Let's all thank the Milanese organizers for this awesome WC

Talk about any Kick Off Tournament here.

Moderator: Moderators

alkis21

Postby alkis21 » Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:05 pm

Gianni, Alessandro, MariaChiara and everyone else who helped to make this happen...

Remember, remember, the 4th and the 3rd of November
durban
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby durban » Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:11 pm

Absolutely, great experience well organised especially taking into account the numbers..we even had a tv crew.

Best thing has to be the lego kickoff players as trophies, whoever came up with that is a genius!!!

Thanks to all the guys in Italy but bigger thanks to the Girls who were incredible....thanks !!!
No longer the only UK based Liverpool, Nottingham Forest and Crewe supporter in the whole of the KOA!!!
Torchiador
3000+ poster!
3000+ poster!

Re: Let's all thank the Milanese organizers for this awesome

Postby Torchiador » Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:01 am

Thanks dudes!
sorry for being so rarely on the forum lately , but for the world cup organization I left behind many other things and now I'm catching up everything so, quite busy at the moment.
Unluckily my brain was so much switched of Sunday night at the final ceremony that I wasn't even able to make a decorous speech to express my thanks to everyone of you.
Give me some more day and I will be here again for a proper thank-you letter! :)
Torchiador
3000+ poster!
3000+ poster!

Postby Torchiador » Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:59 pm

First off all, I want to thank everyone of you who went in Milan to join this world cup. it is just thanks to you if we had a fantastic week end in a great venue. Of course as organizers we had some merits, but the venue has been paid all together. everyone who join a world cup is true world cup builder. Thank you very much.

Second, I want to say thanks to all the guys who had part in the world cup organization:
A big thanks to my friend and work mate Andrea Rosso whom helped a lot to set the tournament room and he brought also a precious 14" CRT TV. besides this, without nobody asked him, he went to the super market and bought a load of Coca Cola and other things for the KOA by his pocket. Thanks to my employer Davide whom shared with the KOA his 14" CRT TV.
Fabrizio Radica Although he really wanted to join the world cup, due to financial issues he couldn't make it. He shared his hardware even without to join the world cup. His award is to have his own Amiga signed by Dino Dini and the pen he used to sign it too :)
Denny Menato From Venice, he went alone in Milan with his Amiga, monitor and Fabrizio's hardware. He had a big problem on sunday night and he had to come back home early sunday so he wasn't able to play day two world cup, but he came back in the evening to salute everybody and take back the hardware.
Lorenzo Ceselli and Lorenzo Lozito A load of hardware from them and above all a load work during the world cup trying to solve hardware problems. Considering how many times Alessandro was in late, without Lorenzo probably the world cup would have started on monday.
Just a small digression: men, we have a problem: we are getting old. This sad problem regards also our precious hardware. every year Amigas have new audio problems, video problems and above all, good 14" CRT TVs and monitors are very difficult to find, VERY difficult. and whom were good, now aren't good any more, they are getting old too. I'm starting to think that there will be a moment in with we will have to accept the compromise to use laptops to play Kick Off 2. and just few Amigas to play the key games on the original one.
I say this because every year we play many games on TVs that had a bad brightness/contrast, bad/no audio and the most we go ahead, the most it happens. (btw I TESTED EVERY SINGLE world cup's TV at home playing KO2 and they all worked correctly with audio... the world cup days are very stressful for Amiga and monitor :) ).

Thanks also to Luigi, Mario and Fabio to share their precious hardware.
Then of course a BIG thanks to 3 key men of the the KOA, it is not a case that all of them have got the KOA life time award:
Alkis who followed me the whole year and the whole world cup week end in relation to many organizers-stuff to do/to remember and about the TDM (Torture Death Machine) AKA the software we use to handle the world cup tournament, and btw, thanks for the great help he gave me on the monday's world cup. instead to visit Milan, he helped me in the tournament venue and moved TVs, Amigas to the warehouse until the time of his flight. thanks!!
Steve for his great work for the KO2CV, to support and to stand me in many and many ways, not last, his moral support in thousand of chats during the year!
Our Durban I will not forget his daily work in to manage the registrations and world cup site issues, always very fast and patient to give me an answer and fix problems. Our direct channel with our very smart phones worked very well :)
I want to say thanks also to Dino DIni, his attendance gave a magic touch to the world cup. All the world cups are unforgettable, but this one, with Dino was special actually. I'm sure he understood now how much the KOA loves him and I have the sensation that this love is even returned!
Let me say thanks also to somebody who worked in back ground:
Donatella (Maria Chiara's mother) who helped to prepare badges and other things.
Mamma Rosy (my mom) she gave us the Kick Off House allowing to have 4 nice fellows at the world cup.
Nadia and Alessio doing the dirty job for the world cup, behind the desk, they did the job with fun, enthusiasm and competence.
Pietro, who supported us in many ways, and giving us very good ideas in to dress the world cup in the way you had the pleasure to see.
Of course I don't forget to thank Alessandro who spent much time and money in the beginning of the world cup organization, whom was the man behind the trophies and and the t-shirts. Also him opened the doors to host a couple of the KOA family.
Thanks also to Cornelius for his great idea and realizing the pop ups in front of the web cam to greet our friends who couldn't join the world cup.
A big thanks to the Concorde Hotel Staff, very professional, I was impressed by their presence for the venue, the kitchen. In all the way they were involved, they showed skills. btw, if you want to give a review with trip advisor, they would be grateful to you.

At last, in my name and in name of the whole KOA, want to say thanks to MARIA CHIARA
I think she is the biggest , real and true supporter of the KOA, she loves you all and she did her best to feel yourself at home.
She has been head, hand and action of all the artistic parts of the world cup. she drew the world cup site spending I don't know much time, days to work for that, she passed a whole afternoon to paint the big carton boxes (pixel) kick off ball, all the artwork, the 2 meters high roll up, the friday night pad draw, the cards for each world cup player, and I cannot remember how many other things she did to make this world cup special. THANKS THANKS THANKS!

Thank you all again, hope to see you all next year wherever the world cup will be.

Gianni
Freshmaker

Postby Freshmaker » Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:25 pm

What Gianni said. :)
-----------------------------
Jørn F.M.
Founding member of FÖKOF (and FAKO).
The Aftertouch Podcast.
Wayne's and Nick's Carreer Ender
Manager of The People's Lockout!
Il portiere è mongoloide!
gkakas
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!

Postby gkakas » Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:34 am

Hi Friends,

I had a great time in Milan. I met so many friends, so many high quality KO2 players, Dino Dini, had a lot of games, scored a goal in indoors soccer, enjoyed very good food, and the always excellent mood for all of the people that were around.

I am sorry that I did not train enough to compete with all this quality of players that was there. I am also sorry that I could not help more with the s/w. If someone pushes me slightly I will start working on an online version of the tool, so that the organizer does not have to learn using the tool each year (as the tool can go through the whole WC without manual work during the tournament, but without documentation it is impossible for someone to know how to achieve this).

This was a very tough period for me (and still is) and this tournament was my little personal vacations this year and were well spent. If my bro

THANK YOU Gianni, Alessandro, Luigi, Mario and Fabio, Lorenzo C & L, Steve & Alkis, Maria-Chiara,, the moms, Denny, Fabrizio, Davide, Alessio & Nadia, Durban & Pedro and all the others that I might be forgetting for making this such an event.

I won't say more as I am running to go to the office Saturday morning... But next year I a will meet Michael at the final!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

AGAIN

THANK YOU

and also:

CONGRATULATIONS FOR THIS W/C
Health is the longest road to death.
Rodolfo
3000+ poster!
3000+ poster!

Postby Rodolfo » Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:13 pm

In adittion to all this, I have earned a lot of frequent flyer Iberia points thanks to the great WC Hotel :)

Very well chosen, thank you!!!

Rodolfo Martín. KO2 Player. KOA member since 2002. FEKO # 1.