3rd Greek Championships | Results: Page 6

Talk about any Kick Off Tournament here.

Moderator: Moderators

Robert Swift

Re: 3rd Greek Championships | Results: Page 6

Postby Robert Swift » Sun Apr 03, 2011 5:00 pm

Great fun, this tournament. As England's representative I had some good results, with the wins over Panayotis and Ektoras, draw with Alkis and close 3-4 with Gianni and - believe it or not - I spent most of the day in positions 1-3. Annoyingly though, due to Greek rules, because George, Panayotis and I were on 25 points, I ended in 7th despite much better goal difference. I will content myself that, in any non-Greek league I would have been 5th... But these regional variations are one of the joys of the KOA.

Congratulations to Gianni who has shown that not only can he win in his own home tournaments but he can also travel to Athens, London, Dubai and beat the best opponents. Winning this tournament was not easy. As luck would have it, the game with Spyros was at the end. Gianni won this decider very convincingly, which is a major achievement as Spyros had been in excellent form all day. Well done to Nikos who also produced a very solid performance, beating Panayotis, Alkis and Spyros.
Abyss

Re: 3rd Greek Championships: April 3 + Special Guests

Postby Abyss » Sun Apr 03, 2011 5:20 pm

Kostas O wrote:
Abyss wrote:Alkis, this sig of yours is obsolete!

You are fast, man!

Yeah, I hear that a lot.
kRadD

Postby kRadD » Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:53 pm

Concratulation Gianni, seems you worked hard for the title (2 games lost).

Good result Michael Ma, not losing 3 games in this crowd of wold class players is a good result.

Come on Antonis, even coming last, is not that if you look at the opponements.

Thanks to the organizers for this nice tournament, hope to be at another issue of the greek champs.
goalkeeper

Postby goalkeeper » Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:47 am

Wow great tournament!
Nice to see that the last in this very strong line-up get more than zero points and also the non elite players hit very good results(i.e. Michael 6-7 vs Robert or 1-2 vs. George).
Congratulations to Gianni and Spyros :no1:
Well done all!
alkis21

Postby alkis21 » Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:25 am

I corrected the standings as Michael was curiously displayed below Kostas Ka although their game was a draw and he had a better goal difference. Fair play to Kostas for pointing this out.

Here is the group picture, I'll write a full report later -it wasn't just a tournament, it was a great weekend full of activities- and post the rest of the pictures tonight.

Remember, remember, the 4th and the 3rd of November
gdh82
6000+ Poster!
6000+ Poster!

Re: 3rd Greek Championships: April 3 + Special Guests

Postby gdh82 » Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:58 am

alkis21 wrote:Image

Wow! What a dramatic GC that sounded, with a climactic ending between Gianni and Spyros. Congratulations Gianni! :no1: With players taking points off each other, only 3 points separated the top four! Gianni losing to Alkis and George; Spyros to Nikos, George and Gianni; Nikos to Gianni and Ektoras; and Alkis to Spyros, Nikos and Panyotis. So many twists and turns. And three players came joint 5th on points! Well played Rob for flying the flag so well. Glad everyone tasted victory in such an unforgiving league like that too. Played.

Sounded a very memorable Greek Championships - for those not around at the time, were you able to capture any of it using Ustream's record facility?
All the goals, the stats, the stories & more from the KO2 WC 2011 - please click here

And click here for everything you'll ever need to know about KO2!
manicx
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby manicx » Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:08 am

Several matches of the top players were recorded directly on a computer and will be uploaded soon. We will discuss with Kostas where, when and how. Expect some quality uploads soon...

I will write a review soon. It was a fantastic tournament, probably one of the toughest and more fascinating ones I have ever participated in. You couldn't say who will win it. At one point we were saying Cyclops, another, Alkopops, another Yannis, another Robertos, another Neeeekos, another Panasonic. Crazy!
Tripod
2000+ Poster!
2000+ Poster!

Postby Tripod » Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:11 pm

Very impressive, guys!
WC Performances 2003: 28/31 - 2004: 14/43 - 2005: 17/63 - 2006: 31/50 - 2008: 12/41 - 2009: 14/34 - 2010: 24/46
Rodolfo
3000+ poster!
3000+ poster!

Postby Rodolfo » Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:59 pm

Everything shows that it was a great tournament. Once of these years I should be able to make it to old Athens again.
Congratulations to the Champion, our King Gianni, and to the best Greek, our friend Spyros. I expect to see soon more pictures of all of you. Well, not all of you really, you can skip Ektoras if he insists in wearing that horrible tshirt :P

Rodolfo Martín. KO2 Player. KOA member since 2002. FEKO # 1.
manicx
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby manicx » Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:08 pm

If I knew that in advance, I would go there with my Real Madrid t-shirt! ;)
Rodolfo
3000+ poster!
3000+ poster!

Postby Rodolfo » Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:24 pm

manicx wrote:If I knew that in advance, I would go there with my Real Madrid t-shirt! ;)

Cheers! We will still have at least a couple of times this very month to wear that with proud. Or perhaps bury it until next season...

But back to topic, I am happy to see you all in this picture! I thought of you all along the weekend, specially last friday after finding Mythos beer in a Jerez supermarket.

Rodolfo Martín. KO2 Player. KOA member since 2002. FEKO # 1.
Torchiador
3000+ poster!
3000+ poster!

Postby Torchiador » Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:52 pm

Great fun! It's been a very nice and hard tournament! one of the highest level I've ever joined, also the players who aren't used to stay at the top of the table played very well, giving to the tournament some more surprises!
The most incredible thing has been the way the finals went. we carried out the fixture to letter, and the last two games were Neeekos Vs Khalifa Robert and Spyros Vs me. Basically all the firsts 7 position have been decided by those last two games.
Robert could even finish 4th. In the very last game I could finish 4th.
Great tournament and great week end, I enjoyed really much the fantastic hospitality of the Greeks. thank you so much!
My review of the week end will follow *soon*
gdh82
6000+ Poster!
6000+ Poster!

Postby gdh82 » Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:24 pm

manicx wrote:Several matches of the top players were recorded directly on a computer and will be uploaded soon. We will discuss with Kostas where, when and how. Expect some quality uploads soon...

I will write a review soon. It was a fantastic tournament, probably one of the toughest and more fascinating ones I have ever participated in. You couldn't say who will win it. At one point we were saying Cyclops, another, Alkopops, another Yannis, another Robertos, another Neeeekos, another Panasonic. Crazy!

8) Excellent news you've got some footage from this exceptional gathering. The more I hear, the better it sounds.
All the goals, the stats, the stories & more from the KO2 WC 2011 - please click here

And click here for everything you'll ever need to know about KO2!