Winter Cup 2013 - Milan 12th January - Photos added

Talk about any Kick Off Tournament here.

Moderator: Moderators

Rodolfo
3000+ poster!
3000+ poster!

Re: Winter Cup 2013 - Milan 12th January - Special Guest: Al

Postby Rodolfo » Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:36 pm

I see that it was a victory decided in the last match. Wonderful tournament, and congratulations to the winner.

Rodolfo Martín. KO2 Player. KOA member since 2002. FEKO # 1.
r.cross

Postby r.cross » Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:37 am

alkis21 wrote:The 2 Vs 2 was also great fun. We think Camber should implement a left Vs right player switch in addition to defense Vs offense!

4 player fan asking: How do you imagine this to work? With fixed player allocation or dynamic 50:50 switching? (Just for curisosity!)

Abyss wrote:I just woke up for a little bicycle ride, when I saw a message from Alkis: "veni, vidi, vici". I thought that the unthinkable may have happened and of course it did!

Congratulations Alkis! The cagna prevailed for once!

It's amazing - Congratulations!!
Steve Camber
Mad! 7000+ poster!
Mad! 7000+ poster!

Postby Steve Camber » Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:22 am

r.cross wrote:4 player fan asking: How do you imagine this to work? With fixed player allocation or dynamic 50:50 switching? (Just for curisosity!)

I am initially thinking the main player is in control when the ball is on the left half of the pitch and his wingman has control in the right, with no swapping at half time.
--
SteveC - Kick Off engineer - Ranked somewhere waaaay down the list
18 Dec 2003 - "One day I'm going to disassemble the 68000 code, and find out exactly what's going on in there!! "

Ask me about online KO2 :)
Torchiador
3000+ poster!
3000+ poster!

Postby Torchiador » Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:18 pm

in my opinion, cooperative games if very very fun.
As it is now it is quite fun already: we played mixing all the possible couples and we switched also the internal couples, I mean

Gianni - Sandro Vs Alkis - Alessandro: in this game in the first half Gianni was the attacker and Sandro was the defender of Team A, while Alkis was the attacker and Alessandro the defender of team B.

That means that in the first Half I attacked while Alessandro was the defender, on the other side, ALkis attacked while Sandro defended.
In the second half Alessandro attacked against me, while Alkis attacked on Sandro.
In the return match we switched the internal couples so the fights were Gianni VS Alkis and Alessandro VS Sandro.
In this way everyone attacked and defended against each others.
The very fun part is the moment that the defender and attacker of each team cooperate in the building of the action, so basically when the pass trough the kick off line is done.

At this point let me give a suggestion: at the moment the switching between attacker and defender there is a small gap: if the defender is near the kick off line and he is kicking the ball giving aftertouch, in the moment the ball cross the kick off line, the execution of the aftertouch is interrupted although the attacker is moving in the same direction of the defender. The same is for the fire button (trap mode). I think that there should be a continuity in the interaction between the 2 teammate in the moment the ball cross the kick off line.

My second suggestion is a true cooperative mode, at PES or FIFA style.
In my opinion the ways should be:

Starting from a initial state:

P1 is the MASTER (ball owner) [TEAM A]
P2 is the SALVE (wingman)[TEAM A]
P3 is the MASTER (defender) [TEAM B]
P4 is the SLAVE (wingman). [TEAM B]

P1: can dribble with the ball he will act as ball owner until he passes/shot or lose the ball. he will not able to do anything until someone else will touch the ball.
P2: while P1 is controlling the ball, he controls the wingman. the switching mechanism between the CPU controlled players doesn't change. all the natives switching mechanism and CPU auto controlling are preserved so the wingman will be controlled by the CPU as well, using the usual wingman routine of the original gameplay: The moment P2 touches the joystick, the CPU control will be override by joystick control. if the joystick is left in neutral position, the controlled player will remain controlled by human and he will be remain still no the pitch until there will be a new player closer to the ball. at that point there will be the switching with CPU and the wingman will be controlled by CPU as original gameplay.
The moment that P1 makes a pass or a shot, or a header or he is takled by opponent the switching between happens and P2 becomes the MASTER and P1 becomes the SLAVE.
For the team who has no possession (defending team) is it the same switching mechanics so is possible to switch with CPU controlled players. P3 controls the MASTER and P4 the SLAVE (wingman) and who touches the ball first becomes the MASTER (ball owner). and so on.

if the ball owner passes or kick the ball for a long pass, he will not able to control nothing until his team mate (or opponents players) touch the ball. He will control the player till the last frame of aftertouch (0,5 seconds after the shot) then his joystick will be mute until someone else will touch the ball.
Torchiador
3000+ poster!
3000+ poster!

Postby Torchiador » Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:26 pm

Alki, have you got some pictures to post? :wink:
r.cross

Postby r.cross » Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:03 pm

Guys, could you share some words on these games:

Alkis P 3 Gianni T 4
Gianni T 5 Alkis P 7

I'm pretty sure it didn't have anything to do with KOH hospitality, the past has shown that. Neither do I believe in some kind of hormonal disorder 'cause both of you become dads. Alcohol? I don't remember you guys to be big drinkers...
So how did it happen?
alkis21

Postby alkis21 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:31 am

Torchiador wrote:Alki, have you got some pictures to post?

Yeah sorry, I've been busy. I'll try to post them tonight.

r.cross wrote:So how did it happen?

Well, short answer is "I don't know"! What I can tell you is that Alessandro is one of the few Italians that I usually beat, and that Sandro was very rusty. For me to be able to beat Gianni, he has to play a lot worse than usual and I have to play very close to my best. I think I played fairly well, of course he was much less "Birmingham Gianni" and more like "Dusseldorf Gianni". But then again he beat me twice in Dusseldorf so I can't complain! And I don't think he was just being kind, unless he is so good he can intentionally hit the woodwork several times in the final minutes! Perhaps he can describe what happened better than me.

The funny thing is that it being a pen & paper tournament, I had no idea what the goal difference was before the final game. In the final minute, I was leading by one and I didn't know if that was enough for me to win the tournament! I thought, with Gianni being Gianni, that he would definitely have a better overall goal difference than I did so I tried very hard to win by two goals. Even a one goal victory would have sufficed but I didn't realize that before the standings were posted in the forum! I'm so glad I didn't concede a late equalizer while attempting to score the 7th goal.

About the 2 Vs 2 games, it was hilarious when a defender tried to make an aftertouch long ball and the aftertouch wouldn't work after the kick off line. The best cooperation was when the attacking teammate understood the defender's intention and did the exact same move at the same time, to complete a flawless move as one.
Remember, remember, the 4th and the 3rd of November
Oliver St

Postby Oliver St » Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:12 pm

Congratulations to Alkis. What a tremendous and historical achievement. I can feel your pride regarding what you have accomplished in Milan.

The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.
alkis21

Postby alkis21 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:07 pm

Remember, remember, the 4th and the 3rd of November
Torchiador
3000+ poster!
3000+ poster!

Re: Winter Cup 2013 - Milan 12th January - Photos added

Postby Torchiador » Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:24 pm

Nice pictures, thanks for posting!
r.cross wrote:So how did it happen?

The short answer is: Alkis is a Kick Off 2 World Champion. He has got all the cards to beat me.
In league games Alkis has got a very good record with me: we drew in Reading (UK) he won in Athens and he won again me this time.
Alkis is a wonderful player.
In world cup play off games instead the records are all for me, but that doesn't mean that the trend will be in such way forever.
Of course I will do my best to keep it so :twisted: