Koenigswinter #46 there's a new kid in town

Talk about any Kick Off Tournament here.

Moderator: Moderators

Cornelius
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!

Koenigswinter #46 there's a new kid in town

Postby Cornelius » Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:24 pm

Einar Kemp wrote:I'm sure he will post results and table of the latest Königswinter tournament (May 11th/12th night) , as soon as he will be recovered from his shameful defeats :D

Looks like it took me a month to recover from them. Bitter they were ! :x
But winning the next tournament first of June devinitly helped a lot. More about that one in another thread. :lol:

As already unpatiently announced by Michael (why don't you write the tourny report by the way ?), we had a tournament on saturday the 11th of may, introducing a new player : Gustl V.

Gustl had never played KickOff before, but had some experience in an older version of Fifa. Nevertheless his first attempts seemed pretty promising ! :)

We played two rounds with the following national teams :

Gustl V - France
Udo T - Italy
Carsten P - Germany
Michael L - Spain
Cornelius H - Sweden

1.round :
Udo T 0 - 5 Carsten P
Cornelius H 2 - 4 Michael L
Gustl V 1 - 0 Udo T
Carsten P 1 - 8 Cornelius H
Michael L 6 - 1 Gustl V
Gustl V 0 - 4 Carsten P
Udo T 0 - 8 Cornelius H
Carsten P 2 - 5 Michael L
Michael L 5 - 0 Udo T
Cornelius H 11 - 0 Gustl V

2.round :
Carsten P 4 - 0 Udo T
Michael L 2 - 1 Cornelius H
Udo T 1 - 0 Gustl V
Cornelius H 4 - 1 Carsten P
Gustl V 0 - 7 Michael L
Carsten P 4 - 0 Gustl V
Cornelius H 5 - 1 Udo T
Michael L 4 - 0 Carsten P
Udo T 0 - 11 Michael L
Gustl V 0 - 10 Cornelius H

Congratulations Michael, you were simply cleverer and cooler than me. :?o:
While he defended highly concentrated and effectiv, I got too greedy, especially during the first game, when I first got some advantages in midfield, giving me the feeling of a more than possible victory. This made me attack him to early, giving him free way to my goal in case of a mistake or a stumbler by my #5. Stupid beginner's mistake, which costed me 3 goals and the chance of winning the tournament. :bang:
Anyway, Michael was the deserved champions of that night.

Far more remarkable than my mistakes or Michael's first place, was the impression of Gustl's first attempts in KickOff.
In his first game ever, he scored his first goal during the first minute, giving him his first victory ! :bow:
What a promising start, even more, since he could score again in his second game, this time against no less than the tournament winner !
Although he couldn't score any more goals, one could see, that soccer games aren't uncommon to him, so that I'm hopeful to see more of him in the future. :)

Finally the usual statistics :
-Topscorer was my #9 J.Palmer with 22 hits (sorry Michael - you can't have it all :wink: ), second Michael's #9 E.Kemp with 20 and third my #10 G.M.Little scoring 13 times.
- Spain had most scorers with 9 players, follwed by Sweden with 8 succesful man and Germany with 8 strikers.
- The cup of cards once again goes to Udo. He gathered a total of 11 yellow and 1 red card. Michael with 6 yellow but 3 red cards followed him closely.
gdh82
6000+ Poster!
6000+ Poster!

Re: Koenigswinter #46 there's a new kid in town

Postby gdh82 » Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:59 pm

Cornelius wrote:Far more remarkable than my mistakes or Michael's first place, was the impression of Gustl's first attempts in KickOff.
In his first game ever, he scored his first goal during the first minute, giving him his first victory ! :bow:
What a promising start, even more, since he could score again in his second game, this time against no less than the tournament winner !

Way to go Gustl. Keep spreading the fun, Cornelius and co! :)
All the goals, the stats, the stories & more from the KO2 WC 2011 - please click here

And click here for everything you'll ever need to know about KO2!