D.Rogers, 6 B.Pearce, 8 R. Parker - 7 S.Bishop, 10 C. Payne, 11 R. Gregory - 9 E. Kemp
Cornelius
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!

Postby Cornelius » Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:11 am

Einar Kemp wrote:The correct German term for that toe-curlingly embarrassing kind of luck is "ferkelssohnborstig".

All of your in-game behaviour cries for revenge! Next time five new joysticks are in the pool...Ha!

Face the truth : With or without luck, you would have lost that game. :lol:

Beside that, what will you complain about in the future, now that you have enough functioning joysticks ?
Maybe it's time for you to start thinking about new excuses. But I'm sure you'll find enough. :roll:

Torchiador wrote:Did you take any pictures of the event?

No, we don't take any pictures of our KickOff-parties, since some of us might look quite unfavourable on them, especially, if they are photographed later in the night. :wink:
Beside that, one has to experience the Koenigswinter KickOff. It's atmosphere simply can't be transported by a picture. A Video would be the only media, that could give someone a slight impression about the way we celebrate KickOff. :lol: