3rd Greek Championships | Results: Page 6

Talk about any Kick Off Tournament here.

Moderator: Moderators

r.cross

Re: 3rd Greek Championships | Results: Page 6

Postby r.cross » Thu Apr 07, 2011 6:27 pm

Unfortunately I have no pics of the big gathering, but I can add two of the mini gathering.

the players:
the referee:
Vag

Postby Vag » Sat Apr 09, 2011 5:18 am

Thank you all :-)
That was the tournament I enjoyed the most! I wanted to play but I"m happy I decided not to.
I played some friendlies, probably 6-7 and 3 more with a visitor, after all KOA members were gone.
Having three players from abroad was so nice and I blame myself for not playing with them.
Surprisingly enough, my wife liked it even though she didn't make much fun of us. My kids of cource loved it, they could run around and eat chocolate.
Click here and here.
gkakas
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!

Postby gkakas » Sat Apr 09, 2011 3:41 pm

Well, I read a lot here today and they all remind me how great fun this tournament has been. (had no time in the week : to read the posts)

It was really very fun because in each game I played I did not know what to expect.

Let's see it : I won against Gianni !!! I admit, things would have been different if the game was taking place 2-3 matches later. Very different: I could have lost with 10 goals difference. But this did not happen, so even for the result I will be happy. The bad thing is that Gianni will get his revenge in the next WC, so please Alkis do something with the groups to get me out of his way!!! I hope he has forgotten that one of my goals was "slightly" out :-)

I played well against Alkis too. Unfortunately not for the whole game, so at some point Alkis got a big difference (2-1 became 2-5), but I was in the game until the final whistle, so against such an opponent I was happy for the result.

We had a very nice game with Spyros. Very calm game, with lots of passing, no lobs etc. I am very happy to have won this game.

I also had a big match with Nikos... 5-5 but it was a match for big screen indeed... I did not expect it at that time because I was not playing well for at least two games, and I thought that I would go down, but it turned out to be a very good game with lots of lost opportunities.

I am trying to forget the games against Ektoras and Panagiotis. They are both better than me, no doubt, but in these particular games ti was too much. I did not even exist in the field... I could not get my players go straight...

I got a big win against Robert. I think that Robert had his bad game with me, like I did with Ektoras and Panagiotis.

Something like that was also with Kostas O. Otherwise, Kostas would have given me a very hard time, as he always does.

But it is the other 4 games that were as big as the one with Gianni for me...

Kostas Ka: for the half of the game he was better than me. But he just did not score to put me in great trouble, so at some point I got the win.

Michael: That was a close one. I could not expect so much of improvement. I think that this might be the last time that I expect to win Michael. Actually I do not understand really why I expected to win this day! I hope he won't keep improving at this rate! :twisted:

Antonis: Whoever reads the final score, cannot get what happened in the field. If I am not wrong, I think I equalized for the 3rd time 2:30 before the end of the game...

And last the one with Stelios... We usually have hard games with Stelios. But this time I could just do nothing about it. During the game Stelios insisted that he was lucky having all of his shots were in etc. But the fact is that whenever I was attacking, I could do nothing with the ball. I did 23 shots and I doubt if 5 of them where really some kind of chances. He dissolved me completely with his strategy and took a big rightful win. I will revenge this :D

I forgot about Vasilis K 2-1... But I also think Vasilis wants to forget about it, as the funs of the game do :lol: 0-0 would be the fair result of this game! I do not even recall how we managed to score.

So let's plan for new tournaments Greci !
Last edited by gkakas on Sat Apr 09, 2011 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Health is the longest road to death.
gkakas
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!

Postby gkakas » Sat Apr 09, 2011 3:46 pm

I did not want to put my thanks to Vangelis and the others in the long post I sent, risking to be lost. So I put them here.

Vangelis thank you for all the hospitality. ( But you should have participated :) )

I would also like to thank Alkis, Panagiotis, Kostas and everyone else who took the lead to organize this event.

g

Vag wrote:Thank you all :-)
That was the tournament I enjoyed the most! I wanted to play but I"m happy I decided not to.
I played some friendlies, probably 6-7 and 3 more with a visitor, after all KOA members were gone.
Having three players from abroad was so nice and I blame myself for not playing with them.
Surprisingly enough, my wife liked it even though she didn't make much fun of us. My kids of cource loved it, they could run around and eat chocolate.
Health is the longest road to death.
gdh82
6000+ Poster!
6000+ Poster!

Postby gdh82 » Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:19 am

Excellent write-ups and pictures. Some very thoughtful and funny observations from everyone. A great read on what was clearly a superb weekend. Thanks for taking the trouble to share. Imo such 'tournament diaries' are great to revisit and helps the memories/fun last even longer. :)
All the goals, the stats, the stories & more from the KO2 WC 2011 - please click here

And click here for everything you'll ever need to know about KO2!
Torchiador
3000+ poster!
3000+ poster!

Postby Torchiador » Mon Apr 11, 2011 3:11 pm

Perfect fly with easyjet, we arrived on time in Athens at 14.05, cloudy, a bit cold but no rain.
Just a 30 minutes trip with the Metro and we found Spyros who collected us at the Metro station to join his family for a wonderful Lunch (Capital letter for lunch is intended) cooked by Tatiana, who gave a great pleasure to our palates :)
We had fun also with the Spyros’ daughters, it was funny to see them speaking with Mary, expecting a quick reaction or a quick answer in greek! They are really lovable!
Spyros lives just outside Athens, on a hillside and just out of his wonderful and huge living room, is it possible to see the whole Athens, having also a look to the sea.
We staid at his flat. Actually we staid in his “secondary” flat at the ground floor.
I don’t know how many of you know that Spyros is a collector o retro game stuff.
I’m too. Many of you sow my collection of Amiga games in the Kick Off Room. Well, compared to Spyros, I’m just a kid amateur. He has EVERY kind of retro hardware dozens of games for every platform. A real treasure, a gold mine. Awesome. We have been delighted by the great hospitality, it was tangible in every detail, in every word.
In late afternoon, Mary, Spyros and I had a very nice tour of the city riding bicycles. It has been fun, in particular when I used the electric one, really comfortable! We liked a lot that tour, besides to see a nice town, we saw also a very nice and coloured sunset from the hills at the doors of Athens.
In the evening we joined the KOA for the dinner and, of course we were in late as usual, I guess it is become a ritual… I remember in Dubai, Robert said a different time of meeting to us, hoping to have us on time… unluckily, it wasn’t enough! :P
I was very happy to see some faces I didn’t see from long time. I appreciated really much the incredible hospitality of the Greek KOA, we had even the surprise of a very nice T-Shirt with our names in Greek!
I liked a lot every thing I tasted, btw, thanks to have cared about my intolerance to cheese!Then we chatted a lot, chats and tales of the KOA are always very welcome! every time you know something more of the background of the players, some gossip :) some jokes :) :)
The following day, Mary have been with Tatiana and his family the whole day, she stole my camera so I had to take my pictures with my iphone, which isn’t precisely the best device to take picture, anyway I grabbed some nice video and pictures the same.
Spyros and I reached the venue using his old and fantastic car. Unluckily I have no pictures about that car :(
The Vagelis’ shop was amazing. I really liked it, also the retro and super new stuff for supreme pro players, like plutonium keyboards, jet mouse and stuff like that. And on the other side nice amiga joysticks, Arcade cabinets and so on, my personal heaven.
The tournament venue was behind the show room, really nice, many amigas, many friends, what can you ask again?
It was required to follow the fixture, so I did. My first opponent was a tough player: Nikos. I would have liked a soft beginning but that was. I felt him in a very good form. My sensation has been supported by his great tournament: very close to the top, with one more victory he would have been Greek Champion and winner of the tournament together. I beat him in a very tense game where defences dominated the game with blocking headers, wallstop and so on. Nice game.
Then another one very difficult opponent: Panayotis. Like Nikos, he is a real threat. In our last official match he got a draw at the very last second in Milan, this time he was leading by 3-1. He forced my defence easily in the beginning of the match, then played better stopping him many times, scoring in few following counter attacks. I had a break of 5-0 and the game finished 6-3.
I was glad about those two victories but I wasn’t happy about my performances, to many mistakes in front of the opponent goal, and in front of mine.
Then I played Stelios.
As said by Nikos, KOL were announced before the the kick off whistle. Perhaps I’m lacking of practice to defend KOL since Sandro is a bit far away and it is long time I don’t play Fabio, so he scored 3 of his 5 attempts. KOL apart, he showed a very good way to master the ball, it seems he knows the way, at least against me.
BTW, just a quick digression: I noticed that every time in every tournament, most of the guys who aren’t used to stay at the top of the standing, play their best kick off against me. Usually, against me they have always a best goal scoring rate, compared with their goal scored AVG in the tournament, perhaps they unleash their best against me! End of digression.
Then my first defeat. George played very well. On the other side I leaked a lot in defence, and I let him to score 3 easy goals. Usually this isn’t a big problem, when my attack works correctly. But It didn’t so in the end while we were drawing the match, George found two diagonal chip and header goals which gave him the final victory. Well done!
I couldn’t take a breath even with Anotnis. He closed the first half leading 3-1 Then I had a very good come back in the second.
After that game we had the lunch time and I eat a very very good Pita-souvlaki. Glad to meet the Vagelis’ sons and his wife. There where a very nice and cosy atmosphere.
I played Kostas O then, a good challenge in the first haf.
Then the game with Robert. A pity it hasn’t been recorded, since it has been a very good game.
With Robert we have strange games: in some games I win without a real opposition, like in Duesselrdorf. Other times we have great challenges until the final whistle, like the famous Milan match and other great matches.
Anyway he had a wonderful tournament and his overall performance has been reflected also in our game. Perhaps with one minute more, he could complete the come back.
A couple of fun games with Vasilis and Michael then, It was our second game (Vasilis) and the first encounter with Michael!
Then it was the turn for Ektoras. He wasn’t doing very well and with me he didn’t change registry, on the other side I played my first very good game, having a very high percentage on goal attempt/goal scored, I recorded my first DD of the day.
Perhaps I had to save some goals for the following game with Alkis! :)
But I didn’t. Alkis after a very hard beginning of tournament, (3 L in a row, if I remember correctly) token again confidence with him self and he managed to play a very good game with me, putting the word “end” to my streak of 8 wins in our personal challenge in official games.
After Alkis, I played with Kostas, recording my only clean sheets of the tournament.
Before the tournament had to start, many players joked on my possible victory in Greece but, during the whole day, I haven’t been at the top of the standing for a single moment, until the final game.
If I lose with Spyros, I would have recorded my worst performance since 2004 World Cup.
Spyros was performing very well and no matter the last match, he was already Greek champion with one game in advance.
Also this time I got the lead and even stronger than usual, at the beginning of the second half I was leading 6-2. but die hard Spyros started a very dangerous come back and in less than 3 minutes we were 8-6 and seen the trend of the second half, the come back seemed more than possible. Luckily I had a sudden reversal and I closed the doors, scoring a deadly one-two very quickly, giving me a cushion of 4 goals. A gap that was impossible to cover in so short time.
So, with just one match I jumped over Alkis, Nikos and Spyros getting the final lead of the tournament.
I’ve been really happy to attend this tournament, it has been a Royal Rumble.
After the tournament we went to eat in a very nice pub, having lot of fun and eating very good food and beers!
We had the flight in early morning and Spyros was so gentle to bring us to the airport, we got the flight and everything went good to be on time at work in the noon.
It has been an unforgettable week end, I big thanks to Alkis, to invite me in Athens, when we were in Duesselrodf , a great thanks to Spyros and Tatiana for their great hospitality, it has been really a pleasure to stay at you, we felt like at home, and even better! Thanks also to the Greek KOA, I will remember your great hospitality!
See you next time!
Abyss

Postby Abyss » Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:29 am

Gianni, you broke you personal record for shortest time between a KOA event and your review post. Bravo!

Thanks for your kind words. It was great having you here.
alkis21

Postby alkis21 » Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:37 am

Abyss wrote:Gianni, you broke you personal record for shortest time between a KOA event and your review post. Bravo!

:lol: :lol:

I was hoping for a more elaborate analysis of our lap dance. As Stelios said, "Wow Alkis, you dethroned Gianni. Metaphorically and literally"! :lol: :lol:
Remember, remember, the 4th and the 3rd of November
Torchiador
3000+ poster!
3000+ poster!

Postby Torchiador » Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:27 am

alkis21 wrote:
Abyss wrote:Gianni, you broke you personal record for shortest time between a KOA event and your review post. Bravo!

:lol: :lol:

I was hoping for a more elaborate analysis of our lap dance. As Stelios said, "Wow Alkis, you dethroned Gianni. Metaphorically and literally"! :lol: :lol:

:lol:

I'm working also to break my personal record for the longest time between a KOA event and my review, my Dubai review will hold the record for generations to come...
karios

Postby karios » Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:55 pm

A-ma-zing stuff. Well done lads! An hour well wasted at work:) :lol:
How come when I lived in Greece every tournament was so easy to predict as the Greek Super League and now they are so exciting? :) I smell conspiracy, conspiracy I tell you!
alkis21

Postby alkis21 » Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:00 pm

They're easy to predict now as well! It had been four years since I'd lost a tournament. This one was a statistical anomaly. :D
Abyss

Postby Abyss » Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:14 am

alkis21 wrote:They're easy to predict now as well! It had been four years since I'd lost a tournament. This one was a statistical anomaly. :D

Mr no 4 is kindly requested to stop talking nonsense.

Remember, remember, the 4th place :)
alkis21

Postby alkis21 » Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:14 am

Abyss wrote:Mr no 4 is kindly requested to stop talking nonsense.

Agreed!

Code: Select all

Pos  Previous  Pts +-         Player      Country  Points
    3         -     -22        Alkis P       Greece    3240
    4         -     -15       Spyros P       Greece    2557