Interested in visiting Austria 2013? (if we are alive :))

Talk about any Kick Off Tournament here.

Moderator: Moderators

WC 2013 Voitsberg/Austria

Poll ended at Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:18 pm

YES
85%
NO
No votes
I don't know
No votes
I would like to have the World Cup in another country
10%
We won't survive the 21st december :)
5%

Total votes: 20
Armingo
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!

Re: Interested in visiting Austria 2013? (if we are alive :)

Postby Armingo » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:16 am

hm...is 23:00 the earliest time of arrival? there´s no other acceptable option?
Do you search vom 1st to 3rd november or an other date (+ 1 day)?

BR
Armin
Rodolfo
3000+ poster!
3000+ poster!

Postby Rodolfo » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:18 am

Yes. I have been searching arrival friday nov 1st, return monday nov 4th.

However, it was a first and only searching session so far. Come on, optimism!

Rodolfo Martín. KO2 Player. KOA member since 2002. FEKO # 1.
Armingo
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!

Postby Armingo » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:20 am

MAD - GRZ 01.11.2013 08:20 13:55 Stops 1 5:35 Lufthansa
GRZ - MAD 04.11.2013 10:20 15:55 Stops 1 5:35 Lufthansa

€ 244,-

Here´s the option from Madrid directly to Graz with 1 stop in Frankfurt. Traveling time is high but directly to Graz ;) The costs are acceptable (in relation to the other offers :D )

BR
Armin
durban
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby durban » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:29 am

guys its a long way off and prices will change (and more flights will show up as the low cost airlines open their Summer fares/routes) so its hopefully going to look better around May/June time for flights in Nov.

to be honest looking for flights in November now is a no/no anyway as they won't be relative to the prices once their is competition on the flights....as there will be in a few months, so I would expect to see cheaper flights arriving over the next few months (May onwards) which should make this more do-able.

Can I ask, however, if we could get some details of Train Times/prices (and possibly busses?) from Vienna to GRAZ and GRAZ to Voitsberg.

The train station/ Bahnhoff, if I recall, was about 4 mins from the tournament venue in Voitsberg, and thus another 5 mins to the hotel.

If we get an idea of times and prices (and how long each leg would take) then we could start to come up with better ideas of which airport is 'doable' in the timescales.....

for example if Vienna to Graz to Voitsberg would take 5 hours on the train and our flights arrive at 13:00 then thats not too bad, especially if it saves us money.

Talking of the Hotel, I presume the preference would be the same place we stayed last time? Although I also appreciate until this is all confirmed as the location of the WC2013 you probably haven't yet had a chance to ring around.

I don't mean to be negative, in fact I am positive really...the WC in voitsberg was in my mind the best organised, and best tournament venue we have had (possibly equal to Cologne) and so I know the guys can deliver once we are in the town.

Its just that the times are tough in Europe at the moment, and that means travel becomes more difficult and pricey...but hopefully this can all be sorted.....

:)
No longer the only UK based Liverpool, Nottingham Forest and Crewe supporter in the whole of the KOA!!!
Rodolfo
3000+ poster!
3000+ poster!

Postby Rodolfo » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:41 am

Armingo wrote:MAD - GRZ 01.11.2013 08:20 13:55 Stops 1 5:35 Lufthansa
GRZ - MAD 04.11.2013 10:20 15:55 Stops 1 5:35 Lufthansa

€ 244,-

Here´s the option from Madrid directly to Graz with 1 stop in Frankfurt. Traveling time is high but directly to Graz ;) The costs are acceptable (in relation to the other offers :D )

BR
Armin

Yes, but Jerez is one hour away by plane from Madrid, and considering I could get the flights Jerez - Madrid for free using Iberia points, I would still have to spend the night before in Madrid and pay for a hotel. So it is still a bit tricky. But I am with Durban, we can reasonable expect better options in spring.

Thanks a lot for the special attention :)

durban
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby durban » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:49 am

I say we all fly to Vienna (beautiful city) and hire a massive bus with a driver like the Italian job?!

We could all meet up on the Friday, wait for all to arrive and then drive the 4 hours down to Voitsberg in one go!!!!

Wonder how much that would cost/save if we had enough.
No longer the only UK based Liverpool, Nottingham Forest and Crewe supporter in the whole of the KOA!!!
r.cross

Postby r.cross » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:55 am

Rodolfo wrote:I am sure we will find a way! :)

We have to. A Non-Rodolfo-World-Cup is not an acceptable option!
Rodolfo
3000+ poster!
3000+ poster!

Postby Rodolfo » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:57 am

That bus would be great!

durban
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby durban » Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:50 pm

A World Cup without Rodolfo would be worse than a World Cup without any Amigas!!!
coldie

Postby coldie » Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:50 pm

Well, regarding the bus. I am going to ask some bus companies, if it's possible to make this happen. For that we need the amount of people, who would like to join this probably service, which is important due to the costs for the bus (size of the bus....) . so, if we have a number of people who would like to join the bus, we will try to get one. Btw, great idea with the bus!

The hotel will be the same and she has reserved the period for us (beginning with thursday, 31st oct. 2013 until tuesday, 5th nov. 2013). She will tell me the cost for the rooms.

Train or bus times depends on when you will arrive. Due to the fact, that the 1st november is a holiday, the times are more spreaded, that means, that you have only every 2nd hour a train from graz to voitsberg instead of 31st oct (working day) where you have in the afternoon every half an hour a train. saturday it's every hour.
coldie

Postby coldie » Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:50 pm

As I spoke with the hotel today, they would give us the same prices as 2009 WC. So here are the informations from the last WC:

Official KO2 Hotel: Hotel Amira, Voitsberg, Conrad v. Hötzendorfstraße 17, 8570 Voitsberg (for reservations: reservation(at)hotel-amira.at)

If you would like to stay longer, the hotel offers you a big programm for your entertainment, like:

- the famous stölzle glas-center in bärnbach (there it will be shown how to make your own glas....)
- the famous "Hundertwasser-Church"
- Piber (home of the white horses)
- Flascherlzug Stainz (very small train, travel like 80 years or so before )
- Kernölmühle (where the famous Kernöl is produced (try it, you will love it)). This is a very typical styrian product!
- Running Schoko (chocolate) at the zotter schokolade company

Visiting Graz (capitol of styria) is also available

At last, the link for the hotel:

http://www.hotel-amira.at

Rooms are sure available from thursday, 31st oct. until tuesday, 5th nov 2013. other days should be no problem, but I can't guarentee it.

Please remember the special prices:
Until 20 guests:
In the old part of the hotel (Stammhaus/parent house) € 28,-- pro Person pro Nacht (per person per night)
In the new part of the hotel (Neubau/new building) € 36,-- pro Person pro Nacht (per person per night)
Until 40 guests:
In the old part of the hotel (Stammhaus/parent house) € 26,-- pro Person pro Nacht (per person per night)
In the new part of the hotel (Neubau/new building) € 34,-- pro Person pro Nacht (per person per night)
Over 40 guests:
In the old part of the hotel (Stammhaus/parent house) € 20,-- pro Person pro Nacht (per person per night)
In the new part of the hotel (Neubau/new building) € 28,-- pro Person pro Nacht (per person per night)
Freshmaker

Postby Freshmaker » Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:47 pm

At the moment, it's possible to rent a car from Vienna airport for £ 53, for the entire weekend. It fits up to 5 people. Free mileage. I guess, when getting closer to the event, that price will drop, just as we can expect airfare to drop.
I would be up for that, if someone would like to share. If 4 people are in (that leaves some spare room in the backseat for stuff (beer??)), it would bring the cost down to £ 13 pr person, plus gas.
-----------------------------
Jørn F.M.
Founding member of FÖKOF (and FAKO).
The Aftertouch Podcast.
Wayne's and Nick's Carreer Ender
Manager of The People's Lockout!
Il portiere è mongoloide!
durban
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby durban » Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:53 pm

the Car companies I looked at were talking 500 euros from Vienna, I must remember to chose a company who doesn't offer just Ferrari's next time :)

Bus or Car sounds like a plan....I would possibly be happy to share a car especially at that price....if more than 10 people are going to Vienna then perhaps bus/minibuss better option - but car sounds great.

Lets see what happens, the prices for the hotel are GREAT.........Max 28 euros a night, wow, and then hopefully dropping to 20 euros if enough people go.

good work fellas!

I can confirm that getting to Vienna at the moment will cost me (UK'ers)

£144 Return from Gatwick (Fri - Mon) decent flight times (getting to Vienna at 15:00, getting to UK 17:00) (Later flights there and back on Friday will reduce it to £90)

And I may even arrive a day early to explore vienna and meet you guys at the airport for the KOA Fun Car/Bus ride :)

I guess downside is that if our return in Vienna is quite early, it could be a VERY early car drive and we could all have different times....although like I said, I don't mind staying a night extra either side in Vienna to help this get sorted ;)

Saying that tho I am still confident UK can get to GRAZ in November hopefully ;)

Mark