9th ITALIAN CHAMPIONSHIP 2011 - June 4| Results: Page 2

Talk about any Kick Off Tournament here.

Moderator: Moderators

alkis21

Re: 9th ITALIAN CHAMPIONSHIP 2011 - Milan 4th June - RESULTS

Postby alkis21 » Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:03 pm

Well played Gianni, you managed to beat Paolo this time. Who I see that he's getting even better. And as in Dubai this is a family business with Alessandro second both times. 3rd place is the best Marco's ever done in a Milan international so well played for him too. I can't believe the Ficheras were absent again.
Remember, remember, the 4th and the 3rd of November
Robert Swift

Re: 9th ITALIAN CHAMPIONSHIP 2011 - June 4| Results: Page 2

Postby Robert Swift » Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:32 pm

Congratulations Gianni. A shame that some big names did not turn up to this (?) Ficchera brothers and Luca. However, GREAT to see my old rival Marco D back in action. It seems he lost none of his skills. Frank's slump continues, but at least he is still not afraid to seek out the toughest KO2 opponents in all places. This is really good to see.

Frank, you are coming to where I did a few years ago, trying to get better, trying to learn everyone's game, but instead finding new people that beat you and new ways to lose. Don't expect your game to benefit from this now. Indeed it may even get worse. But in a few years' time, actually you may look back and notice that you learned a lot of things from these travels and can use them selectively. I know you want to be the best, NOW, but it doesn't work like that. Look at Alessandro... he travelled and played many UK and foreign tournaments and was AVERAGE+ player for a long time, but maybe 3-4 years later now and he's an extremely powerful opponent. Same for Steve Evil, Garry, Simon. I hope you take this to heart, because I sense that you travel to each of these tournaments expecting your ranking to improve and your game to get better each time, and when it seems to go in reverse, I know it makes you quite disappointed and angry. There is a belief that work should equal gain. But this is where Waynie went wrong and went crazy. Play the games, do the travel, but don't expect the results straight away. Waynie is a good example. I played him just before I left the UK, two years after he had 'quit' because he 'wasnt getting better'. Actually, despite not playing for those two years suddenly he was MUCH better. He beat Simon, James, and me. Why? Because he didn't put the pressure on himself and could apply everything he learned in a relaxed, automatic and fun way.
Torchiador
3000+ poster!
3000+ poster!

Postby Torchiador » Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:40 am

alkis21 wrote:Well played Gianni, you managed to beat Paolo this time. Who I see that he's getting even better. And as in Dubai this is a family business with Alessandro second both times. 3rd place is the best Marco's ever done in a Milan international so well played for him too. [...]

Thanks Alkis and Robert!
I'm really glad for the Marco's return too. and I have been glad to see that he is still strong. of course some dust over his joystick and his skills, but in spite of his inactivity, he didn't lose the train at the station.
About cousin: what I can say? he has got just one handicap: he hasn't an Amiga up and running in his flat. if he would practice a bit alone, to score when he is in the penalty box, probably he would be in the first world cup seed. he is the best playmaker who I know. Yesterday he even scored the best goal I saw at the tournament.
About Paolo, he is a natural. he doesn't know the tactic he is using, he is completely unpracticed and if it isn't enough, he uses also a very ugly, slow, hard and not precise joystick . but look at his stats.
Robert Swift wrote:A shame that some big names did not turn up to this (?) Ficchera brothers
alkis21 wrote:I can't believe the Ficheras were absent again.

You know, in those years I always defended their reasons. but now I have had enough. They are simply cowards.
We played two tournaments, the second one started at 17.30. If they really wanted, they could join us, if they really had to work till 16.00. They could come there at least to say "ciao" since they work (if work was the real reason) less then 10 km far from the tournament room. on Saturday afternoon holiday that distance is covered in 10-15 minutes, no more. BTW, Mario told me he wouldn't join us via SMS (without even a phone call) just the evening before the tournament, while I was with Thorsten and Frank. Fabio even didn't come saying nothing. I tried to call Fabio Saturday noon, he even didn't answer or text anything later.
They simply don't care about KOA people, they are afraid about competition, so they prefer easy wins with Maurizio.
In my opinion their absence is a lack of respect to those who spent a day to come here by car, train, airplane, for this tournament and past tournaments held here. And it's a lack or respect to me too.
I could go on but I think it there are many other important think to do, instead to speak about those who were absent. better to speak about those who were there, the fun they had, the fight we had, the victories, the defeat. Oh yes, also the draws! Who will forget the incredible 8-8 between Marco and cousin?!?
A deep report of the tournaments will follow soon!
Abyss

Postby Abyss » Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:37 am

Torchiador wrote:A deep report of the tournaments will follow soon!

Hahaha... who are you kidding?

Congratulations to all - the battle for 2nd place especially seemed thrilling.
KONEY
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!

Re: 9th ITALIAN CHAMPIONSHIP 2011 - Milan 4th June

Postby KONEY » Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:39 am

Loney??? :eeko: :lolo:

kRadD wrote:Impressions
------------------
Thanks for coming also to Loney and Fabrizio. Don't be so nervous next time then you will win against me soon.
Torchiador
3000+ poster!
3000+ poster!

Postby Torchiador » Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:07 pm

Spyros! here you are! :)

First of all, a big thanks for our welcome foreigners friends who joined the tournament, Thanks Thrsten and Frank, it has been a pleasure to have you here and you are always welcome! Thanks also to bring and share your precious Commodore hardware and helping me to set up the tournament room and all the things around!
Thanks also to all the other guy who joined the tournament, in particular Koney, Tommaso and Lorenzo who went here with their hardware, I think it has been the first tournament where the most of the amigas were A1200!
Now my comments:

Koney: he know how to handle the ball, he has got a good ball control, but, at the moment, he actually doesn't know the tricks to pass through Fischer. That means 2 things: first you don't score, second, you pass the ball to your opponent who has one chance more to score a goal. I'm confident he will learn how to use the Fischer weakness and numbers will change. There is also a very good tutorial written by Dagh, I'm quite sure it would be a great help.

Fabrizio: more or less the same as Koney, with the difference he scores a couple of kind of Kick Off Lob.

Flavio: he scored very few goals in the first tournament, interesting to see how things change: in the second tournament he managed to win 4 games, vs just one victory in the first one tournament. Who remembers about his performance between day one and day two at Voitsberg world cup?
He is the man of the mystery.

Thorsten: 3-1-6 and 3-0-6 It is a good performance, considering the draw with his arch rival opponent Flavio, and the great victory over Tommaso, but I expect better things in the future from him. I think that he just needs to change a bit approach to the game. I mean he needs to be more selective in attack where many times he tries useless actions which they drive him just to lose the ball, and to use more often those kind of action that give you more chances to score a goal. The same in defence.
He performed the 2 tournaments basically at the same way.

Lorenzo: he is improved since Duesseldorf, he still can't compete with the first class bigs, as his defence is still few weakness and he doesn't score enough to stay in touch with such machine guns. but in a perfect game, he could be a danger for everyone. One of his power is his mental solidity. this power let him to beat Tommaso twice. I'm sure we didn't see the best Lorenzo yet, he has to climb more stairs in the world cup ladder.

Tommaso: If I had to predict his final position at the beginning of the tournament, I would have said second or third, as I played him many times lately and I saw how many ways he is able to score, how many good and working routines he has got from kick off, goal kick, and how good he is to improvise. Besides his very strong defence, the very deep and accurate knowledge of all the tactics he has got one of the best header timing in midfield, I could compare him to Alkis, in this particular skill. So what? well, pressure is like a blackboard eraser. you forget everything you know. that is the only reason because Tommaso scored just 2,80 goal per game in the first tournament. 2,80 isn't enough even if you have the second best defence of the tournament (like he had, 2,60). the two results against Lorenzo, added to those in the past in official games, are becoming a prove about his low skill in to manage the tournament tension. I mean that in friendlies, Tommaso wins Lorenzo 3 times on 4. but in official matches the records say another one story. Tension is the hardest opponent to beat.

Frank: even if the reasoning of Robert makes sense, Frank is not Waynie though. To leave the battle because of some defeats, isn't actually the Frank who I know. there will come other battles, to win, to lose, I'm sure that Frank will still in the middle of the fight. and, like for Lorenzo, I'm sure that Frank didn't show his best yet. I'm sure he is on the way.
Just for the record, Frank lost the second place of the main tournament, at the very last game against Tommaso. Tommaso won it 3-2 and that defeat costed Frank 3 positions: Alessandro would have been 3rd due to goal difference. UNLUCKY!

Paolo: I wouldn't know if I should train him or not, he is for me a real threat already!!! anyway, besides to be a very nice fellow, he is skills. very fast, great reflex, probably he sees the game in The Matrix view. he knows and understands KO2 very deeply even without making the reverse engineering! He performed very well in both the tournaments with some up and down.
A very thrilling game with me, ended 10-7 in the second tournament, a tough fight in the first half of the first match.

Marco: the great come back. his quickness and reaction are still intact, he had many close fights, and he is a real master of close fights, Alkis remember something about Rickmansworth. He won the game with Paolo in a very tense challenge.
A great draw with Alessandro in a sensational game, 8-8 is a not usual score for both of them.
Frank can be proud to win over such a good player. Marco got also a 5-5 draw with Tommaso, unfortunately I couldn't see that game but It had to be a very nice and interesting game between two very strong defences. We had a nice challenge, Marco just lost at the distance.

Alessandro: when we played our first match, he was still undefeated and he played one of his best game against me, he stopped me many and many times, he remained always at the wheel at least 2 goals behind, but the most of the time, he was behind just by one goal. I scored the closing goal at the very last second, after one his good chance how could determinate the draw. Very solid. In the game we played in the second tournament I started an unstoppable forcing and I closed the first half 8-0 but in the second half cousin locked the door avoiding the double digit and avoiding the infamous small ring.
If Alessandro would dedicate a bit of time to practice a bit alone... too bad for him!

Gianni: I'have found a good joystick and it is giving to me a very nice feeling, very few unforced errors mean a lot in a close fight. I had few tense matches, one with Frank (6-2 is a false result, the game has been nailed on the 2-2 count for 3/4 of the match) then the one with cousin and the 2 matches with Paolo, the first one was 2-2 for long time, then I changed gear and he lost the contact with me. In the second one, it has been a long run, in the middle of the match I maximized the gap but in the end, Paolo went closer.
I also wanted to see my solidity in the whole noon of 19 games, and I have been glad to see that I played even better in the second tournament, of course the tension wasn't like the first one so less mistakes and more goals.
I'm glad for the way I played, even if some times I scored to much, I think that my opponent wasn't annoyed from my way to score, they weren't copy/paste goal, I tried and scored in the most possible ways I know, even few lobs ;) and one very nice header own goal (k**t Fischer)
I'm sad that we had the problem with the trophies, they didn't come on time so no prices and presentation at the end of the tournament. anyway we will have time to give you what you deserved! Very amatorial organization though.
gdh82
6000+ Poster!
6000+ Poster!

Postby gdh82 » Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:22 pm

Congratulations Gianni, both on claiming the Italian Championship 2011 but also on a interesting and very speedy write-up! :) Some nice pictures too clearly showing everyone had a good time. 8) Well played all.
All the goals, the stats, the stories & more from the KO2 WC 2011 - please click here

And click here for everything you'll ever need to know about KO2!
Robert Swift

Postby Robert Swift » Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:36 pm

Shit, I really wish I could play KO2 now.
Tripod
2000+ Poster!
2000+ Poster!

Postby Tripod » Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:22 am

Love the photos - cool board game I've never seen before and a sweet cat! Tough competitions, too, but Gianni, come on, drop a point somewhere! Instead of organiser syndrome it reeks of home advantage, probably coming from that poster of the old pope and mother Teresa...
WC Performances 2003: 28/31 - 2004: 14/43 - 2005: 17/63 - 2006: 31/50 - 2008: 12/41 - 2009: 14/34 - 2010: 24/46
Panayotis7

Postby Panayotis7 » Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:43 am

The first photo (after the results) is breaking my heart.... :,-(
Proud Tartufist
Torchiador
3000+ poster!
3000+ poster!

Postby Torchiador » Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:22 am

Panayotis7 wrote:The first photo (after the results) is breaking my heart.... :,-(
We had a thought for you there! come on, 360 days from your next tartufo and LeccPizza!
Tripod wrote:Love the photos - cool board game I've never seen before and a sweet cat! Tough competitions, too, but Gianni, come on, drop a point somewhere! Instead of organiser syndrome it reeks of home advantage, probably coming from that poster of the old pope and mother Teresa...

We always place an amiga in front of that poster, it is called the Miracle amigastation as often strange results happen there. Someone saw Thorsten to score an overhead kick there.
Last edited by Torchiador on Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tripod
2000+ Poster!
2000+ Poster!

Postby Tripod » Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:37 am

:lol: :lol: :lol:
WC Performances 2003: 28/31 - 2004: 14/43 - 2005: 17/63 - 2006: 31/50 - 2008: 12/41 - 2009: 14/34 - 2010: 24/46
KONEY
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!

Postby KONEY » Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:53 pm

Thanx Gianni for the review and for the organization of the event, I had a great time! I need to train but I haven't got so much time. I do my best :P

Torchiador wrote:Koney: he know how to handle the ball, he has got a good ball control, but, at the moment, he actually doesn't know the tricks to pass through Fischer. That means 2 things: first you don't score, second, you pass the ball to your opponent who has one chance more to score a goal. I'm confident he will learn how to use the Fischer weakness and numbers will change. There is also a very good tutorial written by Dagh, I'm quite sure it would be a great help.