Koenigswinter #44 the probably latest tournament ever

Talk about any Kick Off Tournament here.

Moderator: Moderators

Cornelius
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!

Koenigswinter #44 the probably latest tournament ever

Postby Cornelius » Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:00 pm

Reason for our extreme starting time was our spontaneous lust for a KickOff tourny, after four of us had already played a nocturnal table soccer tournament in a nearby disco. So on the 9th of February we gathered at my place at five o'clock in the morning, joined by Michael, to play a five person tourny.

The participants and their national teams where :

Udo T - Italy
Carsten P - Germany
Michael L - Spain
Andreas R - France - playing KickOff for just the second time in his life :!:
Cornelius H - Sweden

Due to the late starting time and our habit of spending at least as much time on drinking and partying, than playing KickOff, we managed just one round, although some would have liked to continue further. :lol:

Michael and me had to make the first game, which we both hated, since it would probably be the game deciding about place one and both of us would have liked to get into the game first. I even had more reasons to hate it, because Michael arrived completly sober, while the rest of us already had plenty of beer during the table soccer tourny. But on the other hand, none of us is used to play KickOff sober. :lol:

Cornelius H 2 - 0 Michael L
Carsten P 3 - 0 Andreas R
Udo T 0 - 8 Cornelius H
Michael L 6 - 2 Carsten P
Andreas R 1 - 2 Udo T
Cornelius H 7 - 0 Carsten P
Micheal L 8 - 1 Andreas R
Carsten P 12 - 1 Udo T
Andreas R 0 - 12 Cornelius H
Udo T 0 - 10 Micheal L

Even Andreas ended without any points, his performance was superb, considering that it was just his second time playing KickOff !!! :bow:
Let's hope, that he will continue to develop his skills and maybe become a more regular guest at our meetings.

For the fans of statistics, some other facts to be mentioned :
- Topscorer of the night was Michael's #9 E.Kemp and my #9 J.Palmer, both with 13 goals, followed by Carsten's #10 J.Downs with 7 goals.
- Sweden had the most scorers, with 7 different players scoring, followed by Spain with 6 and Germany with 5 scorers.
- Winner of the "Cup of cards" was Udo with a total of 6 yellow and 3 red cards, having also the most unfair player with his #5 J.D.McDermott, collecting 2 yellow and 1 red card. Next time better don't take your #5 for this trophy. :wink:
- Sweden was the only team with no cards at all, thanks to the right referees at the right times. :D

As usual, the outcome of the matches were a result of a mixture of player's skills and player's condition. :lol:
Carsten, once again, was the champion of party, while I could, for the moment, reclaim the title as the koenigswinter champion of KickOff.
Last edited by Cornelius on Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Torchiador
3000+ poster!
3000+ poster!

Re: Koenigswinter #44 the probably latest tournament ever

Postby Torchiador » Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:36 am

well done Cornelius!

and congratulation to Andreas, In kick off it is quite difficult to score, if you don't know the way and in particular at the beginning, to score 2 goals sounds promising!
gdh82
6000+ Poster!
6000+ Poster!

Postby gdh82 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:42 pm

5AM??? Way to go, fellas! Midnight tournies, like our one at the Birmingham WC, seem a bit tame now. Still good though! :)
All the goals, the stats, the stories & more from the KO2 WC 2011 - please click here

And click here for everything you'll ever need to know about KO2!
Steve Camber
Mad! 7000+ poster!
Mad! 7000+ poster!

Postby Steve Camber » Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:29 pm

Cornelius wrote:at five o'clock in the morning

:bow:
--
SteveC - Kick Off engineer - Ranked somewhere waaaay down the list
18 Dec 2003 - "One day I'm going to disassemble the 68000 code, and find out exactly what's going on in there!! "

Ask me about online KO2 :)
alkis21

Postby alkis21 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:11 pm

Cornelius wrote:Andreas R - playing KickOff for just the second time in his life :!:

So this is a different Andreas R than the one who played in the previous Koenigswinter tournaments in October-November 2010? If so, I'm going to need the second letter of his last name.
Remember, remember, the 4th and the 3rd of November
Cornelius
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!

Postby Cornelius » Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:09 am

alkis21 wrote:So this is a different Andreas R than the one who played in the previous Koenigswinter tournaments in October-November 2010? If so, I'm going to need the second letter of his last name.

No, it's the same Andreas. Sorry, my mistake. :oops:
I didn't expect that it was such a long time, since his last tournament. So when I couldn't find him in the ranking list, I thought that it was just his second tourny.
alkis21

Postby alkis21 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:12 pm

Cornelius wrote:Reason for our extreme starting time was our spontaneous lust for a KickOff tourny, after four of us had already played a nocturnal table soccer tournament in a nearby disco.

Wait, you still have DISCOS in Germany??

When you say you played early, how early do you mean? 1986?
Remember, remember, the 4th and the 3rd of November
Cornelius
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!

Postby Cornelius » Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:58 pm

alkis21 wrote:Wait, you still have DISCOS in Germany??

Well in modern speech one would call them clubs, but oldfashioned than I sometimes am I prefer to call them discos. And as long as we continue to go there and drink enough beer, we are hopefull to keep them alive for another while. :)

alkis21 wrote:When you say you played early, how early do you mean? 1986?

I never said anything about having played early. It would have been an early tourny, if we would have played it at five o'clock in the morning after getting up. But since we played it before going to bed, I prefer to call it a late tourny. :wink:
Einar Kemp
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!

Postby Einar Kemp » Tue May 14, 2013 2:00 pm

Cornelius wrote: [...], while I could, for the moment, reclaim the title as the koenigswinter champion of KickOff.

As usual, this uncommon moments don't last for a long time. :lol:

Thanks to Dr. Cornelius for successfully operating my joystick... I'm sure he will post results and table of the latest Königswinter tournament (May 11th/12th night) , as soon as he will be recovered from his shameful defeats :D
1 S. Collins - 5 S. Johnson -2 I.Barber, 3 M.Downs - 4 D.Rogers, 6 B.Pearce, 8 R. Parker - 7 S.Bishop, 10 C. Payne, 11 R. Gregory - 9 E. Kemp
Cornelius
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!

Postby Cornelius » Tue May 21, 2013 7:59 pm

Einar Kemp wrote:
Cornelius wrote: [...], while I could, for the moment, reclaim the title as the koenigswinter champion of KickOff.

As usual, this uncommon moments don't last for a long time. :lol:

You should know, since it's been over 1 1/2 years that you were able to win two tournaments in a row - and these were both held on the same day. (Koenigswinter # 38 & 39) :wink:

Einar Kemp wrote:I'm sure he will post results and table of the latest Königswinter tournament (May 11th/12th night) , as soon as he will be recovered from his shameful defeats :D

Maybe you should take care of this, since I'm surely not able to praise your glorious victory as they deserve to be praised. :roll: