Interested in visiting Austria 2013? (if we are alive :))

Talk about any Kick Off Tournament here.

Moderator: Moderators

WC 2013 Voitsberg/Austria

Poll ended at Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:18 pm

YES
85%
NO
No votes
I don't know
No votes
I would like to have the World Cup in another country
10%
We won't survive the 21st december :)
5%

Total votes: 20
durban
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Interested in visiting Austria 2013? (if we are alive :)

Postby durban » Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:51 pm

Mate, seems Ryanair is still flying from Stanstead to Klagenfurt (just over an hour south I beleive so not that much more).

the prices (and more importantly times) are pretty reasonable for mid May (normally same price as November) so around £51 each way.

Thats not so bad, just need to wait for their November schedule to be available, lets hope they don't cut it :)

3 or 4 from UK could share the cost of a taxi. Only downside is that they only fly on Thursdays / Saturdays and Tuesdays so could be a very long weekend.

thursday flights leave Stanstead (currently) at around 14:00 and arrive around 17:00

They leave Klagenfurt around 11am and arrive home around 16:00 so not that bad I guess just means we need to sort out the accomodation for 5 nights instead of the normal 3

Mark
No longer the only UK based Liverpool, Nottingham Forest and Crewe supporter in the whole of the KOA!!!
Armingo
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!

Postby Armingo » Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:41 pm

Many thanks for this idea...I´ve also seen that but I don´t want to give you a info without knowing the flight schedules for NOV.

Klagenfurt is also a really nice small airport without long waiting times or something like this. The traveling time is about 1 hour, maybe you should stop on our famous Wörthersee or maybe you wanna see a little bit of our nature so, in your case, I would calculate a longer traveling time (but it´s worth) ;)
Armingo
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!

Postby Armingo » Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:48 pm

for our spanish mate rodolfo, pls check

www.flyniki.com

normally they´ve a lot of good offers to Graz.

BR
Armin
coldie

Postby coldie » Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:08 pm

Thanks to my brother for answering the travel details. Klagenfurt would be the nearest airport for a direct flight from UK. German players have many direct flights to Graz airports. For Greece and Italian players Vienna should be the preferred airfort, although north italian players could arrive by car (as they did 2009 World Cup)
Freshmaker

Postby Freshmaker » Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:24 pm

How is it to get from Vienna to Voitsberg? Train is fine, I love going by train. :)
-----------------------------
Jørn F.M.
Founding member of FÖKOF (and FAKO).
The Aftertouch Podcast.
Wayne's and Nick's Carreer Ender
Manager of The People's Lockout!
Il portiere è mongoloide!
Armingo
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!

Postby Armingo » Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:52 pm

There´s the CAT (City Airport Train). This train is a permanent direction between airport and the central station in Vienna. From Vienna there´s every hour a train to Graz, and from Graz to Voitsberg it depends on the date but I thing (hopefully I speak the truth :D ) there´s also a train every hour, so you´ve 2 stops to Voitsberg, so if you don´t have the possibility to travel directly to Graz it´s better for you to take a flight to Klagenfurt.

BR
Freshmaker

Postby Freshmaker » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:17 pm

Thank you. I ask, because I checked, and flights to Vienna may come dirt cheap, while both Graz and Klagenfurt are way expensive, so a nice train-ride would be cool. :)
-----------------------------
Jørn F.M.
Founding member of FÖKOF (and FAKO).
The Aftertouch Podcast.
Wayne's and Nick's Carreer Ender
Manager of The People's Lockout!
Il portiere è mongoloide!
durban
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby durban » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:43 pm

I would be up for a train ride or two if it saved a few bucks as vienna is cheap for me from manchester....we shall see
No longer the only UK based Liverpool, Nottingham Forest and Crewe supporter in the whole of the KOA!!!
durban
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby durban » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:44 pm

Ok i have been in touch with a friend, Graz airport are trying to do a deal to get ryanair back in, its a long shot but they may start flying in summer again (which covers november normally) but saying that ryan air are bastards so it will have to be an amazing deal for them to change their minds...lets hope :£
r.cross

Postby r.cross » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:49 pm

Armingo wrote:There´s the CAT (City Airport Train). This train is a permanent direction between airport and the central station in Vienna. From Vienna there´s every hour a train to Graz, and from Graz to Voitsberg

Just as I travelled home from the Milan WC. It's not a particularly short trip, but it was really comfortable. I don't use public means of transport a lot - thought I should do it more often after arriving home. If you can save money that way I'd go for it!
Rodolfo
3000+ poster!
3000+ poster!

Postby Rodolfo » Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:14 pm

Armingo wrote:for our spanish mate rodolfo, pls check

http://www.flyniki.com

normally they´ve a lot of good offers to Graz.

BR
Armin

Thank you, last time there I already flew with Air Berlin and Niki. It was not cheap, 264e, but right from home and at decent times. However now, and I hate to add any negativity note to this great plan, things do not look good at all. The cheaper I can get from my city is 328e to Graz, and with a 25 hours return journey. Almost the same in price and duration from Sevilla and Málaga.

I really hope that as the year goes on this will look better and something will come up, because conditions right now seem almost unacceptable.

Rodolfo Martín. KO2 Player. KOA member since 2002. FEKO # 1.
Armingo
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!

Postby Armingo » Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:48 am

Rodolfo, I´ve checked and a flight from Jerez to Vienna will be about 220 EUR.
But you´re right, from Jerez to Graz there´s no acceptable price :/ Hopefully it change but in your case I would be ready to fly to vienna and travel by train or maybe, as i mentioned above, we can make a pick up.

BR
Armin
Rodolfo
3000+ poster!
3000+ poster!

Postby Rodolfo » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:12 am

Armingo wrote:Rodolfo, I´ve checked and a flight from Jerez to Vienna will be about 220 EUR.
But you´re right, from Jerez to Graz there´s no acceptable price :/ Hopefully it change but in your case I would be ready to fly to vienna and travel by train or maybe, as i mentioned above, we can make a pick up.

BR
Armin

I am sure we will find a way! :)

Also checked the Vienna option (200e from Madrid, 300e from Jerez in my yesterday searches), but all arriving times were in the night, around 23:00, and I guess that that makes me take an extra night there and travel the next morning...

Rodolfo Martín. KO2 Player. KOA member since 2002. FEKO # 1.