Koenigswinter Open XXII

Talk about any Kick Off Tournament here.

Moderator: Moderators

Cornelius
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!

Koenigswinter Open XXII

Postby Cornelius » Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:26 am

On the 19th of june we had our monthly koenigswinter tournament, this time sadly without any "outside" guests.

We played team A = team B choosing the following national teams :
Michael L - Spain
Carsten P - Germany
Patrick S - France
Udo T - Italy
Cornelius H - Sweden

Even if it took us until the next morning, we managed to play 3 complete rounds with the following results :

Udo T 1 - 4 Patrick S
Cornelius H 1 - 6 Carsten P
Michael L 6 - 1 Udo T
Patrick S 0 - 5 Cornelius H
Carsten P 5 - 0 Michael L
Udo T 0 - 8 Cornelius H
Patrick S 0 - 3 Carsten P
Cornelius H 5 - 0 Michael L
Carsten P 10 - 0 Udo T
Michael L 6 - 0 Patrick S

Patrick S 4 - 1 Udo T
Carsten P 1 - 4 Cornelius H
Udo T 0 - 8 Michael L
Cornelius H 4 - 1 Patrick S
Michael L 3 - 2 Carsten P
Cornelius H 7 - 0 Udo T
Carsten P 4 - 1 Patrick S
Michael L 0 - 5 Cornelius H
Udo T 0 - 10 Carsten P
Patrick S 2 - 6 Michael L

Udo T 1 - 1 Patrick S
Cornelius H 2 - 2 Carsten P
Udo T 0 - 5 Michael L
Patrick S 0 - 3 Cornelius H
Carsten P 4 - 4 Michael L
Udo T 1 - 10 Cornelius H
Patrick S 1 - 4 Carsten P
Cornelius H 2 - 5 Michael L
Carsten P 10 - 0 Udo T
Michael L 2 - 0 Patrick S

I had expected Michael with his newly repaired joystick to be my fiercest competitor, but since he did put his focus on winning the unofficial title of "the most toxified player of the night", it was Carsten who was my hardest opponent.
gdh82
6000+ Poster!
6000+ Poster!

Re: Koenigswinter Open XXII

Postby gdh82 » Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:41 am

I had expected Michael with his newly repaired joystick to be my fiercest competitor, but since he did put his focus on winning the unofficial title of "the most toxified player of the night"

:lol: :lol:

Played guys, Cornelius :no1: and Michael in particular! :)
All the goals, the stats, the stories & more from the KO2 WC 2011 - please click here

And click here for everything you'll ever need to know about KO2!
Cornelius
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!

Postby Cornelius » Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:25 pm

gdh82 wrote:Played guys, Cornelius :no1: and Michael in particular! :)

Thanks Garry - it's always nice to have you comment my post, since it gives me the feeling, that they're not only for the statistics. :)
gdh82
6000+ Poster!
6000+ Poster!

Postby gdh82 » Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:27 pm

Its the tourney reports and stories behind the scores that bring colour and life to the numbers imo. Keep them coming! I'm sure many of us enjoy that aspect even if others don't post. :)
All the goals, the stats, the stories & more from the KO2 WC 2011 - please click here

Cornelius
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!

Postby Cornelius » Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:46 pm

Specially for Garry I've added our scorer list and our list with the results and the yellow and red cards the players got during the tournament.

As you see, our teams are not named Sweden, Spain or likewise, but are renamed after our favourite german "bundesliga" teams.
I for example play with Sweden, but since I'm a fan of the 1.FC Nuernberg, I rename the swedish team that way.
Michael is playing Spain / Schalke 04, Carsten has Germany / BvB 09, Udo is Italy / Greuther Fuerth and Patrick France / 1.FC Koeln (Cologne).
The order in which the teams are appearing on the list is determined by the rankings of the last tournament played.

Whenever someone scores a goal, he shouts the name of the scoring player (e.g. Kemp) and anybody who's momentarily not playing is (hopefully) writing it down to keep track of the scorers. That way we add the competition who's gonna be the top scorer, the best #10 or the best #whatever.

On the second page we write down the results as well as the yellow (above) and red cards (below) each player gets during the competition. This makes sense, since two yellow cards or one red one means, that this player has to pass for the next game.
Maybe you notice, that there' re although some keepers with yellow cards. This can happen as a kind of disciplinary measure. If somebody for example is prolonging the start of his game for too long, his keeper gets a yellow card. Sadly it sometimes happens without any real reason as a result of bad propaganda - my keeper Richardson is a good example for that, caused by a kind of propaganda / agitation frenzy from Michael during the last tournament, who kept demanding cards for my keeper without any cause for it. ("I know I want to give Richardson a yellow card, but I don't know why") :roll:
Sadly Carsten was always willing to support him in this matter, as well as supporting me in giving Michael's keeper a yellow card for continous agitation against my keeper. :wink:

That's the way we play our tournaments in Koenigswinter. :D

It may look a little bit old fashioned in the times of a (great) Fixture program, but it's our tradition since twenty years and we like it that way.
gdh82
6000+ Poster!
6000+ Poster!

Postby gdh82 » Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:02 pm

Cornelius wrote:That's the way we play our tournaments in Koenigswinter. :D

It may look a little bit old fashioned in the times of a (great) Fixture program, but it's our tradition since twenty years and we like it that way.

Thanks! I find it fascinating and stat-tastic that you guys do this and add another dimension of fun. Love it! 8) Makes you think of other kinds of individual player stats that would be interesting to compare - assists, tackles, completed passes etc etc

Long may your tradition continue! :)